General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

[Lets Talk] Birth To present day. Your Highs and Lows...

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 11:32 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts
Default [Lets Talk] Birth To present day. Your Highs and Lows...

Radders topic about 2006 and how its been for you got me thinking about life and ratling out a few things on teh keyboard, so how has life been for you so far? More lows than highs? More highs than lows?

Any Key events stick out in your mind? Any Breakthroughs?

Let's hear them, it could give us a nice insight into poeples actual real life characters behind the internet username. I will start the ball rolling...

-----------------------
Looking back, from being 15yrs old back in 1987 up to a few years ago, life was pretty poor in one way and another and my outlook on life was bleak at best...

Lots of massive lows are still extremely strong in my memory such as being homeless for just under a year at 15, living on the streets of Blackpool & fighting a quite serious drug addiction...

Losing my father just 2 under weeks after making peace with him after years of arguing. I moved back home 2 weeks before my 16th birthday, drug free and happy for 12 days then bang, all over again. Happy 16th Stu

Losing 90% of my family in teh next 2 years numbed my mind so i no longer care about death and just see it as something that happens to anyone i love...

89-99
Met a girl and lived together for the next 10 years and had 2 great kids, went from colleges to jobs etc, life was boring but productive and we did ok... My Outlook on life always pretty poor though, largely feeling sad and low all teh time, although at teh time i thought it was me that felt normal... everyone else was too jolly for no good reason IMO.

Mid 99
Finding that girl of 10yrs was shagging a very good mate and had been doing for ages was not the highlight of 1999 it has to be said... bang goes a house and 2 kids. Doh

Single and misserable for a while....

Late 99:Met Nicole in very Late 99 at a cruise...
Struggling with starting MSD with Kenny early 2000, all going well, but outlook on life still bleak, always feel low... Nicole keeps trying patiently to help improve my outlook on life, trying hard to convince me i was doing ok and should be cheerfull and positive... Finally she managed to convince me to seek professional help and that feeling low is NOT normal.

Nicole putting up with my mood swings and temper was so hard for her, shes an angel, especially as she has been struggling for years with some demons all of her own which arent really my place to recite, but she may well come along and tell you herself.

My Birthday 2004.
Nicoles Horse, Paddington, was put to sleep due to illness whilst we held him. Totally devastating to Nicole more than i, but still a major upsetting event that has put me off ever getting close to an animal of that size again. I dont ever want to see that again if possible.

Early 2006...
Finally a Breakthrough. I found out i have a serious intollerance to Caffeine and have had all my life. Cut it out totally and wow.. what a difference it has made to my life!!

I still have a few intollerances to other things i wasnt aware of and still slowly testing and finding results every week.. sugar and beef are high on the list, as is cheese... Its amazing how we intelligent humans can poison ourselves with things we are convinced we actually love.

Mid 2006 I even got a job writing every month for Fast Ford magazine, something i have always wanted to do from quite an early age, so things are on the up there too. i have even taken on a touch typing course at college to speed things up, and im confident on passing the exam with at least a silver pass next monday. Fabulous.

My outlook is now "almost" 100% POSITIVE and i cant fooking wait for 2007 and its various challenges. Bring it on.

P.S:
Apologies to anyone i have offended or upset prior to early 2006, it was probably my demons talking to you and i wasnt aware i was being short or rude.

It happens less and less now as my bodys chemistry slowly gets back to normal... I was drinking around 20 cups of coffe or Tea a day at one time, not to mention all teh cokes and redbulls when driving or out somewhere. Madness, i was totally overdosed on a drug that was destroying my mind and life. Moronic.

