PassionFord FAQs This is a collection of frequently asked questions... "How do I become Gold?" "How do I post pictures?"

Why Was My Valid Thread Locked? - Please Answer My Question.

Search this Thread

Old 15-11-2007, 11:14 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why Was My Valid Thread Locked? - Please Answer My Question.

Why was my thread locked? It was a valid comment and you bastards know it was. Now, please, could somebody answer my question please.

To discuss about everything and anything, not necessarily about Ford or even cars. Arguing and defamatory posts will not be tolerated and will be removed without warning. Keep it happy and humerous please folks. (Strictly no parts for sale or adult topics in this room please.)
You clearly state in the description of this room that we can discuss 'everything and anything' yet threads are being moved because we cannot discuss them here and are not following the rules? If you don't want us to post certain things in here then why have the above which I have quoted in the room description? Surely it's contradicting yourself and makes no sense at all.

Benni.
Old 15-11-2007, 11:19 PM
Martyn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As has already been said more than once lately, there are changes being made regarding how things are run, and in general, a tigher ship regarding the rules.
This will probably include some rewording of the rules and section descriptions.
There is alot of discussions ongoing in the mods section about what will be done, hense why I also started the thread this morning asking what people would like to see on PF to make it a better place.

In the meantime, threads will continue to be moved to their correct places, in the interest of making the quiet areas more active, and to keep it all generally more tidy.

So, please bare with us as it is all done, its not a 5 minute job!
Thread after thread after thread moaning about why things are being moved is helping no-one.
Old 15-11-2007, 11:21 PM
lukemakepeace
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

well, it helps the people that are pissed off to calm down.
Old 15-11-2007, 11:24 PM
Martyn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

And that winds up the mods, and you know what happens then
Old 15-11-2007, 11:25 PM
lukemakepeace

Originally Posted by Martyn
And that winds up the mods, and you know what happens then
we get raped in a darl alley
Old 15-11-2007, 11:25 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Surely before moving threads you should change the description?

Police officer: You are speeding, 40 in a 30 I'm going to have to fine you.

Driver: The sign says it's a 40 officer?

Poilice office: Well, we haven't got round to changing them yet.

Can you see where I'm coming from? It's all well and good asking us to respect the new rule but at least have the decensy to remove the old one from the description which allows states it's still valid.

Benni.
Old 15-11-2007, 11:26 PM
lukemakepeace

Originally Posted by Benni

Can you see where I'm coming from? It's all well and good asking us to respect the new rule but at least have the decensy to remove the old one from the description which allows states it's still valid.

Benni.
good way to word it there benni.
Old 15-11-2007, 11:27 PM
Martyn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Yes of course I see where you are coming from.
Is it not better to change the rules once when everything has been decided, or should we change them every hour as ideas come up?

Being pedantic about it all isnt really helping though is it
Old 15-11-2007, 11:30 PM
lukemakepeace

why are you the only mod replying to all this?
Old 15-11-2007, 11:31 PM
cossie04
Advanced PassionFord User

Really i think it should be the other way round, change the description of the forums first, make an offical announcement as a sticky in GD, THEN the topics should be moved. Everyone knows where they stand then...

Ed.
Old 15-11-2007, 11:32 PM
Bungle

Its all fucking bollocks though martyn all the mods do is blabber on about how things are changing and how things should and now you're all swapping and moving things which is causing chaos amongst the users,

Fair enough in some cases its a good idea but these rules should have been enforced / obeyed from day one its too little way too fucking late,

There's way too many members for you to be able to police the site and i think the mods will get fucked off with fighting a losing battle before the members do,

The site has ran like this for way too long for you to do anything to effectively change it imo,

Infact fuck it if you succeed i'll even pay for gold membership
Old 15-11-2007, 11:32 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Yes of course I see where you are coming from.
Is it not better to change the rules once when everything has been decided, or should we change them every hour as ideas come up?

Surely until the final decision has been made threads should be kept where they are? If you need to move them to test the idea and see if it works then you should also change the rule. Well that's just my opinion anyway.

Benni.
Old 15-11-2007, 11:33 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by V6 EDC
Really i think it should be the other way round, change the description of the forums first, make an offical announcement as a sticky in GD, THEN the topics should be moved. Everyone knows where they stand then...

