General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

anyone have knowledge on 106 gti's???

Search this Thread

Old 22-11-2005, 07:16 AM
swerv
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone have knowledge on 106 gti's???

need some help with some running problems that im having, car has been excellent up until now

i have just had to replace the coil pack on the car , now about a 2 days after this the car is having a hard time running, not sure if its related or just co-incidence?

the car will not idle and seems weak on power , the thing is it dosnt do it all the time, its very intermittent which is a pain in the arse.

what would cause the car to stall all the time when the problem occurs?

have these cars got a mgmt issue that is common or maybe a fuel starvation problem they have?

thanks
Old 22-11-2005, 07:19 AM
Mike1
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Re: anyone have knowledge on 106 gti's???

Originally Posted by swerv
need some help with some running problems that im having, car has been excellent up until now

i have just had to replace the coil pack on the car , now about a 2 days after this the car is having a hard time running, not sure if its related or just co-incidence?

the car will not idle and seems weak on power , the thing is it dosnt do it all the time, its very intermittent which is a pain in the arse.

what would cause the car to stall all the time when the problem occurs?

have these cars got a mgmt issue that is common or maybe a fuel starvation problem they have?

thanks

Check the lambda sensor - try replacing it even if EML on dash not glowing - same engine as the Saxo VTS and it is a common fault on those as well.

The one went on my wife's car and the symptoms were erratic idling and a lack of power - usually as you were about to pull onto a roundabout .

Citroen garage didn't diagnose it at first but got talking to a knowledgeable young bloke at Citroen Assist and he told me to tell them to try it.
There is an Engine Management Light on the VTS dash but that never came on - Citroen replaced under warranty and car was fine after.
Old 22-11-2005, 07:36 AM
Beach
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Yes as abouve mate the lambda sesors fuck upon themand it sounds like u have that problem if the car feels very flat and un powerfull !!

80 somat quid it cost me for a new one
Old 22-11-2005, 08:18 AM
andre_k
PassionFord Post Troll

if you cant get it sorted, try jamie @ jamsport as i know he works on them
Old 22-11-2005, 08:23 AM
kouzman
PassionFord Regular

probably the lambda sensor mate. is it a pre-2001 model or later? the later models have the 3-plug harness ecu and they have 2 lambda sensors. if one of these two goes then the car runs in safe mode and has rough idle, no power etc...

we have a 170bhp 206cc 1.6 liter (12.5 comp. ratio, forged pistons, DTA stand alone, etc...) most problems come from the lambdas...