P.P.S:
Thanks Nicole, my happiness this year is pretty much all down to you babes. Love ya.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:43 AM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

i found that interesting to read,, glad your on the up side of life now stu
Old 11-12-2006, 11:52 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Thanks Gareth, ive edited it a lot since i wrote it, now time to tell us your story mate.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:55 AM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

i gota go to work now,,so can only write something short, and mostly boring

from birth till i was about 15, i was very quite as i didn't want to bring any trouble home to my parents as my brother was a little wanker in his teens, steeling cars, school dropout, always being arrested! we find out that my brother has some bi-polor condition which he still deals with but hes very on the up (btw they say it was induced or brought out on his though smoking weed) so mostly i just stayed in and tried to be a good chap!

16-till present day stuck in a job i don't really enjoy, as an electrical mechanical engineer, but i has given me some skills and knowledge to be able to learn in depth my true hobby cars!

been with my girlfriend jade since i was 18 and shes been great to me! she hasn't had the easiest of life's so its really nice to be there for her when i can ! don't really wanna talk about her troubles but they aint nice at all
Old 11-12-2006, 12:00 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cant compete with that stu,,,,, but then i aint comfortable talking about my negatives and tend to ignore em and use em to make me stronger and learn from them

but saying that,,,, ive been fortunate enough to have more positives than negatives,,,,,, maybe its cause i tend to look at bad things happen to allow me to appriciate good things

glad you got a good girl who looks after you,,,, women if you find a good one do alot for your sanity

though it is a shame that theres soo many wrong ones about who seem to screw my mates over,,,,, but then theres mates who also screw people over

lets make 2007 a good year and work hard to get the rewards,,,, thats my veiw anyway
Old 11-12-2006, 12:05 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My life seems very dull and not worth talking about compared to yours Stu.

If anyone ever needed proof that some drug addict piece of scum kid living on the street at 15 who is a total waste of space (how most people would have viewed you) might actually manage to turn things round one day though, I will give them your number, definately goes to show that real strength of character will shine through no matter what.

Glad to hear your outlook is so positive now mate
Old 11-12-2006, 12:10 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by chip-3door
My life seems very dull and not worth talking about compared to yours Stu.

If anyone ever needed proof that some drug addict piece of scum kid living on the street at 15 who is a total waste of space (how most people would have viewed you) might actually manage to turn things round one day though, I will give them your number, definately goes to show that real strength of character will shine through no matter what.

Glad to hear your outlook is so positive now mate

that sounds like a nice description of stu

gotta be said he def dont look like a former junkie,,,,,, shows that we should try to help others who DO want help rather than condem them !!!
Old 11-12-2006, 12:13 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Ginge, your not wrong pal, your not wrong.

Chip, yes that was me mate, 100% sadly, but in some ways i wouldnt change a thing, as i can honestly say ive been there and done it, and it gives me a tad more power to protect my children and friends as the dark things they are tempted by i have allready succumbed to, tried, lived the life and ultimately beaten and given up.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:16 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by Stu @ M Developments
Ginge, your not wrong pal, your not wrong.

Chip, yes that was me mate, 100% sadly, but in some ways i wouldnt change a thing, as i can honestly say ive been there and done it, and it gives me a tad more power to protect my children and friends as the dark things they are tempted by i have allready succumbed to, tried, lived the life and ultimately beaten and given up.
Originally Posted by Just about everyone's granny at some point or other
What doesnt kill you makes your stronger
Old 11-12-2006, 12:16 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

next you will be giving up beer and dance music stu

then the TV will be gone,,,,, then,,,,,,,,,,,, YOU WILL BE APOSED TO THE WASTED USE OF FOSSIL FUELS

your gonna turn into a grumpy old man i can see it
Old 11-12-2006, 12:20 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

"Just about everyone's granny at some point or other"]
What doesnt kill you makes your stronger

ironic that my missus nan ALWAYS refers to that,,, she can hardly talk due to her lung problems she gained from smoking aged 14

she also has a go about us binge drinking,,,,,,, try taking advice like that from a person with a tube wrapped round her head and the lead long enough to allow her to stroll round her house ,,,,,, irony or what
Old 11-12-2006, 12:25 PM
Jade1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good read Stu

when i was born, my mum left my dad.

my mum got engaged, and then broke up with him, dated a couple of other guys,
1997-mum got with the biggest twat on the earth and made the worst mistake of marrying him. I never liked to be around him so i always stayed at my nans. Found out he was stealing money from us and a druggie....

