General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

[Lets Talk] Birth To present day. Your Highs and Lows...

Search this Thread

Old 21-07-2009, 07:31 AM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

in the nature cycle of life mothers do the babies fathers teach how to hunt
Old 21-07-2009, 01:12 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kitchen Devil
Alright mate,

I have in the past wondered what it would've been like, but at the time when (when I was about 8) I didn't really understand what wouldve been best for me, I chose my dad because at the time, he was my best mate.

Now I'm a lot older, I realise that I probably made the right decision as, although she may have disagreed, I think my mum would have struggled with me due to her condition. I may also not have had the oppurtunities to do what I have been able to do.

Looking back, I really do wish I had spent more time with her and got to know her better but can't change the past.
We all have regrets.... Onwards and upwards mate. You had a big decision to make for an 8 year old.

Benni.
Old 21-07-2009, 01:28 PM
PeterD
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Can anyone post in this thread?

Only I've not posted in ages and I'm not sure anyone would be interested lol
Old 21-07-2009, 01:32 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by PeterD
Can anyone post in this thread?
Of course they can. I'm always interested.

Benni.
Old 21-07-2009, 01:36 PM
PeterD
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Benni
Of course they can. I'm always interested.

Benni.
I'll start typing when I get home then
Old 21-07-2009, 02:09 PM
pete26
Regular Contributor

How much of everyones stories wrote yrs ago are still the same, read a few from last year or later and wondered lol!
Old 21-07-2009, 02:43 PM
Mrs T
Super Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by pete26
How much of everyones stories wrote yrs ago are still the same, read a few from last year or later and wondered lol!
mine has changed a bit now got a little girl who was 2 in april, she is my world now, suffered from postnatal depression once i had her but i did go to doc's to get it sorted before got to bad, i left my ex when she was about 4 months, moved into my friends untill i had somewhere else to go was there about 6 weeks before i got a house,been in my house now nearly 2 years moved in with hardly anything and got given loads of stuff to fill it up, took me a long time to get things but i done it
and been on my own ever since i've never wanted her to grow up seeing me with different men coming in and out her life rather be on my own untill i feel what i got with someone is right and then they will met her untill then she wont see me with anyone,

in that time ive lost alot of weight found myself again and the person i wanna be now, found out who my mates were and who werent lost a few people i thought were friends but they were all fake wouldnt give them the time of day now there lose not mine,

finally got myself a nice little car what i love mk2 golf gti

been hard on my own but it was my choice to make myself a single mum but i know now i may not have everything i want or money to buy her things but as long as we happy we dont need anything else
Old 21-07-2009, 06:52 PM
natehall
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Mine:

7th March 1984.. Pulled out of the womb through a planned c-section. dont really remember much till my younger brother was born in 1988, with me aged 4.

My early years are just a blur of the odd memory and i guess were generally quite happy, had a mum and dad who loved me and food in me tummy and toys to play with, so I was happy.

When Dominic was born, he was diagnosed with a rare condition called sanfilippo, which causes a breakdown due to storage of a sugar or something thats not relevent to this, 10 months later with me aged 5, they thought there was a cure and I was the only match for his bonemarrow, I happily volunteered to donate my bone marrow for the first time to try and make dominic better, unfortunately the first donation did not take and so i donated it agan, age 7. The 2nd donation has prelonged his life but not took away any of the symptons as doctors originally thought.

I take great pride in my family, however my brothers condition was a weakness I have, and this caused bullying at school and lead me to spend quite a lot of lunchtimes outside the headmasters office. It was about this time I found computers and the a lifetime of intrigue as to how to make them do what i want started....

fast forward to 1995 now, with the bullying continuing as usual, and me about to go into high school my second brother was born, Oliver. Unfortunately he had the same condition as Dominic and as you can guess - the bullying doubled.

Through Dominic and Oliver I got to spend a lot of time in respite care in a local hospice called francic house. This place is a wonderful place full of love for all terminally ill children and families of said children, at this point it was a great place to go and play, not get bullied and generally enjoy life. as i grew older i spent my free time there fixing the bikes for them.

