General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

EAGLE Steel rods for Zetec turbos???

Search this Thread

Old 21-01-2006, 12:53 AM
FULLBORE
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EAGLE Steel rods for Zetec turbos???

ive heard of zetec turbos using EAGLE Steel rods!? ive been on american sites looking for these. they are unbelievebly cheap. Thing is, i havent got a clue what phase engine the are for? all they say is 5/16" ???? Also i heard they need to be mated to je pistons. Is this true? if so where can i get these???? If anyone could enlighten me on the subject it will make me a very happy man..........cheers
Old 21-01-2006, 02:50 AM
Andy-R
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Very cheap

Series 3 Zetec-E 1998- (Blacktop) as fitted to the Focus(UK & US) & Mondeo(UK)

Ive gone the Blacktop route granted the engine is a bit more pricey than the earlier units however it is newer stronger and IMO is a better starting point for a build where forced induction is on the cards.

Piston wise JE & CP will custom build pistons to spec.

Pauter, Carillo & Crower are a wiser bet when it comes to American Rods.

A couple of posts on the same topic

https://passionford.com/forum/viewto...hlight=pistons

https://passionford.com/forum/viewto...hlight=pistons

hth
Old 21-01-2006, 08:14 AM
Danny B
PassionFord Post Troll

I'm a UK DEALER for EAGLE so pm me if I can help out, can ulso supply all of the named company's above.

Eagle have a very good pedigree
Old 21-01-2006, 08:23 AM
Danny B
PassionFord Post Troll

Just checked and I can supply the stock length EAGLE 4340 forged H Beam rods for the ZETEC,
retail price Ł501.24 i'll offer a 15% discount to any PF Gold Members wanting to purchase these rods thats Ł426.05 INC VAT
Old 21-01-2006, 08:30 AM
ON-UJAH
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Any piston manufacturer will machine pistons to your spec - if you are looking for off the shelf items, look throught sites like Focus Central, they should be listed.

The important thing to remember, is not to mix and match different rods and pistons from the silver and black top Zetecs, as the rod length and compression height is different, so you will have problems.

I think to be truly enlightened on the subject, you first need to understand the basics of engine specs, from working out compression ratio, to what tolerances and inteferances you need for your application, how pistons and rod relate to each other and the block etc. etc.

Then you need to strip your block for measurement, do your maths, work out EXACTLY what you want (to 0.01mm) and start reading spec sheets of the various parts, to see if they are suitable. Be prepared to frequently convert inches to mm, and dont miss anything out - even head gaskets should be measured to work out how they affect CR. Only then should you start ordering parts.

At the end of the build you should know everything about your engine, from deck height, to the ring gaps, and the length of the torqued up rod bolts.

Old 21-01-2006, 11:52 AM
FULLBORE
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

cheers for the input lads