General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

bnp on the tv

Search this Thread

Old 23-10-2009, 09:10 AM
bigal1978
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chip
The main people the british people need to toughen up against, is the lazy white people who live off my taxes.
there are "more lazy white people " living of mine and ur taxes but imo its there doing it so am i

i watched a guy who had 2 jobs to support his family , rentin a house blah blah , sat in the council office all day for a few days trying to get a house .he told us that in the 3 day a few "put what you want here " came and left with keys
he dropped both jobs and left exeter
now lives up the line doing what ever other lazy cunt does but he has a house
Old 23-10-2009, 09:11 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by RANJ
i cant belive some people, you have to cut the good times with the bad, (wasnt it labour who bought in tax credits to help the familys who really need help) , then going back to world war 2, alot of indians fought for this country (quite often forgotton heros)
I dont think anyone with much of a brain really thinks that this country would have been better off without immigration in the past, but I do think that we should tighten up the rules these days, although thats not easy to do while being part of europe.
The first thing this country needs to do as part of its immigration policy though is a work programme that means NO ONE gets unemployment or job seekers benefits etc, that would be the first way to remove the risk of people turning up here to claim, stop them doing so.

If you are out of work, you should be given a government job, its not like the roads wouldnt benefit from more labour and it would prove your ability to work to a prospective employer, NO handouts should be the first policy any government does.
Old 23-10-2009, 09:13 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by Alan_D
Regardless of their financial credentials, I think what's starting to annoy people is Labour's increasing need to control everything we do. Worrying stuff.
Sadly, they are controlling the wrong things!

I actually think that the general public need controlling in certain ways.
Old 23-10-2009, 09:15 AM
.Ross.
Advanced PassionFord User

Our current position is bad to begin with, and would get worse as a result of his policies aimed at trying to seperate us economically from the rest of the world, he wants to impose extra taxes on imported good that would massively increase the cost of living, at the same time as getting all the cheap labour to leave the country, meaning that home made goods would become more expensive as well.

His policies are all born out of racial hatred not out of sound economic views, and we would be utterly fucked IMHO if he got in (more so than we are at the moment)
Opinion or Fact here chip?

I know what you are saying, You couldnt do this overnight as it would defo fook everything but It could be done .. The US are already doing this.

I dont think theres anything wrong with going back to what we have .. For instance, Lets dig more coal here instead of Importing as much?

Stop giving Billions away to countrys that dont need it ..
Old 23-10-2009, 09:17 AM
timrud
BANNED
BANNED

I strongly believe that Labour allowed a load of immigrants in so we would really hate them. Then they could place greater social controls on legitimate people becuase of the immigrant problem they created!!

Call me a conspiracy theorest, but when you look at it that way it does ring true.
Old 23-10-2009, 09:19 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by .Ross.
Opinion or Fact here chip?

I know what you are saying, You couldnt do this overnight as it would defo fook everything but It could be done .. The US are already doing this.

I dont think theres anything wrong with going back to what we have .. For instance, Lets dig more coal here instead of Importing as much?
Mobile phones
DVD players
Widescreen televisions
Cars
FOOD

These are all things we DONT have a manufacturing base for in this country and would struggle to afford IMHO under Nick Griffin.
(I know you are going to say we do make cars here, but you are wrong, we dont, too many of the parts are imported for it to qualify as us having a single true mass production car made in the UK)

Now TBH, I personally would quite like the opportunity to go back to the 1940s and a simpler way of life, but doing so would first need a massive cull of the white population as well as the browns and blacks, there are too many of us to exist as self sufficient.
Old 23-10-2009, 09:19 AM
stucos71
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
Thought he came across as someone who was way out of his depth.
Came across that way, but dont think that was the case. There was only one guy in the audience on his side who got to air his views, and the rabble decended on him too.

Thought he done well considering everybody else was against him, and he could rarely get a word in.

At least he tried to answer all questions put to him, unlike Jack Straw, who backpeddled whenever he was asked an awkward question. Had plenty to say tho, when it was Griffin was getting it tight.
Old 23-10-2009, 09:20 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by timrud
I strongly believe that Labour allowed a load of immigrants in so we would really hate them. Then they could place greater social controls on legitimate people becuase of the immigrant problem they created!!

Call me a conspiracy theorest, but when you look at it that way it does ring true.
Can you name a single labour policy that has resulted in a significant increase in immigration, as TBH I cant think of anything direct, sure signing us up strongly to the EU has done so indirectly, but thats about all that springs to mind, and that doesnt cover any of the non white people, as nearly all the extra people coming in from europe are white anyway (polish etc).

