General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Rs gus's old saph has been written off *now with pics*

Search this Thread

Old 15-10-2005, 11:33 AM
marco polo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

very sad hope everyone is ok looked a vey nice motor same really

Marco
Old 15-10-2005, 01:53 PM
paul16v
Monte 087

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by b19bal
hello every 1 im ginge btw.

ARE YOU BOLLOCKS !!!!!!, you got another name on this site,,,,,,,,, from know on you will be known as teddy !!!!!!!

IM GINGE

YOU ARE TEDDY !!!!

just so we clear that up

hope ya mate is felling better now TEDDY (!!!!!)

phil have you even hit ice on the road, i hit a sheet of it onthe top of hill on boxing day in the cossie and i was only doing 10mph, car just slid and i was aiming for the pavement ( i remember shouting "my wheels, dont hurt my wheels again')

anyway i gained grip as the ice patch ended but even at that speed i had no control what so ever
TEDDY? Lol i think you must have your wires crossed ?
Old 15-10-2005, 02:12 PM
DazC
10K+ Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by paul16v
hello every 1 im ginge btw.

ARE YOU BOLLOCKS !!!!!!, you got another name on this site,,,,,,,,, from know on you will be known as teddy !!!!!!!

IM GINGE

YOU ARE TEDDY !!!!

just so we clear that up

hope ya mate is felling better now TEDDY (!!!!!)

phil have you even hit ice on the road, i hit a sheet of it onthe top of hill on boxing day in the cossie and i was only doing 10mph, car just slid and i was aiming for the pavement ( i remember shouting "my wheels, dont hurt my wheels again')

anyway i gained grip as the ice patch ended but even at that speed i had no control what so ever
TEDDY? Lol i think you must have your wires crossed ?
Ginge,

Ignore our other Ginge, he is a bit strange!
Old 15-10-2005, 02:17 PM
bones96
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

i like saffshad 2 me self before the kids came along
Old 15-10-2005, 02:31 PM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

sorry to see this.

On the other note, the poor bloke that was lifted to hospital with 2 broken knees and a broken arm will suffer now probably for the rest of his life - knees are delicate and have to be looked after properly. I know I have had 2 knee ops and my knee is still fooked.
Old 15-10-2005, 02:55 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its ok daz, ill ignore him
Old 15-10-2005, 03:31 PM
DazC
10K+ Poster!!

its ok daz, ill ignore him
I wasn't talking to you!!!
Old 15-10-2005, 03:32 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Old 15-10-2005, 04:34 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

its dicko's fiancee here, im stating this before people start mouthing off at me for this reply to the post.

at the end of the day, there was an accident caused by diesel on the road, our friend Bri's car is now totally and utterly wrecked, and there was a man with very nasty injuries, yet certain members on here deem it neccessary to say very out of order imo comments about what they " presume " happened.

i really cant understand how people who know nothing about the circumstances start mouthing off calling people " boy racers who were on boost/speeding blah blah blah "

at the end of the day whats done is done and i dont see how slagging him off is helping, the thread wasnt started so everyone could get their 2pence worth and decide what happened, imo one of the biggest problems on every single forum ive ever been on is its considered " acceptable" to criticise, abuse and comment on what happened without actually thinking of the poor lad whos car is now a mashed up lump of metal

the original - who the fook u think you are shouting your mouth off about who was driving the wrong speed in the wrong conditions? were you there? are you god? i think not! you have presumed and started blabbing off without knowing ANY of the facts... and deeming him a boy racer cos he drives a cossie? bit contradictory on a ford site really isnt it? another keyboard warrior i suspect.

Bri- sorry about the car, least its all in pieces now, ul get sorted eventually mate, i know how gutted you were from the look on your face today as we were dismantling it.

for the record i drive this road every single day on my way to work, it is a lethal road, there are so many accidents on it, its unreal, i know a few ppl who have lost their parents, brothers sisters etc, at least it wasnt another fatality to the list, just a bit of damaged pride and a wrecked cossie

Sarah
Old 15-10-2005, 05:16 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

diko cant belive ya pretending to be ya missus just so ya can post what ya feel

on a serious note i do agree to a point EXCEPT it cant be that bad a road or it wouldnt have that much diesel on it

BUT im not blaming him in anyway as all of us have had close calls and in powerfull cars we are more prone to not making it

thats why i got a rwd cossie and 4wd cossies are dangerous
Old 15-10-2005, 05:40 PM
Damo V
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Damo V
Out of interest what is the speed limit on that road? 50MPH?
??
Old 15-10-2005, 05:46 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

diko cant belive ya pretending to be ya missus just so ya can post what ya feel

on a serious note i do agree to a point EXCEPT it cant be that bad a road or it wouldnt have that much diesel on it

