General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

*** Charity Event, March 26th..***

Search this Thread

Old 14-01-2006, 05:31 PM
Toe Knee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default *** Charity Event, March 26th..***

Taken off another forum.....................

If you remember Robins Cruise, then please please take the time to make it to this one.
Lets hussle on this please and get some good numbers going.

Spread word to other forums asap.....

Welcome to all members and guests of clubvec.com

clubVEC is holding a charity event on behalf of the Chester Childbirth appeal on the 26th march 2006 at the Ellesmere port Vauxhall plant.The reason for the event is to help raise some money for the Extension Upgrading of the Neo-Natal Unit.

The charity's aim is to improve the environment in which newborn, sick and premature babies are nursed. A most generous donation of £180,000 from the Jeffrey Kelson Foundation has been received to help start this project. In the first phase the aim is to extend the accommodation for the parents; the second phase aims to see a better environment in which babies are nursed, and the provision of an enlarged Human Milk Bank.

This is just an outline of the day

Hi guys, and welcome!

Thanks to everyone who is giving support for this event, be it members of clubVEC.Com or other car clubs around the country that are involved in joining us and supporting us for this worthy cause.
Basically, the aim is to get as many car clubs to come from around the country, from the Vectra to the big sports cars, Scooby’s, Evo`s etc.., to join in and show of their weapons of transport to the public and each other, in aid of the charity, and to basically have a top day out!
Joining us on the day will be members of the Cheshire regiment, the police,and food and refreshments. Also, we have managed to get a mobile rolling road to dyno your cars and have smiles created or wiped! by having your motors achieve more than 100bhp (at the wheels lol) in front of an audience.COST PER RUN ON THE ROLLING ROAD £30

All that attend are welcome to bring their own club stands, banners etc as pictures will be going in the newspapers.
In addition, a few bike clubs are going to be contacted too, as this is not only for the 4 wheeled variety of transport.
There will be an entry fee of just £2 PER CAR, and this will be going directly to the Chester Childbirth Appeal.
So…. Get your names down if your are definitely coming, and show everyone that car clubs and their members are decent people and given the chance, we can do a lot for worthy charities.

If you think you can help in anyway then please do add your name on this thread

Thank you all.

VENUE: VAUXHALLS FACTORY
ELLESMERE PORT
JNC 6 OFF THE M53
SIGNPOSTED NORTH ROAD.

TIMINGS

All cars and clubs to be set up for 11.00am.

START 11.00AM
FINISH 16.00PM

SHOW & SHINE COMPETITION ON THE DAY.....SPONSORED BY MEGUIARS

IF YOU WOULD LIKE ANYMORE INFO PLEASE CONTACT ADMIN ON ADMIN@CLUBVEC.COM

we have car clubs interested already.

mk2 dubclub
mitsubishi evo club
uk hot cars
cruisewirral
wirral vxr
vectra sport
skyline club
v.b.o.a
kA club
vvoc
Old 14-01-2006, 07:09 PM
NUTS RuS
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember the Robin's cruise.

Started off on something like Asda car park, and the word spread, and got so big that the Vauxhall's plant proudly stepped in and offered one of their car parks

Didn't manage to go, but I hope all his dreams and wishes came true that day. Being taken by Cancer so young, not so long after IIRC

Hope this one is just as big and sucessful
Old 14-01-2006, 11:52 PM
Snazy
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Something along those lines m8. The land owner was warned by the police there would be an "illegal cruise / gathering" and was advised to take legal action, which he threatened.
By a strange twist, one of the organisers happened to be the hairdresser of a high profile person at Vauxhall (sorry for swearing) and it went from there.

I helped with the original organising of that one, and am lending a hand here again. Looks to be an amazing day once again, sadly this time with slightly limited numbers. Im sure it will exceed the stated 300.

Much more time to organise this one, Robins was done in the space of about 2 weeks, and I have to say an amazing day.

IMO its one of those days that people forget brand loyalty, forget their pride, and bring their prize cars to make the day something truely memorable.

I seriously hope a few of you guys can join us on the day. There is already a large number of people preparing to travel up from London, so anyone travelling from this neck of the woods is welcome to join us for the journey.

If your worried about mileage, dont be light ! The last time we did this trip we spend the day prior to it in Belgium and France, crossed the channel that evening and drove straight up !

Hope to see a few people from here putting their names down for this truley memorable and special day.
Old 15-01-2006, 02:21 AM
Toe Knee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

If your worried about mileage, dont be light ! The last time we did this trip we spend the day prior to it in Belgium and France, crossed the channel that evening and drove straight up !!
Dont remind me of that day

Was the day i blew the cossie engine up to meet u lot 2 go to france!!! then if i remember right coming home in the early hours and getting the RAC to recover the cossie from the petrol station i left it at, going home 2 get my 306 then driving back up to yours to go to Robins Cruise!!!

Damn that was 1 long weekend
Old 15-01-2006, 11:30 AM
Snazy

Yeah dont remind me m8, was a tough one for a lot of us, but hey, on a scale of 1-10 how worth it was it ??

Come on guys and girls, lets get some movement here. Im sure media of various sorts will be in attendance, including good old JD Media making a compilation of the whole day, from trips up there to the runs on the rolling road which will be there.

Additional info for the day, please read below....

there are prizes on the day for best car, show and shine, a rolling road, a live band is playin`, the army is down with a few toys and mike brewer is there for the day judging the competitions. Also, there are raffles, and a BIG CATERING TRUCK TOO!
Old 15-01-2006, 11:50 AM
Snazy

These are images from the actual Robins Meet. Hope it shows how open and perfect the location is for such a massive get together, all legal and above board.

www.cruise-south.co.uk/snazys/pic001.jpg

www.cruise-south.co.uk/snazys/pic002.jpg

www.cruise-south.co.uk/snazys/pic003.jpg

And for those not sure WHERE Ellesmere Port is....

The location map is here... http://www.cruise-south.co.uk/snazys...tylocation.jpg
Old 15-01-2006, 05:17 PM
Snazy

There is a meeting with the land owners this week to try and make some space for more cars, so looks like the thing is getting bigger by the moment.

Hope to see a few more names added soon

Trending Topics

Old 19-01-2006, 06:43 PM
Toe Knee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

BTTT
Old 26-01-2006, 01:40 AM
iggy gt4
PassionFord Regular

i will be there........like last time
Old 09-02-2006, 09:40 PM
Snazy

Anyone coming ?
Old 20-02-2006, 11:30 PM
boXXer
GASH!

UP!
Old 22-03-2006, 09:27 PM
droptopRST
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

There has to be more intrest than this and you call ureself ford owners its for bloody charity man come on people get your names down.
Ive got a 27 week year old brother and the facalities they need is a charity worth helping out what about iff any off your babys were born early you want all the help you could get think about other people then.
This makes me ashamed to be a ford owner
Dont you wanna give these babys as much chance to live as you can or are you just all selfish.
Old 23-03-2006, 02:36 PM
Sexy-RS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will be cabrioless again and I only got it back monday! Otherwise would have come