General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Best Way to claim for Whiplash

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 08:48 AM
rsboy82
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Way to claim for Whiplash

Alright everyone unfortunalty i was involved in a car crash this morning i had a Merc Sprinter Ram into the back of my friends motor and i was sat in the passenger seat
Both suffering quite alot of pain from the neck and back

if I was to make what would i have to do

Cheers

Chris
Old 06-01-2006, 08:57 AM
TemptRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I cant help you much but i do know you must go to the doctors and complain about back/neck ache, explain you've had a car accident etc. so then its down on record that you are suffering etc. Then i guess you find a solicitor.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:01 AM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

see a doctor! and tell your insurance company,
Old 06-01-2006, 09:06 AM
smudgerz
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

If it happened lastnight, get your self to the hospital to be checked out, just to be on the safe side and it helps your claim
Old 06-01-2006, 09:08 AM
rsboy82
Regular Contributor

cheers for commenting ill ring my solicitor in abit and see what they say
Old 06-01-2006, 09:09 AM
matt p
PassionFord Post Troll

Yeah going to A+E will help with the claim.

Also if they say you need to see a physio go and see one
as this will help get the claim amount up.

Hope you feel better soon mate.

Cheers matt.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:09 AM
rsboy82
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by GARETH T
see a doctor! and tell your insurance company,
]

it wasnt me insurance dude as i was a passenger shall i ring my friends insurance
Old 06-01-2006, 09:10 AM
rsboy82
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by smudgerz
If it happened lastnight, get your self to the hospital to be checked out, just to be on the safe side and it helps your claim
it happened about about 2 hours ago dude

is it best to go to a doctors or the hospital

cheers
Old 06-01-2006, 09:11 AM
rsboy82
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by matt p
Yeah going to A+E will help with the claim.

Also if they say you need to see a physio go and see one
as this will help get the claim amount up.

Hope you feel better soon mate.

Cheers matt.
cheers dude will they mention the physio or shall i bring it up?
Old 06-01-2006, 09:13 AM
matt p
PassionFord Post Troll

They will mention it, if not make an appoinment to see
our doctor really lay it on and he will refer you to see
a physio.

Well if he does his job properly
Old 06-01-2006, 09:21 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Unless of course you dont physically need Physio that will be paid for out of all our insurance premiums? It goes without saying that we would all certainly appreciate it if we didnt have to buy it for you of course as its thousands of pounds we cant afford to keep paying.....
Old 06-01-2006, 09:26 AM
andy_st200
PassionFord Post Troll

makes me laugh people saying yeah go for it, milk for all its worth.. but those people saying that will be paying for the claims made in thier own insurance

course if its genuine then fair enuff
Old 06-01-2006, 09:28 AM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts
Default Re: Best Way to claim for Whiplash

Originally Posted by rsboy82
Alright everyone unfortunalty i was involved in a car crash this morning i had a Merc Sprinter Ram into the back of my friends motor and i was sat in the passenger seat

Cheers

Chris
How do you know you have fookin whiplash if you havent even seen a doctor?
Old 06-01-2006, 09:32 AM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

The only way you'd know you DEFINITELY had whiplash would be if Chuck Norris had given you a roundhouse to the face
Old 06-01-2006, 09:34 AM
AndyBrew
Advanced PassionFord User

My daughter had this sort of bollocks thrown at her, she rolled into the back of another car fair enough, wasn't even any damage on either car. Next thing she knows the other car had been reported as a right off by an "independent" engineer and the woman was suing her for whiplash LOL!!!

makes me sick

and people wonder why insurance premiums are as high as they are!
Old 06-01-2006, 09:48 AM
Alvyn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

back in 88/89 when I was in Canada/America you could make up your own number plates etc old boy dirves past with I SUE on the back of his Merc, 2days later same car gets hit up the arse and he jumps out and goes into the boot and pulls out a neck brace, puts it on and says I'll see you in court! NOW people I was with said that was the norm over there I said well WONT be long b4 it's the norm in the uk!

been going on for a few years over here now, people that are NOT injured milking the system but it'ss the old saying I'M ALRITE FUCK THE REST

just have a look at the adverts on tv! NO WIN NO FEE etc one in particular the bloke in the passenger seat of the car that pulls across the lorry which hits the passenger side and he gets broken ribs etc!

