The Adrian Flux Experience?

Search this Thread

Old 16-12-2008, 03:18 PM
SmuJ
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question The Adrian Flux Experience?

Has anyone had a policy with Adrian Flux before?

Does anyone recommend them?

I done a recent online quote with them and the price seem very reasonable considering im only 20 with one years no claims bonus. I am looking to buy a modified insurance policy for next year.

Many thanks...
Old 16-12-2008, 03:20 PM
THE Q
MAD STAMP OF APPROVAL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SmuJ
Has anyone had a policy with Adrian Flux before?

Does anyone recommend them?

I done a recent online quote with them and the price seem very reasonable considering im only 20 with one years no claims bonus. I am looking to buy a modified insurance policy for next year.

Many thanks...
Yeah, I'm with them. I was 19 when I bought my cossie and been with them ever since.
Old 16-12-2008, 03:39 PM
vinnyvangough
Advanced PassionFord User

I been with them for a few years. Always a very competetive quote and good to deal with. Had a deal off them for my fully kitted van at 19 all mods declared £700 fully comp. Good deal on a van.
Old 16-12-2008, 04:07 PM
ANDYRACER
The more turbos,more fun!

Im with them at the moment on my GT4, was 19 when i got it and they quoted me a decent price espically with 0 no claims.
Old 16-12-2008, 09:05 PM
Jon_Dragon
Virgin

Mines £550 for a 2002 focus 'elle' with mods (of which there are many) declared. Im 26 with 0% no-claims
Old 17-12-2008, 09:40 AM
SmuJ

All postive feedback. Sounds good. I might well have to invest with them. Do those poilicies give you a really high excess to pay though?
Old 17-12-2008, 09:58 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

All postive feedback. Sounds good. I might well have to invest with them. Do those poilicies give you a really high excess to pay though?
Not always no.
Old 17-12-2008, 12:24 PM
SmuJ

What happens say if you buy a car standard, take out a policy with adrian flux saying you have no mods, then six months later you get new wheels do you just declare it and they change they adjust the price accordingly for the remainder of the policy?
Old 17-12-2008, 12:51 PM
ANDYRACER

When i bought my celica it was standard, i just declared the mods i was planning on doing to it and did the mods about 3-4months later.
Old 17-12-2008, 12:52 PM
vinnyvangough

I added mods to my policy and they didnt even bother adjusting my price. My policy has always included the drive any other car policy too which is worth doing.
Old 17-12-2008, 01:47 PM
SmuJ

OK Kool. Thanks guys, much appriecated. As i said i will definately look into taking out a policy with Adrian Flux in the new year.
Old 18-12-2008, 10:51 PM
yellowsierra

All this banging on about how cheap it is , is only the half of it
What we need to know is , has anyone had to make a claim and if so, how did it go and was you happy with the outcome
Old 19-12-2008, 08:00 AM
Mike C
The Special One

Originally Posted by yellowsierra
All this banging on about how cheap it is , is only the half of it
What we need to know is , has anyone had to make a claim and if so, how did it go and was you happy with the outcome
I wouldn't go with Flux if they gave me the policy for free...
Old 19-12-2008, 08:55 AM
ikarma70

Originally Posted by Mike C
I wouldn't go with Flux if they gave me the policy for free...
nice to know why if you could elaborate as to why you wouldn't use Flux?
Old 19-12-2008, 09:04 AM
Mike C
The Special One

After all the horror stories I've heard from people who've tried to make a claim, amend simple details or anything like that. One guy in particular who's story stood out.

They're not known by many as Adrian fcuk ups for nothing!
Old 19-12-2008, 12:27 PM
SmuJ

Question

Originally Posted by Mike C
...One guy in particular who's story stood out...

.........any more details then that?
Old 19-12-2008, 12:50 PM
Nash_mr2
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

i was 19 with a UK MR2, 2 yrs No claims, and what did they say to me.......sorry you have to be 24 to get insured on a "sports car" with us -

useless wankers.
Old 19-12-2008, 12:53 PM
Moonstone Mo

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

been ok for me price wise customer service is wank tho!!!
Old 19-12-2008, 12:53 PM
Mike C
The Special One

.........any more details then that?
I've found the quote from the guy (taken from another forum)

Well i think everybody knows the load of crap i've had from Adrian Flux
  • Pass plus discount not given
  • Then when it was it wasn't the agreed amount
  • Cancelled policy x4 for non-payment (even though the money was in THEIR bank)
  • Driving license taken from me because they didn't cover me on the correct car
  • Covering my brown 1.4 with the follow covernote "BMW X5 reg M196 BCC (blue scort reg)"
  • General shite/lack of get-up-and-go with customer service
Well today....i recieve a letter from them (1 one since the apology for getin my license taken off me, which i have back now) saying the following....
Originally Posted by Adrian Fux, oops sorry FLUX
Dear mr pearson,
Following certain checks, it has come to our attention that your registration on the car is showing as 'M196 BCC' but should infact be 'M196 BCC' (ITS THE SAME THE BELL ENDS), Also we have noticed that your insurance policy payment are 7 months in arrears and i'm sure you can appreciate that isn't good, we here-by give you 7 days notice of cancellation of the above policy number and arrears past to a debt company ETC ETC ETC BLA BLA BLA
i find this HISTERICAL, i've already been onto the FSA (governing body of insurance) and they were in the process of dealing with my other report as i rang lol so this has now been added to the list, i've rang adrian flux and gave them the reference number i've been given by the FSA and have said that i will ONLY speak to somebody in authority ABOVE team leader/manager and prefferably managing Director,