The bullying continued through high school, getting progressively worse until i was 14-15 and got with a group of friends - the first High of my life was an instance I remember feeling safe at school was when they all stood up for me, it was 7 of us against to two bullies and school changed from then. We werent a violent group but stood up for each other, this culminated late in year 10 when the "cock of the year" decided to pick on me and i hit him once - he went down like a sack of spuds.

Also throughought all of this there I have had a underlying medical condition which lead me to toe walk, I had had surgery at 7 to correct this through the lengthening of my tendons, unfortunately as i grew quickly at high school the tendons didnt, meaning i was toe walking again by the time i was 12. Through a very good professor I was diagnosed as having Charcot Marie Tooth, a non terminal condition which affects the nerves in the lower arms and legs. This was both one of my biggest lows, as I was officially disabled with serious problems, yet the biggest Highs of my life - I knew what was wrong with me. Also in 1998 I was put forward for recognition of the charity work i had been undertaking, and became a finalist in the Greater Manchester Young Citizen of the Year award - being the first person to be nominated by two seperate people for my work - my school tutor and my parents.

One of the advantages of my condition, was i got my provisional at 16, so i did what i could to get my license but i was not mature enough to revise for the theory test and failed it twice, this mixed in with the serious reconstructive surgery I was having on my feet and hands meant i let this lapse. at 17 I met Jen and was finally happy, I didnt know it at the time but she would become my wife 7 years later.

the next 3-4 years were a blur, college and the first two years of university, went out on a year in the IT industry working for one of the large banks in the country to gain experience and passed my driving test, bought my first car (The Saph Im restoring in my Sig) and life was generally going great, then my biggest low to date happened.

on the 8th December 2005, My youngest brother, aged 10 at the time died, and I was away at university - I had the long drive home to see him and my family, this was just 4 weeks before my final year exams. Through the snow of xmas I spent it working on my Saph, something my brother used to love watching me do - I converted it to a 2.0 twincam from a 1.8 CVH over these 3 weeks, something that took all of the guts and determination I had remaining...

I can honestly say, even though i dont mention just how Jen helped me through this, without her or the car to take my frustrations out on, I dont know what I would have done, this was absolutely rock bottom and I did no work for uni for about 3-4 months, leaving me just 3 weeks to my final finals and a years dissertation and software project to write, somehow I managed to get everything completed, and scraped a 2:2 degree (I was on course for a 1st)

after this I was exhausted, and basically dossed about for 4 months, with the exception of my graduation day, which i was happy to attend. After 4 months of dossing about i borrowed the money for car insurance, the cars MOT and somehow got it through its test. I applied for a lot of jobs, and got one in Search Engine optimisation.

Since then, We moved into our house in may 07, got married in may 08, and then got made redundant in dec 08 - so not to be kicked in the head whilst i was down on my luck again - I started my business and we are doing ok.

The last really good thing to happen to me, was Jen fell pregnant in march and We have the 20 week scan on thursday - may be a good xmas this year........

Baby is due on 8th December by most calculations we make....

please forgive the lowercase i's and other grammar mistakes
Old 21-07-2009, 07:44 PM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW! There really are some interesting lives on this board!
Old 21-07-2009, 08:39 PM
Mk1-stu
Patronus

Are we getting the 15yrs + from you Maria ?
Old 21-07-2009, 09:00 PM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

maybe one day! lol
Old 22-07-2009, 10:44 AM
Mk1-stu
Patronus

Today has been a very strange day. I am one of those people that don’t really get stressed, I merely side step it and ignore it – I don’t see the point in stressing about things I can’t change. The things I’m about to tell you folks isn’t the sort of thing you’ll find on my website.

On the 4’th March 2003, at 6.52am I got on a coach to London then on another coach – heading for Plymouth, to ‘start fresh’ and get away from some things that I wasn’t exactly proud of here in Essex.

