General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Help: New shape Fiesta - Headunit removal...how???

Search this Thread

Old 23-11-2005, 07:36 PM
Holty
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help: New shape Fiesta - Headunit removal...how???

Anyone help on the above. need to remove stereo from a 2004 ford fiesta. The one thats three parts.

How do you remove the dash fascia to access the headunit.

I see the two screws at bottom and two screws when you open glove box...any others???

Old 23-11-2005, 07:42 PM
The Youth.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

travel down to liverpool park it in the street then return in the morning the headunit will have been removed for you..

I had one of these as a works van and did wonder how the fook it comes apart try going to your local ford dealer and get friendly with the service dept they might have an idea.

steve
Old 23-11-2005, 11:09 PM
GVK
Regular Contributor

If you need to take it out to get serial numbers for a code, no need - just press 2 and 5 or 2 and 6 ( one of the two ) and it comes up on the display...

If not ---

It's actually all in one big lump, but the dash makes it look as tho it's three.

Not taken one out for a while, but you gotta take off the centre console and side panels and the lower half of the dash under the steering wheel, pop out the black switches / blanks for hrw etc and there's screws behind them, you have to take the centre of the dash out as you've prolly already gathered

***** GET SOME MASKING TAPE AND PUT OVER THE THREE SECTIONS OF THE STEREO****

When you're putting it back together you'll see why, the metal clips on the dash can scratch fuck out of the stereo, I've done it..

The heater controls have two cables on which one you can pop off the drivers side of the box and the other is a flexy cable that goes into a recessed hole, it's a proper awkward CUNT to get back in.

You have to click the cable into the switch end first then try and feed it into the heater box - hope you've got more patience than I have

wall:

Good luck. :
Old 24-11-2005, 09:28 PM
ronf42

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

taken from uk fiesta network.
watch out when disconnecting the heater controls

You will need:

1. Sat nav dash surround (unless your gonna cut the struts) - available from Ford parts, FINIS code 1148612;
2. The adaptor plate to house the standard DIN stereo - either Ford or Autoleads can supply this;
3. A posi and flat head screw driver;
4. A cloth.

Step one:
Open the glove box, push in the sides and let it drop. You should now see two screws on the right. Unscrew these.

Step Two:
Now on the drivers side there is a small pull down bit to keep your change etc. Open this and you should see two screws. Unscrew these.

Step Three:
On the same section as above at the very bottom you should see three screws. Unscrew these.

Step Four:
Now next to the stereo, on the left, you have the four buttons, with the flat head screw driver pop this out, use the cloth to protect the plastic. you should now see to more screws. unscrew these.

Step five:
Now at the bottom of the surround there is two more screws, unscrew these.

Step Six:
Your dash surround is now unscrewed, pull this towards you and the top unclips. When you can see inside you will have all the controls connected. I will work left to right. First you have to unclip the plug you can use the flat head screw driver to ease it. new to this is a small plug, if you push on the bottom of it, it will pop out. Now tou have a bit of steel wire with a little moulded end. this comes out if you push it to the side. then you have to round black plug at the end, this will just pull out. Your dash should pull away now.

Step Seven:
Finally, unscrew the headunithttp://www.ukfiestanetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=2875
Old 24-11-2005, 09:39 PM
Shings
PassionFord Post Whore!!

more or less then same as the freelander one.

I walk away when i see them... fuck that for a game of soldiers.. have removed one once- its a case of just removing everything you can find all around it- centre console, dash etc untill you get to the front...

Have fun
Old 24-11-2005, 11:29 PM
Holty

cheers fellas sounds like it should be fun
Old 25-11-2005, 06:46 AM
puddy

doing one at work at the moment,A right f***er of a job!

puddy

Trending Topics

Old 25-11-2005, 07:47 AM
GVK
Regular Contributor

Pleased it's not just me that hates the fookers