General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Made me look like a messer!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2004, 02:41 PM
James Porter
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Made me look like a messer!

I had an ad for my rs 7 spokes and had intrest from RJS SCORT and we agreed a place to meet as he was coming past my place to pick up interior from some one else, Then i had trouble getting my standard wheels back that were locked away in some one elses garage,i managed to get them and began to take them off for him,as i was doing so a good friend of many years turned up when he realised i was selling the wheels he went mad and offered me £500 there and then! £100 more than what i was due to sell them for,What could i do,i informed ryan straight away as i did'nt realise it would be such a big deal as he was coming my way anyway,but obviously it was and now hes telling everyone on PF that im a messer,i apologised for the inconvienience but it was still not enough.
WHAT YOU DO??????
Old 11-07-2004, 02:43 PM
Rs Gus
impreza wrx sti version 8

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

take the highest bid m8
Old 11-07-2004, 02:53 PM
TIFF
Chasing Radders

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can see both side of the story here

1,Hounring your deal

2,Getting the highest price

Old 11-07-2004, 02:55 PM
DaveEscos
BANNED
BANNED

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

easy to deduce this one

if youve promised them to a mate, and someone offers higher... be a mate back and still sell em as planned

if its someone you dont know from adam... sell to the highest bidder and its just a case of

TBE

too bad eugine!
Old 11-07-2004, 02:58 PM
Roosie
500bhp Cosworth in making

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

its a hard call tbh i know ryan RJSCORT i think he would have been looking foward to these
Old 11-07-2004, 03:08 PM
Turbo lag
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you should have asked the first guy if he would pay £500 to match your mates offer.
Old 11-07-2004, 03:16 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

Until the guys at your house with the money its still only provisional. But personally Id prefer to go with the first person because I wouldn't like to have it happen to me.
Old 11-07-2004, 03:50 PM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

The only thing that can be blamed is the chain of events. The chance of a friend offering quite a bit more than your've been offered elsewhere as the other buyer is travelling is pretty rare, it's just plain bad luck for RJS SCORT really and I seriously empathise with him.
Old 11-07-2004, 04:01 PM
swerv
PassionFord Post Troll

if youve made a deal youve made a deal , simple as
Old 11-07-2004, 04:17 PM
SPADGE
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you struck a deal and made arrangements with the 1st guy then you should have stuck to the deal as any honourable person would have done!
Old 11-07-2004, 04:23 PM
StephenC
..BS Motorsport..

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

just put yourself in the other persons shoes and think how you would like it. then make your decisions from there.
Old 11-07-2004, 04:28 PM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

I'd say regardless of how deals should be done the problem here is a break down in communications (or it would seem that way). RJS SCORT clearly felt the deal was done, confirmed and he'd effectively bought the wheels, it was just a case of getting them. the rs man clearly felt the deal is done when the money changes hands.

Neither is wrong or right but the important thing is that it sounds both parties were under the assumption the other felt the same.

This is the problem with classifieds which allow the potential buyer to converse publically, it can give the impression the deal is done online when in some cases that might not be the case.

I think it's a bit of a learning experience for everyone and I think now if I am selling things online and someone agrees a price on collected goods the deals struck when the money is with me or a deposit needs to be paid. I've held stuff cheaply for people in the past and just got messed about.
Old 11-07-2004, 04:39 PM
Phil
Jeebus

Personally, if the deal was done and dusted they should have ogne ot the original guy, but it is always worth calling him up to tell him the story and see what he reckons - he may not be that desperate and will say go ahead and sell them to your mate! You never know!
Old 11-07-2004, 04:42 PM
James Porter
PassionFord Post Troll

Cheers for all your oponions i did'nt set out to piss him off its just that money talks and friends are important,I knew this would happen so you can see it was hard for me too,I have bought and sold many things on this websit and ive never upset any one before,and again ryan i am sorry.

Cheers james.
Old 11-07-2004, 05:55 PM
RJS_SCORT
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

I wouldnt of bothered me so much if i hadnt bin a hour in2 the journey and 40 mins of that being stuck in traffic.