2001-mum left him, mum advertised for a lodger as we was badly skint,

2004- nan got diagnosed with stomach cancer i went a bit loopy because of it, constantly drinking, smoking weed, smoking in general, bunking off- this was when i was 14

2005- Nan died tried getting all sorts of help and nothing worked

aug 2005- mum got married to the lodger from 2001

2006- met rob through passionford, happiest i've been in a long long time. Picked myself up just before my GCSE's but left it a bit too late

Octobert 2006- get a job as a office administrator and i finally feel something to be proud of
Old 11-12-2006, 12:26 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

my life before 1991 is just a fleeting memory
i know i was a bad lad and i know i used to get into loads of trouble and i know i was the biggest pain in the arse you could ever meet, it wasn't just nasty though, think of stewie from family gay always trying to get one up on everyone else
theyput it down to be too clever (iq or 162 at age 10 or 11) and having a younger sibling who was always in and out of hospital

1990, things looked on the up as i got rid of all the things that were dragging me down (bad friends) and passed my test, got a job, appreticeship with BMW, college, girlfriend etc etc

1991, got smashed to absolutly smithereens in a car accident, spent 15 months in and out of hospital, broke most of the bones on my right hand side, right heel, right ankle, both knees, right leg upper, right hip, tail bone, 8th vertebrae up the back, right shoulder blade, right shoulder, right collar bone, right elbow and 3 fingers in my hand plus 27 fractures to my skull
the bleeding my brain suffered as it was hemoraging meant they shoped my head open to releave the pressure (which is why i wear a hat in case you were wondering deformed head plus 7 inch scar in the right light don't look to good)
on life support, docrots said i would never make a recovery, folks were going to switch off the machine, my brother said not to, 10 days as a potato, came out of the coma, put into induced coma for 3 months, couldn't move for about another 3 weeks, couldn't feel my legs for another few months, wheelchair bound till mid 92 when i regained feeling in my legs
and after that there was no stopping me

and then it was all about spending the benjamins got a mahoosive payout for the accident and bought a 3 door, spent shit loads of money on it and then watched it burn in front of my eyes in my back garden when an injector stuck oen and put neat fuel down the inlet and into the exhaust

ran around with nothng for a few months, until i got the saph, which was cool for 2 years before i stacked it into the armco on a country lane doing nearly twice the limit hyper extended my left knee (bent it backwards) but was lucky to limp away from that with only 2 wheels lef tin the armco rather than half the car

1997 ended with some luck as i got a good payout and bought the estate

1999 saw me join airbus and drove nice buses around london and heathrow

2000 boguht out by a rival and shipped back to shitty bus driving for normal folks, sacked after failing a medical ebcause of my broken back

joined the agency to find a driving job and now i'm depot supervisor but more on that later

2003 got married in surprise visit to india

2004 got off to a terrible start with the news that my mrs had had a miscarriage, stil shed a tear about that even thinking about it now, it's hard to see your unborn child lying in the bottom of a toilet bowl.............ok, enough

2005 came and went, and then we get to 2006 and the good news that my wife was expecting again
youn juinor popped into the world 15 days late but on valentines day (so plenty of cards for the young romeo ) and things have never been better

midway through the year i was told that my boss had been let go and i was to take his place so even better news

the tail end of the year has not been so good, kidney stones have ruined my life for the past month and look like they are going to ruin it for the next few weeks to, but roll on 2007 bceause transformers the movie is coming out an thats the next big milestone for me
Old 11-12-2006, 12:28 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

