General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Latest MAD engine dyno graphs and figures!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 10:51 AM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont why everyones worrys about surge anyhow, just buy some more boost here...

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main...products_id=39

Old 02-02-2006, 10:52 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by fiesta cossie
i know, but it read like it.
apologies to Mark if that was the case, wasnt my intention to come across that way.

Daft thing is, knowing how well marks engines are reputed normally to work, if it had the extra figures it would probably seem MORE impressive anyway!
Old 02-02-2006, 11:03 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it ISN'T impressive, it's just by posting up the accelerated runs, it makes it IMPOSSIBLE to compare to other dyno figures that aren't obtained in this way.
part pooper again!!!!!!

Why is it always me that can read graphs & not you Mike.

Please read the figures sheet & you will see its a Manual run graph & not an acclerated one, come on Mike stop clutching at straws.
Rod
Old 02-02-2006, 11:05 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by MADRod
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it ISN'T impressive, it's just by posting up the accelerated runs, it makes it IMPOSSIBLE to compare to other dyno figures that aren't obtained in this way.
part pooper again!!!!!!

Please read the figures sheet & you will see its a Manual run graph & not an acclerated one, come on Mike stop clutching at straws.
Rod

That doesnt change the fact that no environmental information is given though Rod, so its useless to compare against anything, you should know that, you were the one commenting on the NMS graph and how it wasnt meaningful unless put into context.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:18 AM
space hoppers
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got to be bloody good made more torque than rods old 500 engine with less boost and i no wot boost levels there were. you guys need to get over it
Old 02-02-2006, 11:22 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by space hoppers
got to be bloody good made more torque than rods old 500 engine with less boost and i no wot boost levels there were. you guys need to get over it
Need to get over what?

Is anyone slagging the engine off?
Is anyone slagging mark off?
Is anyone not interested in knowing more about it?

Fuck me talk about paranoid, people dont want to know more so they can use it against mark to slag him off, most of us asking have nothing but respect for mark, and are purely interested in the other figures just to put into perspective how good the engine is!
Old 02-02-2006, 11:28 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jock
I know it was GT something or other

would extra information give away the compression ration as i got the feeling that it was or a higher compression then normal ??

Mike
In now ay shape or form could you get the spec of an engine from the dyno print out. You could guess at the size of turbo, and that's about it.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:34 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

part pooper again!!!!!!

Rod
If that IS the case, Mark must be exceptionally quick at mapping engines, that he can do a full manual run AND swap the fuel over / remap the engine to suit, all in the space of 20 minutes .

Also doesn't explain the missing information that you get when you do a full load point run at the relevent increments .

Here is a full load run:

This is what you get when mapped at Mountune, SCS, Tommy Field's etc (same Superflow dyno), but for some reason (I'm sure Mark will clarify), not when Mark does his .
Old 02-02-2006, 11:39 AM
Disabled Account
Banned

If that IS the case, Mark must be exceptionally quick at mapping engines, that he can do a full manual run AND swap the fuel over / remap the engine to suit, all in the space of 20 minutes
Actually if you look at the time lines on the graphs, they show:
a. 16.47 (pump fuel run)
b. 16.58 (race fuel run)

Thats 11 minutes between runs
Old 02-02-2006, 11:43 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Originally Posted by Doug Stirling
If that IS the case, Mark must be exceptionally quick at mapping engines, that he can do a full manual run AND swap the fuel over / remap the engine to suit, all in the space of 20 minutes
a. 16.47
b. 16.58

He's even quicker than I thought . Rod?
Old 02-02-2006, 11:50 AM
Anonymous
Banned

[
If that IS the case, Mark must be exceptionally quick at mapping engines, that he can do a full manual run AND swap the fuel over / remap the engine to suit, all in the space of 20 minutes .

Also doesn't explain the missing information that you get when you do a full load point run at the relevent increments .

Yep fuel change takes 2 mins literally.

Im looking at my graph Mike its got exactly the same info nothing has been removed. Think the other information is on another sheet if i remember correctly i did not print it off, not sure if Nick did. Can you please ring Simon ( i will tell him to expect your call) to check that this is fact & not Mark becoming a photo-shop expert. After the NMS guys being caught there aint no way Mark is going to pull the wool over the 'barrack Room' lawyers on here. I note who are complaining all members of the 'Torqueless Wonders' brigade, just except Mark is capable of this, there may be suicides after Ranjs figures are posted.
Rod
Old 02-02-2006, 11:53 AM
Anonymous
Banned

I note who are complaining all members of the 'Torqueless Wonders' brigade, just except Mark is capable of this

not sure that comment is fair, personally, ive got bottles and bottles of torque lieing around, and im 101% prepared to except mark builds fantastic engines, in fact its because ive got so much respect for mark that im interested in seeing more details, im sure the same is true of MikeR etc too!
Old 02-02-2006, 11:59 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by Doug Stirling
a. 16.47
b. 16.58

He's even quicker than I thought . Rod?
Mike
Why dont you think before you dig the Hole deeper. The Graphs were printed at the end of the sessions look at the time, why would they print
during ?. They are stored on what they call a computer Mike which has that facility .
Just spoken to Mark he has the other figures which can be added.