And also if you answered the phone rather than sending me a text message saying that everything went shit up and they werent for sale,then after more text messages sayin that you had been offered £500 off a mate!
and NOT that you promised them 2 him,he just offered you more money.

we all like to sell and make money and im the same but sometimes you hav to fink about your first off buyers.

i like to fink that when you arrange to buy something the deal is done
dunno if im being unreasonable?
But it did proper fuk me off
anyway lesson learnt on my behalf and apologie accepted as i just wanna make a point
RJ
Old 11-07-2004, 05:57 PM
POPEYE
FAIRY CAKE

personally i would have stuck them up your arse
Old 11-07-2004, 07:09 PM
Deano
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by popeye
personally i would have stuck them up your arse
Here Here ,

You agreed to sell them for a price you were happy with so should have been honourable about it

I hope you suffer a similar fate and then see how you like it

Have to commend RJS_SCORT`s attitude though for accepting your apology .

I sure as hell wouldnt have
Old 11-07-2004, 07:12 PM
Stoo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I wouldnt have liked it happen to me
Old 11-07-2004, 07:17 PM
CabrioTurbo
PassionFord Post Troll

as much as i wouldnt like it to happen to me.. and it has in the past with a car... its difficult to say what to do.. just depends on your concience really if you can quite happily let someone down then and get more money from somewhere else.. then why not.. no money had been exchanged and there in lies the major problem imo.
I know a deal a deal an all but there a few different points of view to consider..
Oh well never mind hey.. apologies have been accepted and lets hope its ok from now on.
Old 11-07-2004, 07:19 PM
James Porter
PassionFord Post Troll

Big fucking deal,sod being honourable A mate is a mate and a deal is not done until a deposit or cash has been exchanged(or a cheque sent etc) in my eyes,at the end of the day when im in the shit with my car my mate will be there to sort it. He bends over backwards to help out in needy times so i could'nt let him down ether.Fair enough i should of phoned but as i said before,he said he was coming my way anyway,he did'nt just come down for the wheels.
Old 11-07-2004, 07:28 PM
St3V3_C
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

They should have gone to the first person.

However, if you had been offered £100 quid more, I might have offered to split that with the first buyer - as a goodwill gesture - but it would have had to be his decision.

Also, if the going rate was 400 I would not have been happy taking 500 from a mate
Old 11-07-2004, 07:40 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

If i was going to sell them a complete stanger for 400 quid...and a mate offered me 500 quid, and i took 500 quid id expect my mate to be fucked off with me....nevermind Ryan. Charging a mate 100 quid more than Mr NoBody is a sham!!!!!
Old 11-07-2004, 07:42 PM
RSrussell
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by the rs man
and a deal is not done until a deposit or cash has been exchanged(or a cheque sent etc) in my eyes
I drove for an hour this morning to trade some bits and if the guy had told me this when i got there, I sure as heck wouldn't of accepted no apology!
Old 11-07-2004, 08:08 PM
Martyn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I would of honoured the deal to the first bloke.
But on the same note, if it had of been me i and i chose to let my mate have them, id of let them go for the same price i would of been getting in the first place!
Old 11-07-2004, 08:30 PM
adamS2RST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Hi,

I was the person who wasted his weekend driving about with RJ (Ryan), it was my fooking miles being put on my poxy car! and It pissed me off as much as it did Ryan! Many people know me on this board and I too like to think that people on here are mostly top ppl which they are,(but you do get the odd exception )

the rs man You have clearly put this post up to get sympathy but it has backfired as with me and Ryan a deal is done, you confirmed twice once when we left and again when we were fookin ages into the journey and u then just send a txt saying

Sorry mate it is gone shit up wheels not for sale......... hmmm let me think, what the fook would you have done?!

I also commend Ryan for accepting your appoligy, there is no point holding grudges, but maybe you will learn from this and not fook n e one else about in future! live n learn!

Adam.
Old 11-07-2004, 08:36 PM
James Raby
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I would've honoured the deal too, I sell a few things here and I hope that nobody has been dissapointed in what I had sold them and the price that it was at too...

If a provisional deal was struck and he was coming to pick them up, they're sold ain't they??

I would have turned up to show my feelings TBH

RJSCORT, respect to you for accepting appology and putting your point forward
Old 11-07-2004, 08:44 PM
Alvyn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I say you should have honoured the deal and told your m8 that you'll keep an eye out for another set on here as they do come up every now and then,and to sell them for an extra £100 to a m8 I'd be abit pissed off If my m8 done that to me over someone not known.

AND TO ALL THAT SAY FUCK IT TILL MONEY HAS PASSED HANDS NO DEALS BEEN DONE LET'S HOPE YOUR NEVER @ THE RECEIVING END OFF ANY BULLSHIT.