Last edited by Chip; 23-10-2009 at 09:21 AM.
Old 23-10-2009, 09:24 AM
.Ross.

Mobile phones
DVD players
Widescreen televisions
Cars
FOOD

These are all things we DONT have a manufacturing base for in this country and would struggle to afford IMHO under Nick Griffin.
(I know you are going to say we do make cars here, but you are wrong, we dont, too many of the parts are imported for it to qualify as us having a single true mass production car made in the UK)

Now TBH, I personally would quite like the opportunity to go back to the 1940s and a simpler way of life, but doing so would first need a massive cull of the white population as well as the browns and blacks, there are too many of us to exist as self sufficient.
Aye well ... Adding Import TAX is one thing .. You are making it sound like they are going to Double the price of things ... Wouldnt think so TBH .. And only Tax good that cannot be made here.

UK has one of the biggest comsumer markets in the world ... Dont thing Companys are gonna walk away because they have to adjust pricing.
Old 23-10-2009, 09:28 AM
Chip

Aye well ... Adding Import TAX is one thing .. You are making it sound like they are going to Double the price of things ... Wouldnt think so TBH .. And only Tax good that cannot be made here.

UK has one of the biggest comsumer markets in the world ... Dont thing Companys are gonna walk away because they have to adjust pricing.
Companies arent going to walk away, they will still import goods, we just wont be able to afford them, plunging us further into recession.
Jobs in supporting industries will be lost, increasing unemployment, plunging us further into recession.
Other countries will of course respond by putting massive import taxes on our goods to in a political backlash to us effecting their exports to us, which will hurt our exports, plunging us further into recession.

This country isnt capable of sustaining its population in isolation, we benefit from free trade with the world, in both directions!
Old 23-10-2009, 09:35 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by stucos71
Thought he done well considering everybody else was against him, and he could rarely get a word in.
There's a reason why everyone was against him!
Old 23-10-2009, 09:37 AM
twinkle_2k86
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

I was looking forward to it last night, and TBH found it was all staged. Griffin was attacted from all angles, and half the time was not aloud to answer the questions, and when he was aloud to answer them he had been shot down before he even said a word. I would not vote BMP as i dont agree with there policys, but i do agree with the way he has the bottle to go on this type of show and try and tell people/MP`s etc how most of the british people are thinking. He doesn`t always come across right, and the press/media take full advantage of this, but between the lines you know what hes trying to say.

If one of the big partys just listened to him, or the british people, and did something about it, we as a country would be far better off, but they wont do it for some reason.

One thing that really bugs me, is the primary school our kids go to, the dont have a nativity play at christmas any more, last year it was to do with aliens, whats that to do with christmas. Not sure its the same in other school. Whats happen to jesus and mary etc, why cant we have them back?

Also if they stopped imagration or slowed it down to the select few and got the lazy ass people of there ass and into work, that included the white british people as there just as bad. If they dont get work and controbute to the state, then cut there benifits. If they do work, and im sure it wont be a high payed job, then help them out with benifits, as there still paying something back to the state.

Its got nothing to do with race, its about sorting this country out, and making it a country of hard working people, that accept the british way of life, and that includes our religon and beleafs. If you dont like it that way, go back home and dont come here in the first place.
Old 23-10-2009, 09:37 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Truthful? Did you actually watch the programme?

Thought he came across as someone who was way out of his depth.
that's the phrase i have been looking for since last night

onthe other hand, dimblbee looked and acted like the naughty schoolkid who's been put in charge of teh school
the woman from the history meusem was only there to talk about history, placed next to him to be bigger than she was
jack straw didn't answer a question wihtout getting sidlined into talking about soemthing else
the muslim woman, wtf was she on about she's a muslim, female, trying to make herself look big in the conservative party, so she's being pulled in 10 different directions at the same time and non of her answers added up
and the bloke at the end was just there to make u pthe numbers for the other parties

if there hadn't been so much heckling from the audience and panel members i think there would have been more of a serious nature to the show

if i wanted to see that sort of shite i'd stay in on a saturday night and watch x factor
Old 23-10-2009, 09:39 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by twinkle_2k86
Its got nothing to do with race, its about sorting this country out, and making it a country of hard working people, that accept the british way of life, and that includes our religon and beleafs. If you dont like it that way, go back home and dont come here in the first place.