BUT im not blaming him in anyway as all of us have had close calls and in powerfull cars we are more prone to not making it

thats why i got a rwd cossie and 4wd cossies are dangerous
ya jokin arent ya he wouldnt even know where to start!!!! lol

it is a really bad road, its quite a busy one on weekdays, goes between 2 small towns

and the speed limit on that road is 40mph
Old 15-10-2005, 05:47 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

then he was tecnically speeding in the pics,,,,,,,, not saying its a bad thing as i dont do 40 past schools
Old 15-10-2005, 05:50 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Hitting diesel is like hitting ICE even doing 40mph on th enose virtually no speed would have been scrubbed off during the slide before impact. Two cars both travelling in opposite directions both doing 40mph will give a collision speed of 80mph.
Old 15-10-2005, 05:52 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

then he was tecnically speeding in the pics,,,,,,,, not saying its a bad thing as i dont do 40 past schools
from the pics how can you possible determine he was speeding????????

even the police said he wasnt, that road is lethal and is ridden with cops at the best of times, i know what sort of driver he is and he doesnt speed anyway, and 99.9% of people dont on that road because of the amount of accidents on it

and its nowhere near a school. the school is about a mile from that road, there are very rarely any pedestrians

Sarah
Old 15-10-2005, 05:52 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Oranoco
Hitting diesel is like hitting ICE even doing 40mph on th enose virtually no speed would have been scrubbed off during the slide before impact. Two cars both travelling in opposite directions both doing 40mph will give a collision speed of 80mph.

finally someone with some sense

Old 15-10-2005, 05:53 PM
Damo V
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Right I aint starting an arguement or ending one, but even though the police state they aint taking it further, it DOESNT Mean the driver wasnt speeding, it simply means they CANT prove it...

BUT As I said first off could happen to any of us... AT any time....

It also looks like the road has been freshly re-tarmac'd, which would help to explain the slipperyness and the rainbow effect
Old 15-10-2005, 05:56 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Damo V
Right I aint starting an arguement or ending one, but even though the police state they aint taking it further, it DOESNT Mean the driver wasnt speeding, it simply means they CANT prove it...

BUT As I said first off could happen to any of us... AT any time....

It also looks like the road has been freshly re-tarmac'd, which would help to explain the slipperyness and the rainbow effect

it aint been resurfaced in years

the fact that big fuck off tankers are allowed down that road annoys me anyway, nevermind the fact they spill fookin diesel all over the twatting place causing so many RTA's really REALLY annoys me

Old 15-10-2005, 05:58 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Received 106 Likes on 93 Posts

i spy with my little eye, something beinging with FUCKED

jees, hope everyone is ok, and the chap with the fooked knees recovers ok
Old 15-10-2005, 06:02 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

now get off ya high horse for 1 moment

now ya neck is back in ill tell ya

LOOK AT THE DAMAGE !!!!, a car thats sliding on diesel wont have a front end that bad, especially if all of ya where sliding all over the place ect, infact the road should have been covered if that was the case

as for the school, that was MY comment about MY driving

and please for the love of god do not claim a person buys a 300bhp car and does not speed in a 40mph zone or on a motorway as thats is plan and simply BOLLOX !!!!

BUT even if he was doing 300mph that wasnt the reason why he crashed, can crash on diesel doing 10mph ( hell i almost on ice doing 10mph )

the reason he crashed was the surface of the road, theres not even a lesson to be learned as if he hit diesel again in a 1.0 metro he will still loose control

hope ya understand what i mean,,,,,,,,, but no way was he doing 40, ive seen gus's white saph after he crashed his car doing 40mph, never looked like that
Old 15-10-2005, 06:10 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

now get off ya high horse for 1 moment

now ya neck is back in ill tell ya

LOOK AT THE DAMAGE !!!!, a car thats sliding on diesel wont have a front end that bad, especially if all of ya where sliding all over the place ect, infact the road should have been covered if that was the case

as for the school, that was MY comment about MY driving

and please for the love of god do not claim a person buys a 300bhp car and does not speed in a 40mph zone or on a motorway as thats is plan and simply BOLLOX !!!!

