General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

police t*****s

Search this Thread

Old 26-01-2006, 02:56 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All Im saying is , would u still have typed that post if it was your M3 that had been damaged, honestly.
Would u have said that, I doubt it, I see ya point but
Old 26-01-2006, 03:01 PM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Mr Brannen
All Im saying is , would u still have typed that post if it was your M3 that had been damaged, honestly.
Would u have said that, I doubt it, I see ya point but
Well no.

I wouldn't have mouthed off at a police officer and I wouldn't have really expected them to be able do anything in the first place

I would be furious yes, I really sympathise with this kids dad.

But throwing insults at the police is not going to solve anything.
Old 26-01-2006, 03:02 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

True,
Old 26-01-2006, 03:19 PM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

Best advice I can give is to put word out that what's happened. Ask around with other car people. 7 degrees of seperation and all that with enough digging he'll find out where it has gone.
Old 26-01-2006, 04:04 PM
mk2rstaff
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i think it's just a look into the society we live in, it's not only car crime it's everything mugging up by 11% on the news, time to go abroad i think???
Old 26-01-2006, 04:08 PM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by mk2rstaff
i think it's just a look into the society we live in, it's not only car crime it's everything mugging up by 11% on the news, time to go abroad i think???
What I found odd about this recent report is that the problem is apparently people carrying mp3 players. Well sorrrreeeeee for owning something.

What will it be next "Car crime soars, police recomend not owning a car and the problem will be solved."

I actually deal with part of the justice system internally (some of the departments are clients of mine) and it is truely amazing just how complicated things are. It actually hurts your head to try and understand even just a section of the criminal process.
Old 26-01-2006, 04:21 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The cop was in the wrong to ask if it was a big deal, even if that is what he was thinking, but why should he have to listen to what may, to him, be extremely offensive language?

Sure your dad was upset - I'd be flaming too - but it's unlikely the cop stole the spoiler, and upsetting someone is not the way to get them to try a little harder on your behalf?

For all we know, this cop may be well connected in umpteen different car clubs and might have been inclined to spread the word about the thief and his tactics - right up until he got offended!

As for a letter of complaint - get a life! The guy may have just come from telling someone their mum/dad/brother/sister/husban/wife/son/daughter/whatever has been killed, and you want him punished for what is little more than a slip of the tongue!
Old 26-01-2006, 04:24 PM
mk2rstaff
PassionFord Post Whore!!

fao mwf. icould imagine it is a skull f##k mate i would not like it, so many loop holes and things to be sure are all covered and not let slip
Old 26-01-2006, 04:30 PM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by mk2rstaff
fao mwf. icould imagine it is a skull f##k mate i would not like it, so many loop holes and things to be sure are all covered and not let slip
I can't even begin to explain the complexity mate, even within just of the many organisations involved now. I had a meeting with a guy yesterday who thinks nationally only 3 people beside himself actually understands how just his part of the justice system is supposed to operate
Old 26-01-2006, 04:32 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

did he actually say the words about it not being a big deal, or is that what was inferredby said in a polite and reasonable way but he has been misrepresented here by chinese whispers?

bottom line, like dennis rodman, i don't give a shit
Old 26-01-2006, 06:39 PM
OldSkoolRS
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

When my old car got broken into the police asked what it was..... and then "what do you expect when you drive a car like that!?!?!?"

Very helpful.
Old 26-01-2006, 07:59 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

Lynne, Im shocked that we agree

MWF, I expected you to understand.

My extra 2p. I came back from work a few years back to find my car with a smashed OS rear light and the rear panel at 45 degrees to the road. Asked the neighbours in the road I used to park in, but no one heard or saw anything. Pissed me off no end.

But I didn't bother calling the Police. So to all the numpties who want PC whoever hung drawn and quartered, for not single handed looking at the car and knowing who was responsible in under 2 seconds. I suggest you turn the computer off and go out into the real world.
Old 26-01-2006, 08:40 PM
Redkop
Member No: 39

Originally Posted by Rich_w
Lynne, Im shocked that we agree

MWF, I expected you to understand.

My extra 2p. I came back from work a few years back to find my car with a smashed OS rear light and the rear panel at 45 degrees to the road. Asked the neighbours in the road I used to park in, but no one heard or saw anything. Pissed me off no end.

But I didn't bother calling the Police. So to all the numpties who want PC whoever hung drawn and quartered, for not single handed looking at the car and knowing who was responsible in under 2 seconds. I suggest you turn the computer off and go out into the real world.
Rich, it's just a case of applying intelligent logic...
Old 26-01-2006, 08:44 PM
tonyk
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I can really not imagine this happening word for word as stated.