I would imagine that the most common religion practised by the followers of the BNP is "none"

So thats your nativity play fucked then if they get in as your christian beliefs would be out of place

I see no value in teaching children fictional views designed to massively oppress and control them through ignoriance so I dont believe that forcing religion upon them is a good thing, wether that be islamic bollocks or christian bollocks or jewish bollocks, its all still just bollocks IMHO

Last edited by Chip; 23-10-2009 at 09:40 AM.
Old 23-10-2009, 09:40 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

one of the points i did like that he put were that there shouldn't be any sex education for primary school kids

and when asked about the death of gately, it was excuriating to watch them struggle to say what they wanted to say with him sitting there, namely that even if you don't like what people are saying, you should let them say it

but nick put on as good as show as he could, even though he started to wave his hands about and then realised that he was shaking way to much and put them back on the table again

same when he was scribbling stuff down

the fact tht he also said that he couldn't remember the poll which he was quoting sort of ran along the same lines as him standing by the kkk bloke and other stuff
Old 23-10-2009, 09:46 AM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by timrud

Indeed. It's called....

Problem.Reaction.Solution.

Happens more than you'd probably know in this day and age. It's another very subtle form of propaganda.
Old 23-10-2009, 09:49 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by Graham S1
Indeed. It's called....

Problem.Reaction.Solution.

Happens more than you'd probably know in this day and age. It's another very subtle form of propaganda.
Worked well for the Nazis to get rid of the jews.

And I firmly believe that the current UK population is FAR more qualified towards blindly following someone than 1930s germany was
Old 23-10-2009, 10:02 AM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

There's a reason why everyone was against him!
There is also a reason they are picking up seats. The BNP have identified what the British public want/The British public are fed up of Labour's bullshit policies and see nothing else in any other party.

It's a sad state of affairs that we have got to the point of voting for someone as we deem there to be no other choice.
Old 23-10-2009, 10:04 AM
stucos71
Regular Contributor

So thats your nativity play fucked then if they get in as your christian beliefs would be out of place
A lot of schools etc have banned them anyway, including pupils exchanging cards, incase it upsets the minorities who dont celebrate xmas.

PC gone mad.
Old 23-10-2009, 10:04 AM
Chip

The BNP provide an important barometer of one aspect of british opinion, without them the main parties wouldnt get to see just how many voters feel so strongly about immigration, they have a useful role to play in that respect, but fuck letting the stupid cunts ever run the country, if people think brown is doing a bad job they aint seen nothing yet
Old 23-10-2009, 10:07 AM
mynew2
Regular Contributor

I did not see it last night, and i dont tend to vote as 9 out 10 times what they say they are going to do they dont but the BNP do make some good points as per below

IMMIGRATION

Deport all the two million plus who are here illegally; - Deport all those who commit crimes and whose original nationality was not British;
- Review all recent grants of residence or citizenship to ensure they are still appropriate;
- Offer generous grants to those of foreign descent resident here who wish to leave permanently;
- Stop all new immigration except for exceptional cases;
- Reject all asylum seekers who passed safe countries on their way to Britain.

CRIME

- Free the police and courts from the politically correct straitjacket which is stopping them from doing their jobs properly;
- End the liberal fixation with the “rights” of criminals and replace it with concern for the rights of victims – and the right of innocent people not to become victims;
- Re-introduce corporal punishment for petty criminals and vandals;
- Restore capital punishment for paedophiles, terrorists and murderers as an option for judges in cases where their guilt is proven beyond dispute (such as with DNA or other compelling evidence).
- Reinstate the death penalty

Also i think there are to many people that come here illegally and then claim that if they go back to there country then they will be killed. At the end of the day why is that our problem.

also people that sign on if they dont get a job in 6 months they should be given the choice of other jobs like working in macdonalds, sweeping streets and if they refuse to do that.
Old 23-10-2009, 10:07 AM
Chip

A lot of schools etc have banned them anyway, including pupils exchanging cards, incase it upsets the minorities who dont celebrate xmas.

PC gone mad.

I dont want to see islamic or muslim culture introduced into our school curriculm personally, so as its clearly not fair to have focus on one recently introduced religion and not another one, I can see the reasoning for not allowing christian or muslim religions to start appearing in the classroom.

I view it as a shame in some ways, as i view the nativity play etc as a part of our culture, but its a very useless one and a small price to pay if it gets practicing all religions out of our schools IMHO
Old 23-10-2009, 10:09 AM
mynew2
Regular Contributor

PC gone mad.
indeed it has, do you remember a few years back i think it was euro 2006 and every one had there england flags flying, and people where being asked to take them down as it was upsetting the minorities why should we not be able to support on national team it is becoming a joke
Old 23-10-2009, 10:16 AM
.Ross.