BUT even if he was doing 300mph that wasnt the reason why he crashed, can crash on diesel doing 10mph ( hell i almost on ice doing 10mph )

the reason he crashed was the surface of the road, theres not even a lesson to be learned as if he hit diesel again in a 1.0 metro he will still loose control

hope ya understand what i mean,,,,,,,,, but no way was he doing 40, ive seen gus's white saph after he crashed his car doing 40mph, never looked like that

yes ive looked at the damage, seen the car in the flesh many times since then, and unlike you, have also seen and driven that road every day for the past 5 years, i know the surface of the road, the barriers etc etc, and from the damage, yes ill agree it does look bad for a 40mph crash, but 2 cars hitting each other, both travelling 40mph is hardly going to result in a scratched bumper and a buckled wheel is it

and Gus' white saph may have not looked like that, but did he hit another car head on??????? at the same angle???????

i aint on my high horse mate, im merely pointing out that half the people on this board seem to be jumping to conclusions and blaming Brian for the accident, when its blatantly obvious that its the driver of the diesel truck that decided to leak all over the bloody road thats responsible
you can see the amount of diesel on that road, i mean come on the policeman FELL OVER when walking in it, so i disagree that you cant cause that sort of damage when skidding on the stuff

Sarah
Old 15-10-2005, 06:16 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

the other thing i would say is if the road is a hazzard then why use it,,,,,,, and why di 40mph when going over it

theres a huge dent at the end of my road, now my road it quite long and wide and i can PERSONALLY get my cossie to just over 80 on it,,,,,, but as theres a dent in the road now and its getting worse i dont drive my cossie down that section and when i drive me cabrio i dont go over 20mph as the car jumps and you cant brake ect when ya hit it

AND IM NOT BLAMING THE POOR BLOKE !!!!< ITS NOT HIS FAULT THERES ANY KIND OF SPILLAGE FFS

but i dont belive he was doing 40mph, i recon he was doing about 50ish as most people in life do 10mph over the limit untill they see a copper, hence why speed cameras are a problem
Old 15-10-2005, 06:21 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

because its the only road from that town to the next one so there is no choice unless you want to do a 20 mile detour onto the dual carriageway, and why do 40 on it? cos its the speed limit of that road obviously i have to drive that road every day, i dont know if Brian does, i very much doubt it, and i very much doubt he will be driving that road again in the near future,

at the end of the day you can believe what you like mate, as i am doin and im sure everyone else is, and i aint sayin your blaming him just to me seems like your picking arguments for the sake of it, theres no need to "ffs" at me, im only stating my point.

Sarah

RANT OVER

til someone else starts annoying me anyway
Old 15-10-2005, 06:27 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

theres no need to "ffs" at me
it wasnt AT you

im not picking a argument, just stating what the honest people belive, just cause some one hasnt mentioned the ketchup on you tie doesnt mean its not been there from lunch
Old 16-10-2005, 11:12 PM
saff_cossie
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Dicko
from the pics how can you possible determine he was speeding????????

even the police said he wasnt, that road is lethal and is ridden with cops at the best of times, i know what sort of driver he is and he doesnt speed anyway, and 99.9% of people dont on that road because of the amount of accidents on it

and its nowhere near a school. the school is about a mile from that road, there are very rarely any pedestrians

Sarah
Firstly, I am sorry for the injuries caused to the other party as they sound severe and as RAN SS said, knees are bad news. I am not jumping on the band wagon, so will neither defend nor criticise the cossie driver as I simply dont know.

All I will say is I spent 20 years of my life next to the A339 which for many years and may still be considered the 2nd most dangerous stretch of road in the country. Getting to my grandparents place meant travelling down that a good once a month and my old man worked in a school on that road so accidents and reports were all too common.

I consider myself a reasonable driver, not great but there are plenty worse. Having owned a stage 1 cossie, I did speed, I admit that. It is hard not to at some point. I left mine to the motorways.

Ginge (The actual Ginge ), I actually agree with you on that point about big power and not speeding (cant remember the exact words). No one can come on here and say they own a cossie and have never exceeded the speed limit and for the record, I drive more sedately with passengers in the car so when no one is in the car, who knows.

Back to the first paragraph. I am reserving judgement but definately dont agree with the never speeds bit. I also doubt the 99.9% of drivers bit as the A339 is crawling with police and bikes and cars still insist on exceeding 60mph comfortably as most people flash to let each know when to slow down. Kind of like when the teacher wasnt looking at school, the kids misbehave.

I am writing as much as Ginge now, whats happening me to me, I have Ginge Flu!