Ed.
Exactly what I am trying to say mate.
Old 15-11-2007, 11:34 PM
Martyn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by lukemakepeace
Because Im the only one awake?
Because the others havent read it yet?
How am I meant to know?
Old 15-11-2007, 11:34 PM
Bungle

Benni.
Fucking hell benni you're on form tonight i couldn't have worded that better myself
Old 15-11-2007, 11:35 PM
edd

its about fucking time we had the "how do i change my radiator" threads pissed off into technical and so on. GD is full of bollocks that has its own place on the forum.
Old 15-11-2007, 11:36 PM
lukemakepeace

or just return it to the way it was, there was no where near as much people maoning before the change about wanting it changed.

why do you (MODS) put up a poll in GD to see if members want it the way it is now or the way it was and then by the result either change it or leave it.

fuck the other forums, thats them, why do we have to be the same?
Old 15-11-2007, 11:37 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

What for following the rule's set out before you even get into general?

Take your head out your arse and answer the question

*sit's waiting for a ban for contributing but not allowed to have a say with the hitler type mod's*
Old 15-11-2007, 11:37 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Because Im the only one awake?
Because the others havent read it yet?
How am I meant to know?
The problem we have there is...

Benni.
Old 15-11-2007, 11:39 PM
Adrian
PassionFord Post Whore!!

As Martyn has stated above, we are testing things and arranging things to get this place in order.

Yes we are moving topics, yes the moved looks tacky, but if everyone posted in the correct rooms to start with then we wouldnt have to do it.

We have been doing this for the past 2 days, yet more topics are started by the same person(s) in the wrong rooms so we just have to move them and leave a "ghost" so you can find it.

Another reason for the "ghost" post is that, as we all know, the search option is a bit flakey. The "ghost" posts will then stop another topic being created asking "where has my post gone".

Believe us when we say these changes are for the better, there is a lot of technicial knowledge on this site, just that a majority of them DONT use general discussion.
Old 15-11-2007, 11:41 PM
lukemakepeace

Originally Posted by Adrian
As Martyn has stated above, we are testing things and arranging things to get this place in order.

Yes we are moving topics, yes the moved looks tacky, but if everyone posted in the correct rooms to start with then we wouldnt have to do it.

We have been doing this for the past 2 days, yet more topics are started by the same person(s) in the wrong rooms so we just have to move them and leave a "ghost" so you can find it.

Another reason for the "ghost" post is that, as we all know, the search option is a bit flakey. The "ghost" posts will then stop another topic being created asking "where has my post gone".

Believe us when we say these changes are for the better, there is a lot of technicial knowledge on this site, just that a majority of them DONT use general discussion.
but everyone still found their answers just fine, there was no problems with it.
Old 15-11-2007, 11:44 PM
Adrian
PassionFord Post Whore!!

but everyone still found their answers just fine, there was no problems with it.
You can be sure that of that 100% can you?

Not something that I would agree with/to.
Old 15-11-2007, 11:45 PM
lukemakepeace

You can be sure that of that 100% can you?

Not something that I would agree with/to.
well i can as i always got my answers as did loads of others, just read the threads theres plenty of evidence.
Old 15-11-2007, 11:46 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

But before you enter General Discussion, if you want to make sure you are posting in the correct room you read the room description. It clearly states which is my argument, the room is for 'Anything and Everthing' so we are actually posting in the correct room, are we not?
Old 15-11-2007, 11:47 PM
lukemakepeace

But before you enter General Discussion, if you want to make sure you are posting in the correct room you read the room description. It clearly states which is my argument, the room is for 'Anything and Everthing' so we are actually posting in the correct room, are we not?
apparrantly not, oh wait........ yes we are. hmmm......
Old 15-11-2007, 11:49 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

apparrantly not, oh wait........ yes we are. hmmm......
I'm confused, as they are enforcing rules before removing the old ones how do I know if I am posting in the correct room full stop? I mean, I could ask a computer question the computer room only for it to be moved to the for sale section. As the rule is implied before the old one removed I guess you would never know.
Old 15-11-2007, 11:51 PM
lukemakepeace

its all a mystery here, no one knows.

any way MODS!!!!!!!! are you even going to reply to my post about the poll or is it that you know we will all want it put back to how it was?
Old 15-11-2007, 11:53 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I see your point on that one.
But i stopped using fiestaturbo on the account if someone posted something and you made a comment which i was then told nobody wanted to hear what i thought as it was for information only
A general Forum that you cant discuss on?