Companies arent going to walk away, they will still import goods, we just wont be able to afford them, plunging us further into recession.
Jobs in supporting industries will be lost, increasing unemployment, plunging us further into recession.
Other countries will of course respond by putting massive import taxes on our goods to in a political backlash to us effecting their exports to us, which will hurt our exports, plunging us further into recession.

This country isnt capable of sustaining its population in isolation, we benefit from free trade with the world, in both directions!
What like our Exports arnt heavly Taxed anyway .. The EU has seen to that ... Same with the North sea.

Jobs in suporting Industrys are being lost daily as it is ... Things going to Poland like NSK bearings .. Ship building .. Heavy Industry is lost ..

And who ever said about Isolation? Thats the way you think it would work out .. You can still pull out of Europe and trade .. Plenty of Non EU country do this .. Same with the states ..

IMO I think it could work in the long run .. over a few decades mind ..
Old 23-10-2009, 10:18 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by mynew2
I did not see it last night, and i dont tend to vote as 9 out 10 times what they say they are going to do they dont but the BNP do make some good points as per below

IMMIGRATION

Deport all the two million plus who are here illegally; - Deport all those who commit crimes and whose original nationality was not British;
Great policy, but its already policy, its implementing it that is the difficult part and ive yet to see any details of how they intend to achieve this realistically.

- Review all recent grants of residence or citizenship to ensure they are still appropriate;
you cant go retrospectively revoking citizenship, its not fair or right.

- Offer generous grants to those of foreign descent resident here who wish to leave permanently;
fuck that, foreigners go home everyday anyway, im not paying them massive sums of my taxes to do something they were just about to do anyway!

- Stop all new immigration except for exceptional cases;
good idea

- Reject all asylum seekers who passed safe countries on their way to Britain.
good idea

CRIME

- Free the police and courts from the politically correct straitjacket which is stopping them from doing their jobs properly;
sounds good in principle, except the police already have more powers than they have the moral standards to be trusted with, fuck giving them anymore!
So a bad idea in practice IMHO

- End the liberal fixation with the “rights” of criminals and replace it with concern for the rights of victims – and the right of innocent people not to become victims;
Difficult to draw a line between the two, but I think its a good idea only AFTER someone is convicted, but certainly not while they are just a suspect, their rights should only be forfeited upon conviction.

- Re-introduce corporal punishment for petty criminals and vandals;
I like the idea in principle as its so much cheaper to implement, but I dont think that fire can be fought with fire, and I believe that doing so will just lead to violence becoming even more acceptable than it is currently, giving rise to more domestic violence etc. (just like is found in islam in fact where they have corporal punishment)

- Restore capital punishment for paedophiles, terrorists and murderers as an option for judges in cases where their guilt is proven beyond dispute (such as with DNA or other compelling evidence).
Good idea in principle, but very difficult to implement, especially as DNA evidence can so easily be planted for something like a fake rape.

- Reinstate the death penalty
They just said that, capital punishment IS the death penalty.

Also i think there are to many people that come here illegally and then claim that if they go back to there country then they will be killed. At the end of the day why is that our problem.
It is our problem because we are a civilised society, however if the BNP stance of "you stop at the first safe country you get to" was applied to political refugees then it would become acedemic really as thats never us anyway!

also people that sign on if they dont get a job in 6 months they should be given the choice of other jobs like working in macdonalds, sweeping streets and if they refuse to do that.
Working in mcdonalds wouldnt be an acceptable use of their labour, as its a commerical firm operating for profit, and worse still its a foreign owned one so the profits would be going abroad, but yes there are plenty of uses to put people to rather than sitting on their arses, the roads are in a shocking state in lots of place for example and there are loads of streets that would benefit from litter collection etc.
Old 23-10-2009, 10:19 AM
BRAMMER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I've just watched the programme now and it went exactly as i predicted an audience majority against which isn't a debate and basically just throwing Nick Griffin to the lions.

One thing that does confuse me about him is for an educated man his policies and the way he comes across are uneducated like most of the followers of that party.
Some of his comments on the website you can understand what he wants for the British population but they go about it the completely wrong way by making skin colour an issue.
Homosexuality another issue, i'm not homophobic and adults can do as they wish but i agree with his comments not to teach children about homosexuality as yes in that case it does come over slightly perverse imo.