STU glad things are looking up

keep up the good work and MERRY XMAS
Old 11-12-2006, 12:33 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

ive had a simular journey stu and finding out that im autistic after 36 years of life this is still sinkin in plus the fact ive passed it on to my son to through the levis as such
Old 11-12-2006, 01:07 PM
Arfur
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Reading stuff like this makes me feel guilty for being such a miserable cunt all the time and be thankful for what I've got.
Old 11-12-2006, 01:17 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Simon@FF
Reading stuff like this makes me feel guilty for being such a miserable cunt all the time and be thankful for what I've got.
thing is simon everyone has a different outlook on life some people get upset more than others depressed over thing that other see as nothin its just the way life is i recon
Old 11-12-2006, 01:33 PM
badboy rs
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

well done to you stu, it just shows how much you have improved and how strong you have remained all those years. as said above if it doesnt kill you , it will make you stronger.

now about my life, as i've only just turned 21, havent experienced alot of things and problems yet. since i was a kid, always been a type to listen to parents and teachers and taking their advice seriously.
when i was 17 and back in sixth form, i started goin out with one of the girls from school.
things where going well till i managed to loose my license and get banned from driving for speeding after a year. two weeks after i got caught i blew the engine on my s2 as well which didn't help things. trying to cope with all these prolems started messing things up between me and my gf and some cunt from school that was always after my gf managed to steal her off me.
at this point i was really down and depressed but with the help of my dad and my mates i managed to get the car sorted again and after my ban was over, did my driving test again and and passed first time.

with loads of support from my family i'm doing my first year in uni studyin automotive engineering which seems to be goin well
Old 11-12-2006, 01:37 PM
Dave Henshall
PassionFord Post Whore!!

jesus - its amazing what some people go though and you wouldn't know at all having met you stu.

isn't it funny though when you are younger you think of disfunction and things going bad (=LIFE) as being abnormal, and then you get to a certain age when you realise that in fact people who have never been though any sh1t or had to cope with godawful things happeneing all around them are the abnormal ones as life is life and does stink at times - some times more than others for some people admitidly.

lookin forward to 2007 though, im getting married to the girl i love and have been with on and off for the last 10 years
Old 11-12-2006, 01:44 PM
Treen
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by Dave Henshall

lookin forward to 2006 though, im getting married to the girl i love and have been with on and off for the last 10 years
Isn't it the bride thats meant to be late?
Old 11-12-2006, 01:48 PM
Neil@FastFord
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Good read!

I was a bit of "Rum 'um" for quite a while, shaggin round allover and riskin jail for various things. I had a good family but i just wanted to get into things you shouldnt. But a few events made me change my ways and im totally straight and narrow and very happy. If i get chance i do a proper one myself later
Old 11-12-2006, 01:48 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thats a fair old roller coaster Stu and fair play to you being a real battler

Got to say Dojj...BLOODY HELL! You havent half been through the wars also! Enjoy life mate
Old 11-12-2006, 01:50 PM
dojj

foor over your head, fruitful lions, wife to warm the bed

what more could a man want
Old 11-12-2006, 01:54 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by dojj
roll on 2007 bceause transformers the movie is coming out an thats the next big milestone for me

Fooking PMSL @ that bit but im not really sure why, i think its just that after reading such an exciting tail of near misses and tragedy etc, it just seems like watching a moving cant really be much of a big deal i guess.
Old 11-12-2006, 01:55 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

foor over your head, fruitful lions, wife to warm the bed

what more could a man want
im sure he wouldnt mind a few million in the bank and a contract for ferrari
Old 11-12-2006, 01:57 PM
Sticky.
20K+ Super Poster.

Great read......

You think you have problems till you hear other peoples. Thought i was having a bad time but as long as im breathing & got my health im happy.
Old 11-12-2006, 02:01 PM
seveneigths
Advanced PassionFord User

All i can say is that "I hope 2007 is better than the last 18 months" cos it's been shitty to me and my family so roll on 2007 i will be looking positive this year
Old 11-12-2006, 02:39 PM
*Anna*
PassionFord Post Whore!!

