General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Armed police and public attitudes

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 02:43 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Armed police and public attitudes

Every now and again a thread appears where someone says how hard done by they are by a policeman or how mouthy they've been to the cops.

I'm not at all interested in the right or wrong of any particular case, or the "he said, she said" type debate about how it REALLY went down.

But would you be mouthy if the cop had a gun?

Generally speaking I think the cops do a really good job, one that I certainly wouldn't want to do, and deserve credit for putting up with some of the crap that they seem to get from "innocent" motorists.

Lots of folk on here seem to believe the cops behave like out of control power freaks so I wonder if maybe giving them that extra bit of power could see you dead instead of upset? There have been a number of cases recently where the cops have shot people, and others where they have been shot themselves, so don't think it couldn't happen....
Old 12-12-2005, 02:45 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would never be mouthy to a copper anyway, with or without a gun.

I just say as little as possible to them generally.

The only people who are going to treat a policeman differently with a gun are people who beleive that policeman will shoot them for being mouthy.

There are a right shower of bastards making up a large portion of the police force IMHO, but even i wouldnt expect any of them to be that stupid, som im sure 99% of people wouldnt either.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:46 PM
andy_st200
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im never mouthy to cops anyway.. they do have a tough job and because of the dickheads they have to deal with they do sometimes end up treating us all the same.. i have a friend whos a cop and shes lovely
Old 12-12-2005, 02:50 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by andy_st200
i have a friend whos a cop and shes lovely
Pics or PBQ
Old 12-12-2005, 02:52 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Not so much arm the police... but bring back corporal punishment to an extent...

Death penalty should be issued to all rapists, murderers and pedos.
Shoplifters have a finger amputated etc etc.....

Pretty radical views i dare say and i cant see it happening, aswell as the fact that there is often the chance that they have the "wrong man" for a crime, butobviously only solid, DNA etc etc... proven cases could be delt with in this way. Pretty far flung i agree, but it worked when it was happening before, why cant it work again with a little bit of research and extremeism.

But aye, i see what your getting at, the police tend to try their best, doesnt help when scabby wee scrotes give them cheek/waste time/wind people up though.

Its a never ending arguement in my opinion
Old 12-12-2005, 02:54 PM
Mongo
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

lol PBQ... You do have to be fairly intelegent to jon the Police.. It's one of the most lenghtly an indepth application forms I have seen... IF thats a gauge of their testing
Old 12-12-2005, 02:57 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Originally Posted by Mongo
lol PBQ... You do have to be fairly intelegent to jon the Police.. It's one of the most lenghtly an indepth application forms I have seen... IF thats a gauge of their testing
Unfortunatley that dont weed out the unfair/powerhungry nobbers that much of the force consist of
Old 12-12-2005, 02:57 PM
andy_st200
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by chip-3door
Originally Posted by andy_st200
i have a friend whos a cop and shes lovely
Pics or PBQ
u perv chip getting as bad as diamonds
Old 12-12-2005, 02:58 PM
Mongo
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by Itsmeagain
Originally Posted by Mongo
Unfortunatley that dont weed out the unfair/powerhungry nobbers that much of the force consist of
I know, I know
Old 12-12-2005, 03:04 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

IMO i would never be mothy with them as they just get worse then!! If you do thats the total wrong approach and will cause u more hassel!
Old 12-12-2005, 03:14 PM
FordFans
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by Coldo
Not so much arm the police... but bring back corporal punishment to an extent...

Death penalty should be issued to all rapists, murderers and pedos.
Shoplifters have a finger amputated etc etc.....

Pretty radical views i dare say and i cant see it happening, aswell as the fact that there is often the chance that they have the "wrong man" for a crime, butobviously only solid, DNA etc etc... proven cases could be delt with in this way. Pretty far flung i agree, but it worked when it was happening before, why cant it work again with a little bit of research and extremeism.

But aye, i see what your getting at, the police tend to try their best, doesnt help when scabby wee scrotes give them cheek/waste time/wind people up though.

Its a never ending arguement in my opinion
I totally agree, and theres little to deter people from doing wrong these days as the "politically correct" country we live in is intent on methods of correction rather than the old extremes of punishment. It's also interesting to know that there are more support groups for a criminal than there is a victim, which is just totally stupid to me.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:25 PM
Simon
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Treat people as you would expect to be treated yourself regardless of whether or not they are the law, If someone is being a cnut with you dont lower yourself to there standards just smile back it will provoke them much more than any words will

simon
Old 12-12-2005, 05:01 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

it generally works in other countries in my experience. give coppers guns (so that they can shoot themselves in the foot - literally) and courts more powers and the guidelines to give tougher sentences.

but it's never going to happen with one of the major political parties, but what the alternative? vote BNP?
Old 12-12-2005, 05:06 PM
Damo V
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I dont think british police should be given guns and on the application process... Its harder to get into the LFB than the met..