I quickly established a tight friendship with one of my brothers mates ( I’d moved in with my bro & his girlfriend in case you hadn’t guessed ) and we used to ‘hang out’ a fair bit what with both of us being unemployed. One day in July 2003, we were on our way out of the swimming centre in Central Park when we happened to bump into his sister, her fella & their 6 month old daughter... This was one of those days that I wish I could change. Her boyfriend was a complete arsehole and I surprised myself in the interest I took in her. (I’m not going to put names) To cut a long story a bit shorter, her other half decided he’d join the army and off he went without so much as a good bye to her or their daughter... Within about 3 weeks I was round there nearly every day, helping her with stupid things like cutting the grass yadda yadda. August of 2003 we went out clubbing and she kissed me, one thing lead to another and I moved in a few days later.
I managed to secure a job doing groundwork with a landscaping team – one of the best paid jobs you can get down there that I was capable of doing, so I jumped at the chance and was soon the bread winner for the household, I was happier than I could have ever hoped for, although I was working 6 days a week which I think was probably the downfall of it all.. I literally burnt myself out, my work started lacking any enthusiasm and after 6 months the owner called me to one side and cut my hours to a 4 day week. I wasn’t used to not being at work for 3 days and she wasn’t used to me being at home.

One Saturday morning I got up early, so I decided to check my emails, switched on the pc and msn loaded automatically – without thinking about it I clicked on the emails bit and went to what I thought was my inbox... wrong.. What I saw devastated me, her inbox had an email from her ex – telling her he still loved her etc and that he was glad they’d hooked up during the week and that the sex was fantastic. I grabbed a few things that I knew I’d need and headed off, never looking back. Over the following few weeks, she blamed me for not being there enough, me for not noticing she was lonely and, well pretty much just blaming me for everything – I only worked those hours so I could save up and buy us a house, she couldn’t understand that. I ended up sleeping on my bro’s couch as he & his girlfriend by that point had a son. I quit my job and ended up on anti-depressants for 6 months.
I started doing one of those job center course things in August 2004 to help with confidence at job interviews etc and it was there I met my last ex. We got on like a house on fire, we started as fb’s for a while, then it progressed further and we were seeing each other every other day. When it started getting properly serious in late December 2004 I panicked and made some excuse’s as to why I couldn’t see her for a week. During that week I realised I didn’t miss her at all, I phoned her up just after Christmas, once I’d got back from seeing my family up here in Essex. We met up in town a few hours later, sat and talked it through and we mutually agreed that we obviously weren’t going anywhere.
As the conversation quietened down, she looked at me and I could see that there was something she wasn’t telling me – I asked her and she told me she thought she was pregnant.

September 2005 my son was born. I haven’t had a girlfriend since that day in January because I just feel guilty about it all and because I haven’t met any women that would be happy at the thought they’d never be #1 on my priorities list, my son is and always will be #1, I expect to be single for a fucking long time. I’ll skip all the other insignificant stuff because you’re probably bored or skipped on to another topic by now anyway.
So anyway, with all this bottled up and tucked off to the side being suitably ignored. I moved back to southend in 2007 after a failed attempt at moving to Birmingham and I’m still there now.

Bottling stuff up though apparently isn’t ignoring it or sidestepping round it as I’ve found out over the last few days, a few things have been happening that have made me quite emotional and it also made me start thinking, reading this thread is actually one of those things .
Anyway about 7.30am this morning at work, my keys fell out of my pocket, I picked them up and I stood looking at the picture of my son on my key ring, I could feel the old heart strings being pulled so I tucked my keys away again and got on with what I was doing – this was until I dropped my pen.. Yup, a 15p Biro. I went absolutely postal in the warehouse, I’m not talking a little bit, I’m talking 3’rd world apeshit kind of postal, literally throwing pallets about and completely trashed the place with tears streaming down my face while I was doing so... a 15p biro caused that.. So today has definitely been interesting, but since my mad session this morning I actually feel like a weight has been lifted. I don’t think I’ll be ignoring stuff anymore either, although I have no idea how I’ll deal with it.

Anyway, thanks for reading, I could have kept going for probably another 3 or 4 pages, but I don’t think we want that, do we folks. Lol.
Old 22-07-2009, 10:52 AM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Honey if it makes you feel better you type for as long as you need to!

no-one is going to judge you for it at all!

