General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

can someone explain about the psp to me pls......

Search this Thread

Old 15-01-2006, 10:38 PM
woodz77
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can someone explain about the psp to me pls......

im after getting one of these but im totally confused. i seem to under stand there are 3 different versions 1.5 2.0 and 2.5???

now ive been told to get a 1.5 as they played copied games or get a 2.0 and downgrade it??????

is this right???

the next thing is i keep seeing people selling loads of games on cds for the psp and saying i have to do is copy them to memory stick????? how do i do this. i cant stick the card in my laptop and u cant put a cd in a psp???

then people talk about firmware??? wots this????

so do i need a version 1.5 or a 2.0 which has been downgraded???

then do i need to buy memory cards so i can put the back up games on???

how many games fit on one card????

i really has missed the boat on all this and none of my mates have a clue so i thought i would ask . sorry if i seem thick but i dont want to buy one that cant really do much ???
Old 15-01-2006, 10:47 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

I don't know alot about these PSP's as they don't really interest me, but from what I have read here and on other forums and what I have heard people say about them, v1.5 is the firmware version that allows you to play copied games. This was a glitch and Microsoft released new firmware to try and stop it. Firmware is the built in software that the machine uses to operate on. Version 1.5 means it uses the 1.5 firmware, version 2.0 means it uses the 2.0 firmware, etc.

As far as the memory stick goes, the PSP uses the MagicGate Memory Stick Pro Duo card;

You need a card reader to be able to read and write to this card from a computer;

You plug the card reader into your USB slot, and insert the memory card/stick into the relevant slot. XP and Win2k usually auto detect it and it simply shows up as another removeable storage drive in MY COMPUTER.

Then you simply copy and paste/click n drag from one folder to another, like you would with any folder on the PC....

The ammount of games per card depends on two things. 1) the file size (in mb) of the game, and 2) the capacity (in mb) of the card. For example, if each game is 10mb, then you can fit 12 games on a 128mb card, 25 games on a 256mb card and 51 games on a 512mb card, etc...
Old 16-01-2006, 12:17 AM
DUDE_SWEET_FRST
Advanced PassionFord User

yeah as said...

card reader like this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MESE:IT

put it in the psp, explore the card, and open the files.

1.5 is the one where you can play copied items, 2.0 you can downgrade to 1.5. 2.5 you cant downgrade, so dont get this one
Old 16-01-2006, 07:30 AM
rsnutters1
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

https://passionford.com/forum/viewto...421893#2421893

just got mine, awsome bit of kit . Make sure you get the jap version of 1.5 firmware as these have the better made Sharp screen, the uk one's are Samsung and are apperently not as good. Its dead easy to downgrade and upgrade again if you've got it on dvd (there are plenty on ebay) heres a example

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/82-TOP-PSP-ISO...QQcmdZViewItem

i'm watching this at the mo

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/200-MOVIES-AND...QQcmdZViewItem

happy hunting
Old 16-01-2006, 04:56 PM
woodz77
PassionFord Post Whore!!

excellant !!cheers you lot i knew some people would know about it !!!

soivegot to get a 1.5 or a 2.0 and downgrade it . then basically get a cd and put its contents on the memory stick . then once ive plugged it in the psp , the console gives me the choice to pick a item from the memory card to use . does that sound right !