2004 got off to a terrible start with the news that my mrs had had a miscarriage, stil shed a tear about that even thinking about it now, it's hard to see your unborn child lying in the bottom of a toilet bowl.............ok, enough
I feel for you both there hun, I think out of everything in life this was the hardest thing to deal with and having to tell the nearly Father to be but he was good and made me smile through it.

I started to write my story but got emotional and i'm going through a few things at the moment and can't start talking about one thng without jumping to something else and then back again. My brain is like Mash potato at the moment. and there is a part of my brain that has blocked out a huge part of my life. I'll get there just like everyone else.

Well done Stu. Fine one to talk I know but the more you talk about it the better it feels then you can work on it. I just need to think about what I actually want then I will be better.
Old 11-12-2006, 02:44 PM
James
PassionFord Post Whore!!

wow, some of you have had a right time of it!

being 20 i've not had much going on really, i'm one of the good boys aswell, always went to school, never in trouble with the police etc etc, left school at 16 with no qualifications as i just wasn't interested at all cos all i wanted to do and have done since i was about 8 was be a mechanic.. Soo in 2002 i went to work at a local garage and went to college, passed my apprenticeship all was fine. A few grumbles with work with differen't new managers etc etc and in the end decided time for a change, now working as a mechanic for a ford dealer but think i want to jack it in and be a policeman now but it's gonna be quite a big change if i do go for it and think i'm the kinda person who does like change. On the other hand do i stay being bored as a mechanic or go and try something interesting, not sure, prehaps a poll thread is required in the new-year.

thats as exciting as it gets for me really, my father left when i was young, and i'm a only child of a only child so theres no other family around, the only famil there is left is me grans brothers/sisters/they're kids which alll live in the london area mostly therefore we don't really see eachother from decade to decade. no girlfriend either but thats another story..
Old 11-12-2006, 02:48 PM
Dan Cossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Well Born in 1984- Parents split after me being 6 months old….and father deciding he didn’t want anything to do with me so when my mum met someone he asked if he wanted to adopt me as he didn’t want me……so my new father was found.

1984 + few years

Don’t really remember much apart from moving house a few times…

My mum and Dad split after a few years and when they split I didn’t see much of him.later I found out that he had 4 nervous breakdowns and he has now got Bi-Polar Disorder…and has his book published and in the shops December 15th….So proud of him for it…

School life wasn’t great for me as I was quite an angry kid and had a very nasty temper (all will be revieled shortly)….because of this other kids played on it and had shit at Junior and Senior School

When I went to college all seemed to turn out a lot better, met new people and finally admitted to myself that I was gay and had to deal with it….Came out to a couple of close friends as was worried of the backlash, so still kept it bottled up inside..

When I left college I stayed friends with people from school etc and decided as I had known them for so long I told them all I was gay at our football presentation evening, after everyone thinking it was a joke and finally seein I was serious they all were superb about it and have had no problems since, also I must say that it lifted a great weight of my shoulders and I was no longer an angry person and am very chilled and mellow now.

2003 I found a superb job in recruitment and not looked back. Earn great money, live in a 5 bed house in a great area,

So I must say I have had some great highs and also some very low periods but at the end of the day I have turned out well… And my old moto of Everything Happens for a reason I think is a very true statement
Old 11-12-2006, 03:07 PM
dojj

roll on 2007 bceause transformers the movie is coming out an thats the next big milestone for me