Its amzing hoe the slightest of things can make us flip..... its sometimes what ya need though!
Old 22-07-2009, 10:57 AM
Mk1-stu
Patronus

i did think about carrying on.. but i still haven't finished clearing up the warehouse again
Old 22-07-2009, 11:01 AM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Old 22-07-2009, 11:06 AM
Mike C
The Special One

Originally Posted by Mk1-stu
Are we getting the 15yrs + from you Maria ?

Yeah, how many installments are we gonna get?

Old 22-07-2009, 05:19 PM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Old 22-07-2009, 06:20 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by natehall
Mine:

7th March 1984.. Pulled out of the womb through a planned c-section. dont really remember much till my younger brother was born in 1988, with me aged 4.

My early years are just a blur of the odd memory and i guess were generally quite happy, had a mum and dad who loved me and food in me tummy and toys to play with, so I was happy.

When Dominic was born, he was diagnosed with a rare condition called sanfilippo, which causes a breakdown due to storage of a sugar or something thats not relevent to this, 10 months later with me aged 5, they thought there was a cure and I was the only match for his bonemarrow, I happily volunteered to donate my bone marrow for the first time to try and make dominic better, unfortunately the first donation did not take and so i donated it agan, age 7. The 2nd donation has prelonged his life but not took away any of the symptons as doctors originally thought.

I take great pride in my family, however my brothers condition was a weakness I have, and this caused bullying at school and lead me to spend quite a lot of lunchtimes outside the headmasters office. It was about this time I found computers and the a lifetime of intrigue as to how to make them do what i want started....

fast forward to 1995 now, with the bullying continuing as usual, and me about to go into high school my second brother was born, Oliver. Unfortunately he had the same condition as Dominic and as you can guess - the bullying doubled.

Through Dominic and Oliver I got to spend a lot of time in respite care in a local hospice called francic house. This place is a wonderful place full of love for all terminally ill children and families of said children, at this point it was a great place to go and play, not get bullied and generally enjoy life. as i grew older i spent my free time there fixing the bikes for them.

The bullying continued through high school, getting progressively worse until i was 14-15 and got with a group of friends - the first High of my life was an instance I remember feeling safe at school was when they all stood up for me, it was 7 of us against to two bullies and school changed from then. We werent a violent group but stood up for each other, this culminated late in year 10 when the "cock of the year" decided to pick on me and i hit him once - he went down like a sack of spuds.

Also throughought all of this there I have had a underlying medical condition which lead me to toe walk, I had had surgery at 7 to correct this through the lengthening of my tendons, unfortunately as i grew quickly at high school the tendons didnt, meaning i was toe walking again by the time i was 12. Through a very good professor I was diagnosed as having Charcot Marie Tooth, a non terminal condition which affects the nerves in the lower arms and legs. This was both one of my biggest lows, as I was officially disabled with serious problems, yet the biggest Highs of my life - I knew what was wrong with me. Also in 1998 I was put forward for recognition of the charity work i had been undertaking, and became a finalist in the Greater Manchester Young Citizen of the Year award - being the first person to be nominated by two seperate people for my work - my school tutor and my parents.

One of the advantages of my condition, was i got my provisional at 16, so i did what i could to get my license but i was not mature enough to revise for the theory test and failed it twice, this mixed in with the serious reconstructive surgery I was having on my feet and hands meant i let this lapse. at 17 I met Jen and was finally happy, I didnt know it at the time but she would become my wife 7 years later.

the next 3-4 years were a blur, college and the first two years of university, went out on a year in the IT industry working for one of the large banks in the country to gain experience and passed my driving test, bought my first car (The Saph Im restoring in my Sig) and life was generally going great, then my biggest low to date happened.

on the 8th December 2005, My youngest brother, aged 10 at the time died, and I was away at university - I had the long drive home to see him and my family, this was just 4 weeks before my final year exams. Through the snow of xmas I spent it working on my Saph, something my brother used to love watching me do - I converted it to a 2.0 twincam from a 1.8 CVH over these 3 weeks, something that took all of the guts and determination I had remaining...

