General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

working in the U.S.A

Search this Thread

Old 13-10-2005, 01:54 PM
bolski

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default working in the U.S.A

how the best way of working in usa i.e trying to get a green!
i think they only give out 50,000 a year .
has someone done it b4??
Old 13-10-2005, 02:04 PM
Sean_RS
Advanced PassionFord User

You have the best chances if your a doctor, nurse, teacher...
Old 13-10-2005, 02:29 PM
kouzman
PassionFord Regular

i ll be moving in NYC in a couple of months. I live in Athens, Greece now. My wife's greek-american. she was born and grew up there, but she moved to Greece for a couple of years. Now we are moving back, which is a bit easier as i get the card faster.

currently i work for a consulting firm for 3 years so finding a job won't be very difficult. and they pay MUCH better there, than Greece.

The only thing that sucks is that the americans know shit about cossies and they are crazy about imports...

however buying a 03-04 EVO 8 for just 23-24 thousand USD is a bargain!!!! thats less than 20 thousand Euro or around 13 thousand pounds...

hope to make money fast in order to buy and import an all original RS500. Simply the greatest car ever...
Old 13-10-2005, 02:36 PM
bolski

so wot's or who is the best place to go to to try and get a green card?
Old 13-10-2005, 03:08 PM
Alloy
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

I have give some thought to this before too.

Try your local paper bolski, there's always advertisement's in the job section.
Old 13-10-2005, 04:10 PM
Keith B
Advanced PassionFord User

Bolski - the procedure is that first of all you get a job over here and they will issue you with some form of visa like an H1, H1B or L type visa. You then can apply for Green card status and its a lottery as to how long it takes but recon on 3-4 years.
Old 13-10-2005, 05:15 PM
JAP CRAP
PassionFord Post Whore!!

me and Aj are hoping to go out there asap to work also

however, we both only have sales experience really, so I might have to put his ass out on the streets to pay the rent

Trending Topics

Old 13-10-2005, 06:20 PM
nickyboy
PassionFord Regular

The Green Card lottery doesnt apply to UK citizens, luckily my Step Mum is American and is applying for me and being my sponsor.

You really need a secured job and referees before they will consider you, best to do a search on the net for some info
Old 14-10-2005, 12:21 AM
svony
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kouzman
i ll be moving in NYC in a couple of months. I live in Athens, Greece now. My wife's greek-american. she was born and grew up there, but she moved to Greece for a couple of years. Now we are moving back, which is a bit easier as i get the card faster.

currently i work for a consulting firm for 3 years so finding a job won't be very difficult. and they pay MUCH better there, than Greece.

The only thing that sucks is that the americans know shit about cossies and they are crazy about imports...

however buying a 03-04 EVO 8 for just 23-24 thousand USD is a bargain!!!! thats less than 20 thousand Euro or around 13 thousand pounds...

hope to make money fast in order to buy and import an all original RS500. Simply the greatest car ever...
Let me be the first to welcome you to the NYC area, I'm origanally from NYC but moved to NJ (neighbouring state). My old academy buddy is from Greece also.

We may not know shit about cossies but we learning real fast Seriously, I have learned so much in the past year of building my car. Another PF member also has a 3dr Cosworth here and there are a few more scattered around the country.

The EVOs are cheap considering what you get but the insurance is way too high.

The RS500 is the only Sierra allowed to be imported to the states (because of the limited production numbers), you can bring ans Esco though, cost about 10 grand to covert to US regulations.

If anyone needs a reference let me know...

Wes.
Old 14-10-2005, 02:01 AM
saff_cossie
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by nickyboy
The Green Card lottery doesnt apply to UK citizens, luckily my Step Mum is American and is applying for me and being my sponsor.

You really need a secured job and referees before they will consider you, best to do a search on the net for some info
That is the extent of my knowledge as well as I have looked into it. It is also worked off of your birth country not just citizenship as I am an Australian Permanent resident and my girlfriend is an aussie born. As a result, even if we are married, she is eligible to enter the lottery and I cant as I am British born. There are some US forums with legal experts on I used a while back. If you can get round the crap adverts that seem to be everywhere, they are most helpful.
Old 14-10-2005, 06:16 AM
turboxr
Part of the Furniture

come on over mate! You're all welcome here!