Cheers Rod
Old 02-02-2006, 12:00 PM
space hoppers

Originally Posted by chip-3door
I note who are complaining all members of the 'Torqueless Wonders' brigade, just except Mark is capable of this

not sure that comment is fair, personally, ive got bottles and bottles of torque lieing around, and im 101% prepared to except mark builds fantastic engines, in fact its because ive got so much respect for mark that im interested in seeing more details, im sure the same is true of MikeR etc too!
dont read that way looks like trying to see if figures are correct and we no mark dont bullshit like some do on here. like the comment rodders
Old 02-02-2006, 12:03 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by space hoppers
Originally Posted by chip-3door

dont read that way looks like trying to see if figures are correct and we no mark dont bullshit like some do on here. like the comment rodders
Wanting ot put the figures into context isnt the same as saying someone is lieing.

Mark has utterly no reason to bullshit or hide anything, im just interested to know what boost it was running etc i cause i find engines interesting.

I find birds interesting too, so rather than just be told a birds height i would like to know her cup size too and wether or not she has a liking for oral or whatever, doesnt mean i dont believe she is 5'7 just means i am interested and want to know more.

Im asking for EXACTLY the opposite reasons to what you re implying, if i thought it was all bullshit i would be interested!
Old 02-02-2006, 12:14 PM
space hoppers

thats fair enough just seemed lot of questions over figures. no more bickering now got to go to work anyway
Old 02-02-2006, 12:30 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Rod,
Okay, I accept the with dignity, but I would still be REALLY interested in seeing the 500rpm increments and other columns listed, purely as this allows me to see how another engine mapped on any other Superflow compares .

Was not intended in any way a diss, I just always find it odd that Mark doesn't post these figures up from the start .

As to the "torqueless wonders", boost = torque, 38psi = LOADS of torque .
Old 02-02-2006, 02:08 PM
RANJ
BANNED
BANNED

ill commit suicide if mine gets on the dyno
Old 02-02-2006, 02:11 PM
Cossie Helen
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by RANJ

Old 02-02-2006, 02:12 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Even after that statement i would like to offer you a 12 month life insurance policy, ive seen the rate Mark gets round to doing engines

Shitbox is coming up to the anniversary of dropping his engine off there IIRC, still they do say good things come to those who wait
Old 02-02-2006, 03:12 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Best you find the nearest bridge soon then hadnt you Ranj
Old 02-02-2006, 06:14 PM
MAD matt-sab
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

another awesome MAD engine
well done to all involved and of course the luck owner
2WD or 4X4 ? capri ??
still top marks
Old 02-02-2006, 06:36 PM
PF Ben
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

matt-sab - this is Nik Anwyl's Capri as featured in an old copy of PF (the same issue as the three Cossie powered RS200's too). Been hearing about this build for some time now, can't wait to see it out as I've always loved the car...
Cheers,
Ben
PS - it's 2wd mate!
Old 02-02-2006, 07:39 PM
Mark Shead
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 223 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by cosworthcapri
It must be Nick Anwyls capri then, B16 NYK? which was running 12.7 second quarters at 115mph with 320bhp,looked standard aswell.
It was 12.2@117mph on 25psi

Mark
Old 02-02-2006, 07:47 PM
Mark Shead
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Martin,
You don't get those figures with a "stab test" (accelerated dyno run). Mark knows this and also has reasons for showing the above runs, instead of the full load mapping points .

The accelerated dyno run "massages" the figures somewhat, as the dyno overshoots and never stabileses or "brakes" the power like on the mapping run .

Perhaps Mark could post up the mapping run instead - or perhaps not ?

Please note this is not a diss, you just can't compare accelerated dyno run figures with the full load figures that most other people use - it's like comparing chalk and cheese . Obviously those that don't understand this, will be impressed though .
Mike you cant see the wood for the trees, You spent a long time looking for the Air/baro readings you missed Manual power run,
We did multiple mapping points roughly every 250rpm and with no real time in between to cool the engine.

I was hoping to have the rest of the readings tonight but the emails gone awall so will have to wait till tomorrow night,

Boost does= power so why arnt people doing the same
I also run the same boost in the car .