I can honestly say, even though i dont mention just how Jen helped me through this, without her or the car to take my frustrations out on, I dont know what I would have done, this was absolutely rock bottom and I did no work for uni for about 3-4 months, leaving me just 3 weeks to my final finals and a years dissertation and software project to write, somehow I managed to get everything completed, and scraped a 2:2 degree (I was on course for a 1st)

after this I was exhausted, and basically dossed about for 4 months, with the exception of my graduation day, which i was happy to attend. After 4 months of dossing about i borrowed the money for car insurance, the cars MOT and somehow got it through its test. I applied for a lot of jobs, and got one in Search Engine optimisation.

Since then, We moved into our house in may 07, got married in may 08, and then got made redundant in dec 08 - so not to be kicked in the head whilst i was down on my luck again - I started my business and we are doing ok.

The last really good thing to happen to me, was Jen fell pregnant in march and We have the 20 week scan on thursday - may be a good xmas this year........

Baby is due on 8th December by most calculations we make....

please forgive the lowercase i's and other grammar mistakes

It is through reading things like this we realise how lucky alot of us are, l have alot of respect for your tenasity to carry on through and do what you are doing,

Mike
Old 22-07-2009, 06:22 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by ** T **
mine has changed a bit now got a little girl who was 2 in april, she is my world now, suffered from postnatal depression once i had her but i did go to doc's to get it sorted before got to bad, i left my ex when she was about 4 months, moved into my friends untill i had somewhere else to go was there about 6 weeks before i got a house,been in my house now nearly 2 years moved in with hardly anything and got given loads of stuff to fill it up, took me a long time to get things but i done it
and been on my own ever since i've never wanted her to grow up seeing me with different men coming in and out her life rather be on my own untill i feel what i got with someone is right and then they will met her untill then she wont see me with anyone,

in that time ive lost alot of weight found myself again and the person i wanna be now, found out who my mates were and who werent lost a few people i thought were friends but they were all fake wouldnt give them the time of day now there lose not mine,

finally got myself a nice little car what i love mk2 golf gti

been hard on my own but it was my choice to make myself a single mum but i know now i may not have everything i want or money to buy her things but as long as we happy we dont need anything else
Her happiness and your happiness is all that should matter, when l see my niece so makes me smile constantly and knowing she is happy and healty is great,
Old 26-07-2009, 05:35 PM
twoblacklines
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mk1-stu
I haven’t had a girlfriend since that day in January because I just feel guilty about it all and because I haven’t met any women that would be happy at the thought they’d never be #1 on my priorities list, my son is and always will be #1, I expect to be single for a fucking long time.
This might seem a bit wierd but try www.plentyoffish.com

Ive met a few women on there that turn out to be nutcases but Im not overly confident.

But my mate matt also has a kid and has met loads of women on there either for sex or a few hes been in relationships with, he gets bored easily though hence why hes not with the same girl.

But try it, be honest and give it ago
Old 26-07-2009, 06:04 PM
twoblacklines

Firefox doesnt want to let me quote, so i wont, but Maria, sorry to hear about your past there, makes me appreciate my parents a bit more, and also the fact that a 5 year term in my life screwed me up even now, so maybe its not as bad as I think and I should move on ? I think my story is back there somewhere, cant remember.
Old 26-07-2009, 06:08 PM
Mk1-stu
Patronus

Originally Posted by twoblacklines
This might seem a bit wierd but try www.plentyoffish.com

Ive met a few women on there that turn out to be nutcases but Im not overly confident.

But my mate matt also has a kid and has met loads of women on there either for sex or a few hes been in relationships with, he gets bored easily though hence why hes not with the same girl.

