General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

NEW NISSAN SKYLINE:

Search this Thread

Old 19-10-2005 | 10:54 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

rhys what money would they charge, the 350z GT wasnt that much more than the 350z and thats not a great deal at 20k tbh ( more than i got but its the same price a a focus rs was )

needs lower doors, its a posing car and you cant pose with ya elbow higher than ya head leaning out the window
Old 19-10-2005 | 10:59 PM
digita1dragon
Advanced PassionFord User

ROFL one of my mates at uni has just bought a brand new 350z, I look forward to being impressed.
Old 19-10-2005 | 10:59 PM
Snowy_Astra
Advanced PassionFord User

Back & sides are ace, Front looks absolutely shite IMO
Old 19-10-2005 | 11:00 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Originally Posted by b19bal
Steve its hard enough to make me loose control ( and me arse), its no way a soft cut in any effect

a cossie has a soft cut limit and ive hit that, sounds like a missfire ( as on a cossie at that rpm is usually is anyway )
For a start cossies have IGNITION cut limiters, and a 350 runs a FUEL cut limiter, so the noise is wildly different.

For a second, watch the rev counter when a 350 hits the limiter, it pretty much stays where it is, the car jolts a bit as its suddenly stopped accelerating hard, nothing more.

A real hard cut limiter is what all cars have after the soft cut (incase the car over-revs past the soft cut for whatever reason) and will literally cut the fucking car out for a second, as good as stall it, the revs will noticably drop a few 1000rpm, and that is NOT what the 350 does.

It does suddenly stop accelerating, but no more than other cars where the rev limit is set too low and it seems to still be accelerating hard at that point.

Its not a hard cut, but maybe could describe it as a harsh feeling soft cut...
Old 19-10-2005 | 11:10 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

steve no offence but you stated it was soft as fuck cut, now it a harsh soft cut

im telling you that there is no soft cut about it, no matter what you say about the technical side of it the rev cut limit is to harsh for a road car, doing over 140ish ( estimate though but i know the acctual limit is 155) and the car drops off and its not what i expected is not a soft in anyway at all and tbh its dangerous ( hard to complain about though )

but no matter the techy,it aint soft cut is, that is not soft its hard

now i understand you prob thought i was taking shite as you always think i do because you feel you know alot about me and what i say must be crap as you dont belive it, i personally dont belive you have ever hit the limiter in a 350z as you would not call is soft as fuck

no offence but if it wasnt for the other guy posting this would be another thread of you stating i know nothing and claim im talking crap

its a hard cut, its not soft, a hard cut is a cut that stops, not revs

ask anyone to discribe hard and soft and tell me if they say the engine stalls for a sec and a soft cut is either a ignition or a fuel cut

they say hard is a bastard and soft means you can bang it off the limiter for fun just to see the black clouds
Old 19-10-2005 | 11:12 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

actually how does the car stall for a second on a hard cut limit, serious question as my cossie was doing EXACTLY what you discribe before i decided to turn it into a jigsaw puzzle

what does it cut for a hard cut limit
Old 19-10-2005 | 11:50 PM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

Old 20-10-2005 | 12:13 AM
Cam
PassionFord Post Whore!!

IIRC its being marketed as the Nissan GTR not the new Skyline GTR. It seems a definite that it will not be powered by an RB26 twin turbo motor but a 3.5L or 4.0L VG series derived motor (V6 ala 350Z)making circa 400bhp in std trim. I just hope they keep the Attessa 4wd and that it is as over-engineered as the existing GTRs making tuning to serious levels possible. VVT and a DSG gearbox would be nice as well.
I am pretty sure it will subtlely change style wise before launch time in 2007.
I am on for having one as and when they are proven.
Old 20-10-2005 | 12:19 AM
Stuart.W
Regular Contributor

It looks like a 350Z which also looks SH1T TOO

The ONLY proper looking skyline is an R34
Old 20-10-2005 | 06:58 AM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Originally Posted by b19bal
Steve no offence but you stated it was soft as fuck cut, now it a harsh soft cut

im telling you that there is no soft cut about it, no matter what you say about the technical side of it the rev cut limit is to harsh for a road car, doing over 140ish ( estimate though but i know the acctual limit is 155) and the car drops off and its not what i expected is not a soft in anyway at all and tbh its dangerous ( hard to complain about though )

but no matter the techy,it aint soft cut is, that is not soft its hard

now i understand you prob thought i was taking shite as you always think i do because you feel you know alot about me and what i say must be crap as you dont belive it, i personally dont belive you have ever hit the limiter in a 350z as you would not call is soft as fuck

no offence but if it wasnt for the other guy posting this would be another thread of you stating i know nothing and claim im talking crap

its a hard cut, its not soft, a hard cut is a cut that stops, not revs

ask anyone to discribe hard and soft and tell me if they say the engine stalls for a sec and a soft cut is either a ignition or a fuel cut

they say hard is a bastard and soft means you can bang it off the limiter for fun just to see the black clouds
Oh get a fucking grip Ginge
You was a fucking temp delivery boy for Nissan for a week and you think you their official tester or something

