Pictures, video & Photoshop Forum If you want to show off your photoshop skills, share pics and videos of your car or other cars you've found, here's the place to go.

The subject of "flight" pics.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 03:50 PM
Lee Ivatt
Shizzle My Nizzle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The subject of "flight" pics.

The current photo competition subject is flight.
And as the competition is closed today, and in joint last. i thought id share the rest of my pics.

It was an ideal subject for me as my father in law has his own areobatic plane as well as some microlights. Sadly with the winter weather it was very hard to get the ideal shot in time for the entries.

We did 2 flights and the second time we were up for about 4 hours (it burns a lot more fuel than a cossie!!!), so i feel as a way of saying thank you id post up the pics i took trying to get the "perfect" shot which didnt happen due to it being just too turbulant and a low cloud base. And being close to stansted air space we could only go so high at any one time.

Most pics were taken over a stretch between colchester and ipswich at 2500 and 4000 feet, doing about 150 mph ground speed and some times pulling up to -5 G, which is why some of the shots are bad cos i was trying not to pass out

Anyway here they are.

The wife

Pre flight full throttle checks

I clayed, polished and waxed the old girl, it does make a top speed difference believe it or not!!

Bit more complicated than gearstick, accelerate, brake and clutch!!

misses coming back after a few loops and dives

Our 4 hour blast

Side view

Rear view

Shot i was trying to get was a clear reflection/mirror immage of the horizon on the wing, but at 150mph, pulling about -3 G when this pic was taken it didnt come out to clear

Hope you like
Old 04-12-2008, 03:59 PM
paul16v
Monte 087

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool pics!
Old 04-12-2008, 04:21 PM
alan12112
Focus St mk2 310 bhp :D

Old 04-12-2008, 06:41 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ah so that was you lee.some cracking shots there mate.
wonder if its your dad that flies over my house at times then,im near the gun ranges and theres a little plane doing loops etc every now and then
Old 04-12-2008, 06:45 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

I'll have to upload some pictures I got from the Falklands!!
Old 04-12-2008, 06:51 PM
J1mbo
B1mbo

nice pics !!!!
Old 04-12-2008, 06:54 PM
doctor stavros
AMG C32

brilliant pictures there
Old 04-12-2008, 07:23 PM
Red16
10K+ Poster!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool pics Must be great having someone in the family that has a hobby like that... im so jealous

Originally Posted by Bullett
wonder if its your dad that flies over my house at times then,im near the gun ranges and theres a little plane doing loops etc every now and then
Yeah he's spying on you with his big telephoto lens
Old 05-12-2008, 08:14 AM
Lee Ivatt
Shizzle My Nizzle

Originally Posted by Bullett
ah so that was you lee.some cracking shots there mate.
Cracking shots... not really it was the afternoon before the deadline, the weather was shit and My camera is very limited to what it can do.

Loops, it could be although loops sounds too conformist, he likes to be a bit more mysterious, free style he calls it

took me up for my birthday last year and was trying to pull -6G on a 1/2 loop, then when you get to the top stall the engine.

the loss of constant torque created buy the engine stopping makes the plane spin violently.

corkscrewing towards the ground at over 100mph in all directions after a skin full of guiness the night before is not something id recomend

so much fun tho, real heart in the mouth stuff.

Originally Posted by Red16
Cool pics Must be great having someone in the family that has a hobby like that... im so jealous

Yeah he's spying on you with his big telephoto lens

Ive tried to get a few aerial shots of places, the orwell bridge, castle hedingham, my mums house and my dads house over bures pit (a 4x4 offroad site), but sadly not much luck.

Ive only got a sony DSC-H1, and theres about a 2 second delay when taking a shot, that coupled with being 1000 feet up and doing over 100mph, any slight movment of the plane when your on full zoom and you shoot about 1/2 a mile off of the target

then you have to zoom out to get your bearings buy which time the shot has gone!

I've decided ive had enough of cars for the time being so once ive sold my "weekend" cars, i may treat my self to a DSLR and some flying lessons.

He has 3 microlights also, so i may learn to fly one of these as you can get some amazing low level shots from these.

Im also getting a "remote" video camera, the ones that they strap to the sides of cars for top gear and the likes.

Gna strap it to the areoplane and do some spins, so i may try and up load that on here if i can work out how to!
Old 05-12-2008, 08:17 AM
Brian
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Excellent pic's

Brian