All in my opinion.
Old 11-07-2004, 08:45 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Your going on about you mate being there to help you etc.....but then charging him £100 MORE.

Some mate you are, should be £100 LESS.

I am glad i'm not your mate.

Dave.
Old 11-07-2004, 08:49 PM
Mark V8
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 166 Likes on 145 Posts

Big fucking deal,sod being honourable A mate is a mate and a deal is not done until a deposit or cash has been exchanged(or a cheque sent etc) in my eyes,at the end of the day when im in the shit with my car my mate will be there to sort it. He bends over backwards to help out in needy times so i could'nt let him down ether.Fair enough i should of phoned but as i said before,he said he was coming my way anyway,he did'nt just come down for the wheels.
Remind me never to buy anything from you

A deal is a deal and you acted like an asshole

Mark
Old 11-07-2004, 08:50 PM
adamS2RST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Seem's to me that the rs man wont be logging on for a while as it is all gone tits up. Well, again thanks mate, And your point regarding going to get interior, even so, even if we were or wern't you still wouldn't have let us know any quicker i.e before we set off down the poxy M25 I think if you actually read the above you will see people's general opinions and why we have put out side across which is a lot more credible than your's!

Once again thanks, I had shit loads to do to my car before todays regional day but never got to do it because we got back so late because we were standing / driving about because you kept fooking us about.

Cheers
Old 12-07-2004, 08:12 AM
James Porter
PassionFord Post Troll

I did apologise and for your info he only paid £400 i was stuck in a situation,and i wer'nt after simpathy but if ryan has something to say he should pm me,not make me look like mud for one deal that went wrong,I HOPE NONE OF YOU EVER GET STUCK IN THIS SORT OF SITUATION.

Cheers james.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:32 AM
RsToy
PassionFord Post Troll

split the £100.

the deal was as good as done.

your better of by £50 and sold your wheels..............is happy
rjs scort is better of by £50.........................is happy
your mate has his wheels......................is happy

everyone is happy.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:38 AM
SPADGE
15K+ Super Poster!!

I did apologise and for your info he only paid £400 i was stuck in a situation,and i wer'nt after simpathy but if ryan has something to say he should pm me,not make me look like mud for one deal that went wrong,I HOPE NONE OF YOU EVER GET STUCK IN THIS SORT OF SITUATION.

Cheers james.

This situation you say you were stuck in was created purely by greed and a lack of integrity! If the siuation had developed as you have described (although its seems to have changed regarding the figures ) then your mate should have been told sorry but they are sold and thats the end of it! You sold them to your mate as he had offered you a ton more and you took it because of greed and fook all to do with being a mate
You anticipated getting a slagging on here for being a messer and that is the reason you started this thread to try and strike 1st!
All imo of course but just saying it as i see it
Old 12-07-2004, 08:44 AM
adamS2RST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Spadge knows...... And he back's up my point of you trying to strike first on here to get sympathy, give up mate it wont work!

TBH, you are now infact lying then because you told ryan that your mate had offered 500! and he paid it! Ryan even raised his offer over 400, so something is not right there.

Anyway, Ryan aint too fussed now, im not too fussed, hope ppl read this and see from what you have wrote and can make thier own minds up wether they want to deal with you or not
Old 12-07-2004, 10:23 AM
slowpoke
PassionFord Post Whore!!

rs man your post saying big fucking deal, what a complete nob i hope the same happens to you, like everyone else is saying a deal is a deal and youre just beeing greedy as spadge says.

adam should have had half of that 100 quid to re emburse him for the wasred time and petrol and i still would have gone round to have a word or two.

at least everyone has seen what has happened for anyone buying anything in future

honour your agrements in future i would and a lot of other people would have too
Old 12-07-2004, 10:27 AM
TILLIO

If i promised something to someone, i wouldn't go back on the deal, if you accepted £400. I would have thought you must have been happy with the sort of money you were getting to accept the offer.

Nothing worse than setting out driving somewhere and then they back out
even if there goin somewhere else too, still have to draw the money out
Old 12-07-2004, 10:55 AM
adamS2RST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Yup, fooking idiot, nuff said
Old 12-07-2004, 12:52 PM
Moose 130

integrity should outweigh greed.

you should have sold them to RJS SCORT
Old 12-07-2004, 01:17 PM
adamS2RST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Quick Reply: Made me look like a messer!