General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

What car?

Search this Thread

Old 19-11-2005, 06:43 PM
Mike C
The Special One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had a 900cc shitbox insured under my name since day 1, but couldnt live with owt under 1.8's, so been on someone elses insurance. But now I'm 21, it's time to unleash my own NCD next year on some SERIOUS power
GOT2BZETEC
Advanced PassionFord User

Ps. Da booga you got any pics of your v8 sierra, could do with under bonnet as im half way thru mine. Thanks
Pete.W
PassionFord Post Troll

Takes one to know one

but still they beat anyone on insurance because they insure the whole farm so it knocks money off, and the guy that looks after us is a reasonable sort of guy.

Loss adjusters are ace aswell we got paid out on a land rover discovery that had its keys in totally fine

p.s. it was along way from a road so not exactly any old passer by could steal it
Old 19-11-2005, 06:44 PM
Da Booga
Regular Contributor

Obviously you are free to do what you want & don't think I've been patronising you.

Just be aware that if you do have another accident & you are found to be driving on your dads policy & the insurance policy refuses to pay out you may be charged with driving without insurance!

You WILL find it hard & expensive to get cover after this. IMHO it's not worth the risk seeing as you are obviously a fellow car enthusiast
Old 19-11-2005, 06:46 PM
Da Booga
Regular Contributor

No probs mate, there's some pics in my photobucket a/c

http://photobucket.com/albums/v344/b...9/sierra%20v8/

Old 19-11-2005, 06:46 PM
Dragon
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

It's people who don't listen, don't understand the consequences and buy something they have no idea of how to use that end up causing accidents or even their own death or severe injury (heaven forbid) so it's worth thinking about what you're doing first.

I'm sure you are a good driver, but we've all thought that and most have paid the price at some point be it financially or otherwise (myself included!!!), especially when we were starting out.

The regular driver should be the policy holder that is true, so your insurance would actually be void and you'd be paying for something you can't use.

Why don't you buy something less impressive for 12 months just to build some driver knowledge and get a years NCB under your belt. There are still a lot of cheap quick cars for you to get going with.
Old 19-11-2005, 06:52 PM
lunatixantix
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by Dragon
... Why don't you buy something less impressive for 12 months just to build some driver knowledge and get a years NCB under your belt. There are still a lot of cheap quick cars for you to get going with.
That's a good bit of advice, what I tell all my younger brothers mates who are just at that age. If you're going to insist that you want to drive a bigger power car, at least you can blag it's not a regular car you drive because you have your own car, while at the same time you're building NCB because if you're not driving the small engined car, you can't crash it
Old 19-11-2005, 07:05 PM
GOT2BZETEC

Dragon
I get your point but if you saying there is lots of quick cheap cars out there that would still involve a quick car whaich is your main ocncern, im confused.

https://passionford.com/forum/images...s/smile011.gif
Mort de rireDa Booga

Im half way through mid mounting a v8 turbo in a capri
Old 19-11-2005, 07:07 PM
Pete.W
PassionFord Post Troll

GOT2BZETEC where abouts you from?
Old 19-11-2005, 07:27 PM
GOT2BZETEC

West cumbria. (dairy farmer)

Im off to town guys will reply about 3.AM
Old 19-11-2005, 07:42 PM
Dragon
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by GOT2BZETEC
Dragon
I get your point but if you saying there is lots of quick cheap cars out there that would still involve a quick car whaich is your main ocncern, im confused.

https://passionford.com/forum/images...s/smile011.gif
Mort de rireDa Booga

Im half way through mid mounting a v8 turbo in a capri
Sorry, what I was suggesting was getting something 'less' fast, 'cheaper' and 'easier' to insure etc. and that if you wanted something that was still quick there are a lot of cheap things around that would do the job, i.e: a Fiesta Si for example (group 8) as opposed to say an average hot hatch of group 14 to 15.

All cars will get you into trouble, I'm just suggesting that combining a few factors will save you some time, money, losing out on NCB and getting a decent premium from your insurer (plus a cheap car will allow you to go TP) and if in the worst case you do have an accident you won't be hit too hard in the pocket and find you or even your Father cannot insure you again the following year.