I thought the questions that came up regarding border controls are a massive issue with the government and definitely need to be addressed and controlled asap especially with near 3 million unemployed.
Old 23-10-2009, 10:21 AM
Chip

What like our Exports arnt heavly Taxed anyway .. The EU has seen to that ... Same with the North sea.
No they arent taxed in the way they would be if we started to increase tax on imports.

Jobs in suporting Industrys are being lost daily as it is ... Things going to Poland like NSK bearings .. Ship building .. Heavy Industry is lost ..
Yes they are, and FAR more would go under griffin

And who ever said about Isolation?
Well not Nick griffin thats for sure mate, as im sure he hasnt actually thought any of his hate filled economic policies through, they are all based on racial hatred not on any sort of understanding of the economy.

Thats the way you think it would work out .. You can still pull out of Europe and trade .. Plenty of Non EU country do this .. Same with the states ..
You cant trade as easily as you can currently, and our exports are already struggling, the last thing they need is crippling even further by foreign reactions to crap policies by the government.

It wouldnt, not in a few decades and not in a few centuries, we simply dont have the natural resources needed to be self sufficient in a modern society.
Old 23-10-2009, 10:28 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Originally Posted by Rick Astley
There is also a reason they are picking up seats. The BNP have identified what the British public want/The British public are fed up of Labour's bullshit policies and see nothing else in any other party.
They're picking up seats, because on the surface of it there is sense in some of what they're saying. Yes it's wrong that immigrants are being so well looked after yet British people are being neglected - but, and it's a very big but, the immigration issue is merely the tip of the iceberg. The BNP are a LOT more right wing that many realise, and the portion of the iceberg that's under the water is being largely ignored by those that vote for them. It's that aspect of the BNP that worries me the most.
Old 23-10-2009, 10:32 AM
Chip

They're picking up seats, because on the surface of it there is sense in some of what they're saying. Yes it's wrong that immigrants are being so well looked after yet British people are being neglected - but, and it's a very big but, the immigration issue is merely the tip of the iceberg. The BNP are a LOT more right wing that many realise, and the portion of the iceberg that's under the water is being largely ignored by those that vote for them. It's that aspect of the BNP that worries me the most.
I think that in most case their supporters are just too stupid to work out the real implications if they were to get in power, they arent exactly "the thinking mans political party"

They wont ever get in as a government though, so its all acedemic anyway.
Old 23-10-2009, 10:33 AM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I completely disagree with things like Nativity Plays being banned and not being able to fly the flag of your nation to show your support for your national team because people who have moved here dont like it.

There is absolutely no excusing it IMO, after all, if I went to another country (European, Asian, Australia etc) and kicked up a fuss about them blatantly supporting their Rugby Team or celebrating a traditional holiday or event then I'm 99.9% sure that I'd swiftly be told to live with it or fuck off home if I didn't like it.

If people are going to move here, thats fine if they can bring a meaningful value to the UK. In the same way the Australians filter out shite applications for residency, the Aussies even refused a boatload of Asians entry to the country when their boat was sinking on the coastline of Australia because they feared that once on Australian land they'd scarper and become untraceable!!

Another thing that frustrates me is when the people coming over to the UK expect us to fall in with their traditions and culture but aren't prepared to live with ours. End of the day, if you come over here, you're going to get housed and fed money to live (which is bad enough IMO) but to try and turn it into a copy of the country you've just left without the terrible living conditions, war etc is just taking things too far.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 23-10-2009, 10:36 AM
.Ross.

No they arent taxed in the way they would be if we started to increase tax on imports.
Costs 42 million pre day to be in the EU .. And we dont share a common currency ....

Yes they are, and FAR more would go under griffin
Maybe? Maybe Not ..

And who ever said about Isolation?

Well not Nick griffin thats for sure mate, as im sure he hasnt actually thought any of his hate filled economic policies through, they are all based on racial hatred not on any sort of understanding of the economy.
Racial Hatred you say? I dont get that one?

Thats the way you think it would work out .. You can still pull out of Europe and trade .. Plenty of Non EU country do this .. Same with the states ..

You cant trade as easily as you can currently, and our exports are already struggling, the last thing they need is crippling even further by foreign reactions to crap policies by the government.
You can trade other way tho .. Not restricted to what the EU states? Can be of benefit ...

It wouldnt, not in a few decades and not in a few centuries, we simply dont have the natural resources needed to be self sufficient in a modern society.
Well if you aint got a Crystal ball then maybe it will ... We have lots of Natural resources .. More than people would think.