Fooking PMSL @ that bit but im not really sure why, i think its just that after reading such an exciting tail of near misses and tragedy etc, it just seems like watching a moving cant really be much of a big deal i guess.
i don't think of it as a question of what i've got, or what i haven't got, or even of all the missed opportunites, it's about living life for the now and for the future dojj family, and if that makes me a boring old fart for getting old in a hurry, i don't mind spending the rest of my life playing father to my baby you look forward to things and if it's a dissapointment or a resounding success or somewhere in the middle, i just think of it as something i've done and then move on

ginge, see above answer i earn a comfortable wage, and after the spending if i've got not alot left i'm not the sort to wish for more, thats just greedy, won't stop me doing the lotto stuff, but thats just an idiot tax

anna

hard as it was for me, i know it was even harder for my mrs, and not being one to get all emotional (i cried when optimus prime died in tf:tm gor god sake ) i just thought it was best not to fall to bits and be there to support the mrs through what she was going through
these things happen and if you take the "1 in 7" view to it, you find out that there are loads and loads of people who have been through similar experiences, never has it been so good to talk about stuff

i'm also one of these guys who just has to learn about stuff, so i spent ages on the internet just looking up stuff about it, i told myself it was so that i could reasure amy if she asked me about it, but deep down i know it was to try and bury my guilt

it doens't make me love my son any more or any less just ebacuse he's second born, but there is always going to be a card on the 2nd of january and the 28th of june for number one child

started off as a happy post, then it's turned into a sad post, and now it's a teary smily post
Old 11-12-2006, 03:21 PM
Mrs T
Super Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ive been lucky so far ive not really had that bad a life,

main things are

around 97 my mum and dad broke up after 27 years mucked me up a bit due to him having a affair and seeing how it affected my mum,was horrible to see her going through that

around this time got together with currant bf he helped me through it been together ever since,

started tryin for baby nothing happened then went doc's found out i had few problems which needed help

last year had my first cycle off ivf didnt work not a nice thing and it messed me up for a long time and i didnt know which was worse cause i couldnt sort myself out

finally after sorting myself out we tried again and dontated my eggs to someone else luckly this time it worked finally expecting first baby next april

so really ive been lucky compared to other's
Old 11-12-2006, 03:30 PM
*Anna*
PassionFord Post Whore!!

But you have kept looking on the bright side T and everyone especially the Ladies room have seen you go through lots and so very very happy that it has all worked out for you both, onwards and upwards babe and looking forward to the baby album too.

i cried when optimus prime died in tf:tm gor god sake. Ewwww!!! But so true. I will start talking soon, just need to sort a few things out off here first.

It will turn to a happy post again soon, they always do.
Old 11-12-2006, 03:43 PM
AlexF
10K+ Poster!!

hmmm I feel guilty for reading other peoples stories and feeling unwilling to share my own now

Old 11-12-2006, 03:44 PM
Dan Cossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by AlexF
hmmm I feel guilty for reading other peoples stories and feeling unwilling to share my own now

No worries mate some people feel better talking and some dont
Old 11-12-2006, 04:21 PM
Anonymous
Banned

I feel the same, but the main reason for me not doing so is that my own life has been greatly effected by some things very personal to people around me and its not fair on them to reveal those personal details, and pointless trying to describe my experiences without doing so.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:51 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

I feel the same, but the main reason for me not doing so is that my own life has been greatly effected by some things very personal to people around me and its not fair on them to reveal those personal details, and pointless trying to describe my experiences without doing so.
this is my excuse as well
Old 11-12-2006, 04:56 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

i personally dont share stuff like that as its my way of moving on tbh,,,, hence why i find it easy to forget bad points in my life,,,,,, on the other post i forgot i had my cossie nicked and that was in august,,,,, but i find ways of putting stuff like that in the distant past,,,, dancossie know how upset i was when that happened but even thoughi dont joke about it i dont dwell on it,,,

my motto is got over it and next time try harder

but i have some fucked up demons i am ashamed of and will only tell people im close to,,,,, or if i see someone whos going through a bad time to help show them life is full of challenging times and its just a test to show who YOU really are inside
Old 11-12-2006, 05:13 PM
Anonymous
Banned

MattJ, if you move back home, rent your place out not sell it, then you are still on the ladder at least.

Quick Reply: [Lets Talk] Birth To present day. Your Highs and Lows...