Mark
Old 02-02-2006, 07:56 PM
Mark Shead
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Jock,
It is the GT35s that some people find difficult to prevent surging. However, anyone who has an engine dyno to play with knows how to get rid of by speccing the correct cams / head work . Also, it is only an issue with incorrectly specced 2.0 litre cars, the larger capacity ones (such as Rod's) are easy, because the engine is inherently more capable of processing more air due to it's larger capacity, so has an immediate advantage over a 2 litre car .
Mike IMO engine size has no effect on surge you just need to know what you are doing,
So far I have not used any engine dyno for development work ask anyone who has been with me watching the engine is not touched no cams or timing changes or anyother mods all I do is map.

Mark
Old 02-02-2006, 07:59 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by madevelopments
Originally Posted by cosworthcapri
It must be Nick Anwyls capri then, B16 NYK? which was running 12.7 second quarters at 115mph with 320bhp,looked standard aswell.
It was 12.2@117mph on 25psi

Mark
This car is my sons favourite motor & mine dont get a look-in. Im sure he will be pestering Nick for a ride.
Rod
Old 02-02-2006, 08:03 PM
Mark Shead
PassionFord Post Whore!!

part pooper again!!!!!!

Rod

Here is a full load run:

This is what you get when mapped at Mountune, SCS, Tommy Field's etc (same Superflow dyno), but for some reason (I'm sure Mark will clarify), not when Mark does his .
Mike I could easly finish mapping then change fuel and remap in 11min but I dont count,
Until you have used/mapped with Autronic to the extent I have it is very very easy to map,
the race fuel map is +4dg Ign and tweak the fuel which again is the easy part.

Mark
Old 02-02-2006, 08:05 PM
Mark Shead
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by PF Ben
matt-sab - this is Nik Anwyl's Capri as featured in an old copy of PF (the same issue as the three Cossie powered RS200's too). Been hearing about this build for some time now, can't wait to see it out as I've always loved the car...
Cheers,
Ben
PS - it's 2wd mate!
Ben I know Nick will be giving PF the chance to time it when its ready he is aim for a very good topspeed run
1/4 mile he knows he going to have fun with 500ftlb on pump but he can always turn it down Never

Mark
Old 02-02-2006, 08:07 PM
Disabled Account
Banned

Originally Posted by madevelopments
..........Until you have used/mapped with Autronic to the extent I have it is very very easy to map,
the race fuel map is +4dg Ign and tweak the fuel which again is the easy part. Mark
Mark,

You are NOT allowed to advertise on here!

Old 02-02-2006, 08:12 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Rod,
Okay, I accept the with dignity, but I would still be REALLY interested in seeing the 500rpm increments and other columns listed, purely as this allows me to see how another engine mapped on any other Superflow compares .

Was not intended in any way a diss, I just always find it odd that Mark doesn't post these figures up from the start .

As to the "torqueless wonders", boost = torque, 38psi = LOADS of torque .
Thanks Mike, the Torqueless comment was un-called for & i withdraw it, but you were blazin with both barrels so i resulted to a punch below the belt. .

Rod
Old 02-02-2006, 08:25 PM
Simon Day
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Always good fun to read a thread like this!!

Well done Mark - another top engine! & good to see Rod back on PF - (you have probably been back a while but i did'nt notice. )
Old 02-02-2006, 09:29 PM
Dan
20K+ Super Poster.

Will be mental in a Capri, thats the main thing!
Old 02-02-2006, 09:46 PM
MAD Ade

Wait till we dyno my engine next month; GT35, EEE IV throtle body, internal waste gate, I wounder what reaction this will create as we're going to be hoping to see 600 brake on pump 500+tq, and 640 brake and 550+tq on 102. All this with once again no trace of surge

Ade.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:52 PM
The Youth.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by TIFF-C20WTH
Lets see the car that the engine goes in then
I reckon it's not this one

steve
Old 02-02-2006, 09:59 PM
Dunccoss
PassionFord Post Troll

looks like a nice engine
Old 02-02-2006, 11:05 PM
vikingboy
PassionFord Regular

...but you were blazin with both barrels so i resulted to a punch below the belt. .

Rod
Anyone who knows Rod "in the flesh" will know why thats funny!
Hard for him to get above the belt IMHO!
Old 02-02-2006, 11:06 PM
Anonymous
Banned

PMSL @ vikingboy
Old 02-02-2006, 11:13 PM
vikingboy
PassionFord Regular

Rod and Mark would make an awesome tag boxing team....rod coveres below the belt and mark takes above!
What a team!
Old 02-02-2006, 11:14 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Now you are just milking the same joke, find a new one

Quick Reply: Latest MAD engine dyno graphs and figures!