(boring bit)
Now i've notified them of my dissatisfaction, they HAVE to sort it out by close of business next business day otherwise they are bascially saying "ok we are wrong and holding info...bum rape us" or "aaron your a lying Shite Pee off" BEARING in mind i have the letter(s) infront of me.....wonder which will come out lol

this has turned into a HEFTY rant but i'm sure i have VERY good cause lol (good job i work in insurance and know how to scare them lol)

rant over aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

EDIT: MAY I JUST ADD, THIS HAS BEEN SINCE JAN 05 and is my 1st & last year with them
That's just one of many from the same chap and countless others...
Old 19-12-2008, 01:18 PM
Nash_mr2
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

go with direct line, they've given me 2 fantastic prices on 2 different cars that no other insurnace companby coult even come close it - i also got my house insurance with them,
Old 19-12-2008, 09:12 PM
yellowsierra

There you go, just goes to show that you cant judge an insurance company on its good price alone.
I know AF are 9/10 the cheapest quotes and in most casses get you a price on whatever mod you have but do they really care and understand or is it just our money they are after.
Old 19-12-2008, 10:10 PM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

I've always had excellent dealings with Flux and today was no exception.

Had problems with my bank account and as such no payments were being paid out by my bank.

Flux have not had a payment from me for 31 days. I pay monthly as it was easier for me at the time. The company who apply the credit cancelled the direct debit and refuse to deal with me now.

I was worried I was no longer insured, I rang flux close to closing time and was greeted by a friendly lady, explained my problem she listened beared with me while I did my usual trick of talking crap for a good 5 minutes then said she'd see what she could do to get the policy reinstated.

Came back 2 minutes later, policy had never been cancelled in the first place, the credit company were bullshitting me, informed me they had no problem dealing directly with me for my monthly payments from now on and asked if I could make the payment before the 28th, I made it there and then and we've arranged for the other payments to go out for the next 4 months.

Good customer service as I rang up with a concern and it was dealt with quickly and efficiently.

I have no experience of having to make a claim and hope I never do, but Flux have not let me down so far and hopefully it stays that way

They were also the most competitive.

Insurance is such a grey area as it all depends on personal circumstances so you can never make comparisons.

Tim

Last edited by Rick Astley; 19-12-2008 at 10:11 PM.
Old 20-12-2008, 09:16 AM
rich.edrsoc
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

What happens say if you buy a car standard, take out a policy with adrian flux saying you have no mods, then six months later you get new wheels do you just declare it and they change they adjust the price accordingly for the remainder of the policy?
i asked them this, and they said to just inform them, no extra charge for alloys, don't know whether this depends on your details or not tho...

not had any problems with Adrian Flux, good prices and good customer service every time i've needed to speak to anyone.....
Old 20-12-2008, 10:08 AM
SmuJ

I have been with Direct Line for 2 years and i've made mistakes and fucked up and im paying silly amounts with them because of it. But i need to switch otherwise there just going to rape me continuously. Plus they won't let me mod anything.

Mike C - That does seem like one of those extreme cases that does happen one in a blue moon though. But yeah it does sound shite from that story, but its all swings and roundabouts really all insurnace companies have this...

Old 20-12-2008, 01:32 PM
Marshin
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

i used to be with adrian flux with my mondeo st200, i was only 19 at the time and they gave me a really good price!
Old 20-12-2008, 04:24 PM
ANDYRACER

I ring them up probs twice a month when bored in work to get a price to insure a car, and never ever had bad customer service, never had a problem with my direct debits, originally started the policy on my golf gti then swapped over to my celica and never had any problems.
Old 20-12-2008, 04:25 PM
Mark_
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ive in my 2nd year with flux now, they seem ok. good honest price and i have break own cover although not used yet
Old 20-12-2008, 06:22 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Ive been with them for the second year in a row now and they have been spot on with me.My wifes car insurance was due so i got hers cheaper too cause of me already having a policy with them.
Old 22-12-2008, 09:26 AM
RS Juto
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

I been with them for 4 years now with my focus st170 and never had a problem. Even when i had an accident on a Friday night, a car was delivered to me Saturday morning, mine was taken away during the following week. Just one phone call did it all.

Not that competitive on my cossie though, Went with performance direct
Old 22-12-2008, 10:01 AM
Gazzonator
Gary Krishna

Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

Ive only had one issue with them tbh but i think it was more down to the cock that i got through to that couldnt be bothered!

Previous to this incident i phoned up for a qoute on a stage 3 2wd saph cossie which was 1500 quid fully comp with mods declared which at 22 years of age, i though was quite reasonable.

The deal with the cossie fell through but i found a mint Fiesta RS Turbo so i bought that instaed. Went to get a qoute from them for the fez and for TPFT cover ona standard car the geezer quoted me nearly 4k!

I asked why i got quoted what i did on the saph and then why the fiesta was SOOOO much more expensive and he replied 'the fiesta rs turbo is a much more expensive vehicle with much more performance and as such is a higher gruop'!!!!!!

The only reasons i can think for this is either just a twat who couldnt be arsed, he typed the details in wrong or he was on drugs! Lol! Or all 3!

I have a policy out with them at the mo on my saph which they quoted me £890 fully comp with all mods declared running 450 bhp with i dont think is bad at all tbh and i'm now 26.