Is that what's happening here?

If it is i would like a refund on my gold membership
Old 15-11-2007, 11:54 PM
lukemakepeace

Originally Posted by mrjenrst

I see your point on that one.
But i stopped using fiestaturbo on the account if someone posted something and you made a comment which i was then told nobody wanted to hear what i thought as it was for information only
A general Forum that you cant discuss on?

Is that what's happening here?

If it is i would like a refund on my gold membership
its an area where you can now discuss nothing but ..... well..... nothing.
Old 15-11-2007, 11:55 PM
Adrian
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Benni.

This is only to do with GD. You post in the computer section then it will stay in the computer section.

If you post a computer related question in here then it will get moved to the computer section.

Its not brain surgery, its a simple request, but you and your stooge are making a big deal over it.

How about we move this post to the correct room (Politics) and take it from there?
Old 15-11-2007, 11:57 PM
lukemakepeace

Benni.

This is only to do with GD. You post in the computer section then it will stay in the computer section.

If you post a computer related question in here then it will get moved to the computer section.

Its not brain surgery, its a simple request, but you and your stooge are making a big deal over it.

How about we move this post to the correct room (Politics) and take it from there?
stooge... fuck you! and dont move it there! or is it you cant handle the fact that more than 1 person is willing to disagree with what your doing?
Old 15-11-2007, 11:59 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

so how do i get a refund on my gold subscription?
Old 16-11-2007, 12:00 AM
lukemakepeace

you cant, its too late
Old 16-11-2007, 12:04 AM
Bungle

Benni.

How about you leave this thread the fuck alone and let people have there say, I'm not a gold member so cant carry on this discussion in there neither can a lot of other members,

Fair enough thats my problem but theres enough reasons to not become a gold member as it is without you lot and the fucking shambles you've created,

As i said before too little too late this should have been done years ago i dont give my little girl a bag of sweets then 10 minutes later change my mind and say sorry you cant have these sweets anymore

If you leave threads like this for more than 5 fucking minutes and let members have there say you'll soon realise there are far more people that want it the way it was before you lot started fucking things up,

Its the members that make this site and many others what do you / the site think will be gained from all of this?????
Old 16-11-2007, 12:08 AM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i honestly hope to fuck it's not gonna end up with everyone trying to rim everyone else!

Cos it's a good forum where you can say what you feel.
There would be no point it fucking it up
Cos you have to move shit about.

Get a fucking grip we are all adult's
Old 16-11-2007, 12:45 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Benni.

What I am trying to say is and what Martyn has openly admitted, you are enforcing a new rule which after many years you have decided is a good idea yet you have not removed the old description which clearly states we can post whatever we like, which would instantly over ride your new rule. You are contradicting yourself. It doesn’t matter how big or small the issue is you are still doing it. You should of changed the description well before you started moving posts around and you know it.

How about you leave this thread the fuck alone and let people have there say, I'm not a gold member so cant carry on this discussion in there neither can a lot of other members,
Like me for example, The topic starter.

Benni.
Old 16-11-2007, 01:20 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I think this thread should be moved to the policies room, as anyone who isnt prepared to pay a measly tenner to support the site obviously isnt really *that* bothered about the site so I dont see why they should be moaning about something so unimportant to them.
Old 16-11-2007, 01:26 AM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

yeah but be carefull benni
They'll only ban you for been right.

the mod's are nazi's
Old 16-11-2007, 01:29 AM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Chip-3Door
I think this thread should be moved to the policies room, as anyone who isnt prepared to pay a measly tenner to support the site obviously isnt really *that* bothered about the site so I dont see why they should be moaning about something so unimportant to them.
And you can fuck off.
I've paid my money so gobble a dick
Old 16-11-2007, 04:51 AM
Nath
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Chip-3Door
I thought it was £20

Quick Reply: Why Was My Valid Thread Locked? - Please Answer My Question.