Its a SOFT CUT LIMITER.
It only feels like it stops so abruptly as the car is still accelerating at the limiter. Its still soft, its quiet, the revs dont drop hugely, its soft.
Most modern quick (not super quick but even TDCI mondeos FFS) turbo diesels have a limiter thats just as "hard".
Might stop the acceleration more rapidly than most limiters you used to (im sure youve hit so many in your career as chief test driver for everything ) but its not a hard cut.

Like fucking said, hard cuts literally cut the ignition or fuel totally for a second, revs drop and it feels like the cars stalled. 350Z might suddenly stop accelerating, but it dont fucking do that.

Christ, I log on quickly to send a PM and Ginge has wrote a new chapter.

To sum up, you might feel its hard, i dont particularly, but either way, its a soft cut limiter.
Old 20-10-2005 | 07:52 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

AFPMSL @ Steve

Personally think it looks pretty good
Old 20-10-2005 | 07:59 AM
Kev.H
PassionFord Post Whore!!

that looks wicked
Old 20-10-2005 | 07:58 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

steve my point was you stated its soft as fuck
, thats why i was asking

was also asking how it was actually done, ie a soft cuts the ignition for short bursts as far as i was aware, just wondering how the hard cuts work

as for being a cheif tester

steve tell me what actual access to fast cars you have on the road at anytime, as for being a delivery boy, driving all the nissans as that was my ONLY job all day for 6 weeks and i worked 45 to 50 hours a week means i prob had alot more access than most people to certain cars, i still have access to all types of ford shite and mazda shite at work hence why im asking

sitting as a passenger or taking a quick blast of a car you are writing about dont quite make you a expert too

hence why you gave the when i said it was hard cut, i always thought that hard cut refered to the way the car reacted when you hit the limiter or wouldnt they just call it a ignition cut, fuel cut limiter

this aint a dig this is a serious question and wondering what the correct reply is as im sure that im not the only ignorant one and you obviously know all about fast cars working as a staff writer
Old 20-10-2005 | 08:01 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by Chipperx2
Originally Posted by Alloy
I think it's about time Ford pull the finger out and build a car to rival the Skyline!

Any day of the week mate
Isn't that the one with cart horse technology rear beam?
Old 20-10-2005 | 08:04 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

eh?

i dont really understand (or care quite frankly, but you keep on) your last chapter to ginges book of cars

ive explained what a hard cut is already on this thread a few times, and why the 350 isnt hitting the hard cut.

im not really sure i understand what the rest is about, you implying you get to drive a lot more fast cars a lot harder than i do i think im not sure what you mean, but its funny either way.
Old 20-10-2005 | 08:10 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Originally Posted by Oranoco
Originally Posted by Chipperx2
Originally Posted by Alloy
I think it's about time Ford pull the finger out and build a car to rival the Skyline!

Any day of the week mate
Isn't that the one with cart horse technology rear beam?
Ive no idea what rear beam they have, but ive seen them rince E46 M3 GTR race cars in circuit events in the USA
Old 20-10-2005 | 08:12 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

steve FFS im asking what the hard cut limit does technically, because i told understand how it works

so far ive discovered there ignition cut and fuel cut limit, ignition makes the repetative noise, the fuel dont ( just wondering the reason why)

and the hard cut stalls the car as in it cuts the fuel and the ignition for a second together

thats what im asking
Old 20-10-2005 | 08:15 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

actually steve what cars have a hard cut limit ( real one) that i can get me hands on to see the difference

supose i could get a hard cut fitted to my sierra when its mapped to see the difference

as i seriously cant imagine a much harder cut than that
Old 20-10-2005 | 08:18 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

ignition cut makes a bang wether it soft or hard cut as you cutting the ignition so the unburnt fuel either ignites in the exhaust or is ignited by one of the sparks that isnt cut.

fuel cut dont as the ignition works as standard and with no fuel how the fuck can there be a bang.

ive already explained in the thread the difference between hard and soft cut and why, more than once, but just for special people i explained again on that new thread you started.

your sierra has got a hard cut, same as all cars have, after the soft cut, incase it fails, you just wont hit it unless you do summat crazy like change down accidently over-revving the car wildly.
Old 20-10-2005 | 08:23 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

cheers steve ive seen the reply and i know do understand what it means

seriously thats what i was trying to get my head round, i know i may seem a idiot but if i dont know then i may as well learn