Some Valid points there but still .. Could go either way IMO ..
Old 23-10-2009, 10:36 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by RS Grant
I completely disagree with things like Nativity Plays being banned and not being able to fly the flag of your nation to show your support for your national team because people who have moved here dont like it.
Seperate the two, they are NOT the same!

Practicing religion has no place in a modern mainstream school (education about religion does, practicing it doesnt), national pride DOES however deserve practicing, and the flag should be flown from every school flagpole!
Old 23-10-2009, 10:37 AM
RANJ
BANNED
BANNED

ive never had problems flying the england flag, infact i do and im english with indian family when england play etc. (apart from F1 when ive always been a ferrari boy)
Old 23-10-2009, 10:41 AM
Chip

We have lots of Natural resources .. More than people would think.
The main resource the BHP are tapping into is stupidity, and we certainly have LOTS of that, both homegrown and imported
Old 23-10-2009, 10:44 AM
.Ross.

The main resource the BHP are tapping into is stupidity, and we certainly have LOTS of that, both homegrown and imported
Only 6% tho ... the other 94% voted for the LAB-LIB-CONmen so they have there work cut out
Old 23-10-2009, 10:45 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Practicing religion has no place in a modern mainstream school (education about religion does, practicing it doesnt), national pride DOES however deserve practicing, and the flag should be flown from every school flagpole!
Unfortunately soooo many schools are Church funded it's pretty much impossible to escape from it. All the schools in our catchment area are church schools so my daughter attends one. We've told her the religion stuff is all a big story that some people believe is true, and some don't. She even gave her bible back when they were handing them out as gifts!
Old 23-10-2009, 10:46 AM
Chip

Only 6% tho ... the other 94% voted for the LAB-LIB-CONmen so they have there work cut out
6%?

They didnt get 6% of the vote, they got about 1% in the last election.

Unless you are talking about the london major elections where they had about 5% or so, but thats not really anything of any consequence and is a nice safe place to register a protest vote.
Old 23-10-2009, 10:48 AM
Chip

Unfortunately soooo many schools are Church funded it's pretty much impossible to escape from it. All the schools in our catchment area are church schools so my daughter attends one. We've told her the religion stuff is all a big story that some people believe is true, and some don't. She even gave her bible back when they were handing them out as gifts!
The government needs to stop taking the easy option with allowing schools to be funded as part of an attempt for religions to brainwash the students into a partciular set of beliefs.
That applies to muslim schools or christian schools, its just wrong, children are at school to learn facts and become broadly educated, not to be indoctrinated and brainwashed.

Nativity plays are of course the fun and largely harmless face of this and not really a big deal, but sadly they dont really make sense once you remove the other bollocks, so Im quite happy to sacrifice them in exchange for the greater good.
Old 23-10-2009, 10:49 AM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Seperate the two, they are NOT the same!

I agree that education of religion should be kept in mainstream schools, I dont mean just Christianity either, because if parents aren't happy with the mixed religious teaching then there are dedicated schools for whatever faith you support... which will teach the singular religious beliefs of that faith.

I do disagree about the Nativity Play thing in mainstream schools though, if anything, I would prefer to have more 'events' to help kids understand the different religions... Nativity Play for Christianity, an equivalent celebration for other faiths (afraid I have no idea what this would be?! ) which might go some way towards removing the confusion about these different beliefs. Typically, people dont like what they don't understand, so if we educate todays/tomorrows children then eventually it might become a happier place to live.

Thats possibly a bit waffly and completely outwith the ability of the available resources but I think something like that could work. Instead of trying to fight against new ideas, changes and wishing they were removed (which will never happen), I think we should be trying to live with it and adapt so that everyone gets a fair hearing and the majority of the population are happy.

I think I've just described the perfect situation which I think we'll struggle to achieve.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 23-10-2009, 10:51 AM
.Ross.

6%?

They didnt get 6% of the vote, they got about 1% in the last election.

Unless you are talking about the london major elections where they had about 5% or so, but thats not really anything of any consequence and is a nice safe place to register a protest vote.
Said on the News they have an overall 6% (Must have been 9% as the news dont like to spread good news) .. Now this isnt the whole population as voters stayed away this time ..

Maybe a protest Vote? Maybe not .. Maybe people are just sick of the Political elite .. Who else to Vote for MMM .. The greens? (Well theres petrol Fooked) UKIP They wanna pull out of Europe or so they say.

I rekon people are willing to give the BNP a try ...

Quick Reply: bnp on the tv