General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

FTAO all new years DIETERS....please read

Search this Thread

Old 28-12-2005, 10:43 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rudey means 4 hours in the gym but 3 1/2 will be in the sauna and jacuzzi
Old 28-12-2005, 10:57 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thought that was the 30 mins work out for ya
Old 29-12-2005, 11:33 AM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Cheers for the comment on linz guys makes her feel even better!

Stu youre right it is similar to the atkins but without cramming all that fat into you which to me seems a bit strange. Plus youre getting all your minerals and vitamins on this one

Gurn, yes mate very similar to the cambridge. She looked into that but we havent seen as many good results, so the lighterlife one was chosen

A few people are against the 2 hour session for some reason. Seems a bit of a narrowminded 'hard man' image that comes accross to me . It is a big part of the diet and helps you get unto the right frame of mind for when you start eating again, as you dont want to get back on the food and put it back on after all that effort ....

Done properly this diet works. One of lindsays nurses on her ward did the diet over a years ago and has NOT put a pound back on and eats like a healthy person would! Its all about management at first when you start eating until your body gets back into the swing of things.

And as i said before, she would not have done it if she thought it would damage her. YES, as FAST AS FORD says, there is some downsides to not eating ,but the fact your becoming healthier by losing all the weight, geting out of the danger zone of being obease, far out weighs the negatives !

Nice to read about other peoples achievments too....Well done peeps
Old 30-12-2005, 06:45 PM
MrsFrog
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lee, I totally agree with you on the people who think the 2 hours sessions are for chickens / sissies. It is very important. What people fail to understand is that psychology is a big part of the diet. And that IS what those 2 hours are for, except you are not talking to a psy, you have a nice and friendly counsellor in front of you. It helps you realise what your faults are, and how you react to certain things...with food! What triggers your eating patterns and how to control them.

Those of you making fun of diets probably don't have a bigger problem than just bad eating habits. What you need to understand is that for some of us, eating is an addiction as strong as drugs, tobbacco or alcohol. It is very hard to get rid of your bad habits, and any help you can get is a bonus.

Sorry if I sound p... off I am very proud of what I have achieved this year but I am struggling like mad with food and keeping it under control is quite hard, especially around Xmas.
Old 05-07-2006, 06:24 PM
Michelle
Regular Contributor

i remember seeing this the start of the year, My mum started it 13weeks ago and has lost 3 stone 8lb looks a totally different person..

im now on this and into my 5th week i have lost 21lb its a very easy diet and i would recommend it to anyone...
Old 05-07-2006, 07:10 PM
cossie can
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Chelle u have even lost ur chubby cute cheeks!!!well done!!
Old 05-07-2006, 07:22 PM
bigwelshlad
Advanced PassionFord User

Default Re: FTAO all new years DIETERS....please read

Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds
Theres bound to be a few people of here say they are going to go on a diet in the new year. Can i make a suggestion...

Right. Most of you will have probably done most diets before, slim fast, weight watchers, atkins etc...and if your going on a diet in the new year then have they worked? Obviously not

Right. www.lighterlife.co.uk. Go on that web site and have a read. This diet is fantastic. It take A LOT of commitment but the results are amazing.

Basically, you only drink/eat the supplied packs per week with the diet, and drink water..plenty of water in fact. Some people come out with the crap '' that can't be good for you not eating at all''..well why?

All you are doing is the job your body does BEFORE you put the food in your mouth. The packs contain ALL vitamins and minerals you need to survive. Your body then burns its fat as energy.

The first week or so is the hardest as you are widthdrawing from eating, but once you get over the initial period it becomes THE EASIEST DIET EVER...because you KNOW exactly what you are have everyday...instead of counting calories, watching what ya eating all the time etc etc..youve done the diets you know the score.

How do i know it works? Lindsay(my wife to those who dont know) started the diet in september...around the 3rd or so. She has just finished it and has lost 4 stone 3 pounds. She looks amazing and feels amazing. She can just go shopping and pick clothes up knowing they will fit..much to my wallets dissapointment lol...no im happy for her... its nice to see her blooming

Shes always been bigger than average since i met her, a thing i like as i dont like bones, but as some people may remember she had meningitus a while ago and for some reason, probably phsycological more than medical, banged weight on....you just dont realise its happening when you see someone everyday. Anyway, my sister did the diet and also had amazing results so lindsay decided it was time, and like i say...fantastic...

So go for it peeps, men or women...in fact research says men lose it faster too And remember, Lindsay is a Nursing Sister who takes pride in her work and is over qaulified...so she would NOT have done it if she thought it was damaging in any way to health..

Hope i can help someone with posting this
diet mate ? think i have put on a good cupla stone since new year mate how the bike going ?!