But try it, be honest and give it ago
already on there.. and flirtbox and.. i think you get the point. Thanks for the thought though
Old 27-07-2009, 10:43 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

I have enjoyed my life so far lol.I had loads of friends when i was younger,i got picked on/bullied when i was about 13.In the end i had a fight with the bully and i kicked his arse.I went to school the next day and seen him and his face was a right mess.I only had a cut lip.I left school when i was 16 went straight into a YT mechanic job for 2 years.In the that time on weekends i used to go into town and get pissd at the age of 16 lol.I also met this girl which i was seeing for about 2 years.I lost my virginity to her,god what an ugly coont she was.It ended with her cheating on me.

I ended up on the dowl for 6 months then i started at this back street garage which i was there for about 2 years which i hated.I met this other girl who was ok not the nicest looking girl in the world.I started to take a bit of wizz on saturday nights.When me and my mates started going to this club which was good back min the day.I was with this girl for 2 years and she cheated on me twice.

The back street garage that i worked at,well i left there and took them to a court cause they werent paying me properly.

I started to work at a Reg Vardy garage which.I still went out with all my mates on weekends and started getting right into the clubbing scene.I started to take pills.which was the best head fook i had ever had,I loved taking them until one weekend when i was at a club with a few mates i had a bad do on the pills and i thought i was gonna die.In this time of my life i had a few women and i used to just use on lass just for sex.She was a right dirty cow lol.What i didnt know at the time that 2 of my other mates were having sex with her too.

I met this woman called Hayley.She turned out to be a right nutter.She would never go to her mams house hse just wanted to be with me all the time.Her mam used to work nights and come back home in the morning at about 6ish.We used to sleep at her mams house and at about 5.45 i used to wake up and wait for a mam to come home.Her mam used to always look in Hayleys bedroom to make sure she was on her own.I used to hide behind the door so that she couldnt see me lol.Then i used to sneek out of the house on the morning then walk round the corner to where i would park my car then go to work.

To cut a long story short we got a flat together and she started tom work in a kiddes nursery.She got on with the boss really well and she had an affair with him.I just moved back to my mams house.

I met a lass called Zoe who was ok when i got with her she was sex mad and i just got a bit bored with her.I was still going out to the big well known clubs i took a few pills every now and then but i was so scared that i was gonna have a bad do agsin i just stopped taking them in the end.

I was still with Zoe at this time in my life and we went to our local pub for one of our freinds birthdays.This is where Ruth came into my life.It might sound a bit cheesey but as soon as i seen Ruth i just wanted to be with me.She sat opisite me in the pub and we just taked to each other all night when Zoe was sat in the corner.

Me and my mates were in another local pub before we were going out clubbing.On the same day i was putting a new radio in my car and i slipped with a screwdriver and cut my finger so i had it rapped up.We were in the pub and Ruth walked in with a few of our other friends.I got talking to her again and she asked me what i did to my finger and said that it really hurts.Ruth grabbed my finger and said does that hurt.I jumped up and shouted ahh you bastard lol.At the same time Ruth and our other friends taxi had come so Ruth felt really bad and was saying sorry all the time before she left.Then we were on the way to Newcastle and i got this text which was of Ruth saying how sorry she was.I was just texting her all night

I took her out a few times and we just got on so well and i just loved being with her.I thought to myself that in gonna have to finish with Zoe cause i just wanted to be with ruth so much.

5 years down the road and ive got everything i wanted.Ive got a lovely house 2 cars 1 which is my cossie and a lovely wife.Ruth is like my best friend and i am so happy.We got married last year in june,i have done some mad shit in my life like going to car shows going out clubbing,taking drugs.I can safely say our weddind day has been the best day of my life so far.

Sorry if ive bored you all lol.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:58 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Good post Glenn, well done on finding Ruth.

I dont know why this topic died so BTTT.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:40 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

very interesting read going to read it all when i get home!pleased for you glenn
Old 23-08-2010, 01:39 PM
twoblacklines

To add to my post :

Lately i have given up drinking, since new years eve. I havent really felt depressed ever since, i have been dating women and not been depressed when its all gone wrong, just learning from it, having lots of fun with photography and generally having fun!

I would be happier if i had access to see some nice cars such as porsches, but thats down to my location (cornwall) and i plan to move at some point