If you ARE injured fair enough! but as said above ALL those saying to do this and do that when your renewals come through the door and it's up a few ŁŁŁŁ think back as WE will be paying for it in some way or other!
Old 06-01-2006, 09:51 AM
rsboy82
Regular Contributor

Default Re: Best Way to claim for Whiplash

Originally Posted by MattRS1600i

Cheers

Chris
How do you know you have fookin whiplash if you havent even seen a doctor?
hi mate its a figure of speech best way to describe it
Old 06-01-2006, 09:55 AM
rsboy82
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by Alvyn
back in 88/89 when I was in Canada/America you could make up your own number plates etc old boy dirves past with I SUE on the back of his Merc, 2days later same car gets hit up the arse and he jumps out and goes into the boot and pulls out a neck brace, puts it on and says I'll see you in court! NOW people I was with said that was the norm over there I said well WONT be long b4 it's the norm in the uk!

been going on for a few years over here now, people that are NOT injured milking the system but it'ss the old saying I'M ALRITE FUCK THE REST

just have a look at the adverts on tv! NO WIN NO FEE etc one in particular the bloke in the passenger seat of the car that pulls across the lorry which hits the passenger side and he gets broken ribs etc!

If you ARE injured fair enough! but as said above ALL those saying to do this and do that when your renewals come through the door and it's up a few ŁŁŁŁ think back as WE will be paying for it in some way or other!

thats fair enough dude but i have got a really stiff neck. everyone that says they cant stand people that milk the system are the ones that would do the exact same givern half the chance im not havin a dig at anyone but its been made that easy to make a claim then people feel abliged to do it i mean if someone said ill give you 2K if you go to the doctors and tell me what happened u would honestly say no. i cant see anybody doing that
Old 06-01-2006, 10:28 AM
Daviet
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Alvyn

thats fair enough dude but i have got a really stiff neck. everyone that says they cant stand people that milk the system are the ones that would do the exact same givern half the chance im not havin a dig at anyone but its been made that easy to make a claim then people feel abliged to do it i mean if someone said ill give you 2K if you go to the doctors and tell me what happened u would honestly say no. i cant see anybody doing that
my last crash i was advised by the police to go to the doctors to make sure i get a claim wtf i was out the car and they could clearly see i had fook all wrong with me.if there was anyting wrong i wouldnt have been able to drive the car.fair enough i had a slight stiff neck but nothing serous.then had 3 fone calls after the accident from companys wanting to know if i had any personal injuries and asking if the want to pursue a claim for me.i never claimed a penny except for damage to my car even tho i could easily have got a payout.what goes around comes around and everyone who makes a claim fruadulently. i hope gets fucked later on if they have an accident.
i personally think if you were that injured you wouldnt have come on here as first port of call you would have went straight tho the hospital surely thats the case if you were in pain
Old 06-01-2006, 10:42 AM
AndyBrew
Advanced PassionFord User

I agree with Daviet I think there are many people who genuinly see the bigger picture, I had the pleasure of parking my L200 into the back of brand new BMW 330Ci last year and I gave it a right wallop and although the guy did have some pains after the accident he never made any claims for personal injury.

In my view a genuine accident is an accident, these things happen and people don't go around doing 'em on purpose and as long as everyone is not hurt (as in really hurt) thats the important thing!

and no I most certainly wouldn't make a fraudulent claim, in the same way I do not go around chucking paint on me carpets and claiming on my house insurance

Daviet: I love the way you start your message "my last crash...."
Old 06-01-2006, 10:51 AM
Martinshuter
Regular Contributor

Chris,

i have just finished a claim and treatment for whiplash. I had a toyota avensis smash up the back of my old car at about 30mph. crushed the back of my car. First thing i did was went to the police station and reported it as an injury accident. i then went the docs and she noted it all down and she referred me to a physio to which i had 8 weeks treatment. lower back and neck with one of my traps damaged also.

if you have whiplash it is VERY painfull
Old 06-01-2006, 12:24 PM
statto
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

only joined this site there and this is the sort of shite that i'am reading, if you are genuinely hurt then fair enough, but asking for advice on how to best claim for whip lash.

your a joke mate, you should think yourself fucking luck that you weren't seriously injured or worse killed. people like you are the one's causing scandlous high insurance!!!!

rant over, but this type of thing makes me so cross, and sorry for the one that lives have change due to accidents and get mininal compensation because losers are getting all the money for fuck all

Old 06-01-2006, 12:27 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

i had a claim 2 yrs ago nearly! It took 3 months to come through. I was genuinely in pain, and whats more irritating it was the day before my Wedding, so i was in pain for that ! I was contacted by insurance companies and had a few to chose from!

Ended up with about 2.5k, but that didnt cover my months wages off work
Old 06-01-2006, 12:59 PM
Daviet
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AndyBrew
Daviet: I love the way you start your message "my last crash...."
the twat did run up my arse while i was sitting at traffic light.turns out the guy was an illegal immigrant and had no license or fook all. i still got paid out for the car no probs which is all i cared about as it was a bucket anyway
Old 06-01-2006, 02:17 PM
Zetec Andy
10K+ Poster!!

My doctor said the muscle around my spine has swollen and ive done some tissue damage, expect to be in pain for atleast 3 months.

Ive just issued my claim today for the accident on Tuesday and instructed solicitors to deal with it.