General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

RE: CARWISE STATEMENT - WHY HAS THIS BEEN MOVED

Search this Thread

Old 27-09-2005, 08:00 PM
Diablo
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CARWISE STATEMENT - WHY HAS THIS BEEN MOVED

Can someone please explain why, following on from one of the most appalling threads I have ever seen on any forum, the victim puts up a perfectly reasonable post in an effort to repair the damage done to his reputation and business, only to have it moved from the main forum???

Even PF Administrators have to be held to account...
Old 27-09-2005, 08:04 PM
Damo V
PassionFord Post Whore!!

its here

https://passionford.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=146232
Old 27-09-2005, 08:07 PM
Eagle
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

was nothing to do with me .. sorry
Old 27-09-2005, 08:09 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Diablo,
Who do you think your talking to about being "Held to account"?

After doing a hard days work and logging into a load of complaints via PM about this topic I personally moved it to the dummy room where all this argumentative garbage belongs, as per the forum rules. If you wish to continue arguing, feel free to do so kids, its all still there, its just away from the mainstream so as not to annoy users who wish to talk about more pleasant things.

On top of this, there was apparently a larger topic by Cam that someone has actually DELETED. Ive yet to get to the bottom of that one, but that was another waste of 30mins of my life reading PM's and E-Mails and would also have been dumped in the dummy room once arguing started.

If YOU USERS could actually keep a thread ON TOPIC like adults and not let it degenerate into threats and arguments like whinging schoolkids, then THE WEBTEAM would have no bloody need to move it to a more suitable room in the first place would we?
Old 27-09-2005, 08:10 PM
Damo V
PassionFord Post Whore!!

No disrespect to Dave or Stu but the above post is exactly why it shouldve stayed in Gen discussion IMO

WHat I mean is Dave obviously hasnt seen the REPLY by Carwise ... as per my post on the actual thread..
Old 27-09-2005, 08:31 PM
Rsmat
300+

Received 585 Likes on 517 Posts
Default Re: RE: CARWISE STATEMENT - WHY HAS THIS BEEN MOVED

Originally Posted by Diablo

sorry m8 but i think ur out of order there. like stu says

coming home from a hard days work to find emails and PMs

not really fair to av argueing going on in GD when other people

are trying to use the forum aswell .
Old 27-09-2005, 08:34 PM
The Sludge
garibaldi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

agree with stu on this from past experience
Old 27-09-2005, 08:37 PM
Diablo

Stu,

So Administrators shouldn’t be held to account for their actions? Is there anything factually incorrect about what I have said? Like it or not, it’s a fact and it applies to you too…I asked a simple question, and expect a simple answer.

As far as I was able to follow the thread in question, not being a Gold Member, it didn’t seem particularly argumentative to me??

FYI, Cam asked for the original thread to be deleted.
Old 27-09-2005, 08:43 PM
Diablo

Default Re: RE: CARWISE STATEMENT - WHY HAS THIS BEEN MOVED

Originally Posted by rsmat

sorry m8 but i think ur out of order there. like stu says

coming home from a hard days work to find emails and PMs

not really fair to av argueing going on in GD when other people

are trying to use the forum aswell .
I know where your coming from. Its just that I have seen this happen a number of times.

The original thread was overtly argumentative and derogatory, yet that was allowed to run for 5 pages, 5000+ viewers. The thread in question was nothing of the sort.

I guess I was just trying to understand the rationale for these decisions, that’s all?
Old 27-09-2005, 09:17 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

It was the tone of your statement i took objection to. Did you have some reason not to simply ask in a polite manner why teh topic had been moved to teh correct room?

As for teh other topic, like i say, its irrelevant to me as i havent seen it, and if it should have been moved and wasnt, then the webteam are lacking and for that i appologise as that really IS down to me.

Since the original thread has been deleted, the new one is actually out of context and thus ideally should be binned also, which is what i may well do since everyones so bloody upset about me moving it.

Get a life eh chaps? Or at the very least a DVD.
Old 27-09-2005, 09:20 PM
Rab
Fucking superstar........

Originally Posted by Stu @ M Developments
Get a life eh chaps? Or at the very least a DVD.

or watch Dawn of The Dead BBC1 1145PM.
Old 27-09-2005, 09:58 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Stu,

Like it or not, it’s a fact and it applies to you too…I asked a simple question, and expect a simple answer.

Even my 3 year old nephew takes exception to being spoken to like that....after all Stu does for us too You could at least be more civil.
Old 27-09-2005, 10:21 PM
Cam
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Stu,

So Administrators shouldn’t be held to account for their actions? Is there anything factually incorrect about what I have said? Like it or not, it’s a fact and it applies to you too…I asked a simple question, and expect a simple answer.

As far as I was able to follow the thread in question, not being a Gold Member, it didn’t seem particularly argumentative to me??

Narinder,

After initially asking for the irrelevant crap to be pruned from the thread just leaving my posts, Neils posts, the guy who chimed in (with posts 2 and 4) plus I maybe should have included SECS post but as I quoted it in my reply/apology to it I thought it was self explaining.
The reason I asked for it to be deleted was that I was made aware that links had been posted to the thread on other sites.

Cam
Old 27-09-2005, 10:29 PM
Zetec Andy
10K+ Poster!!

The reason I asked for it to be deleted was that I was made aware that links had been posted to the thread on other sites.
Cam, did you ask for it to be deleted or moved to the sinbin? and who did you ask pal?
Old 27-09-2005, 10:41 PM
Cam
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I PMed MikeR requesting it be deleted but meant placed in sinbin. I didn't realise that material could be permanantly deleted and thought that deleted and placed in sinbin were one and the same. Mike only did what I requested but I requested the wrong thing and its completely my mistake sorry.

Cam
Old 27-09-2005, 10:42 PM
Zetec Andy
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Cam
I PMed MikeR requesting it be deleted but meant placed in sinbin. I didn't realise that material could be permanantly deleted and thought that deleted and placed in sinbin were one and the same. Mike only did what I requested but I requested the wrong thing and its completely my mistake sorry.

Cam
No worries mate, just wanted to clear something up
Old 27-09-2005, 10:48 PM
Cam
PassionFord Post Whore!!

When I saw the depths the thread had sunk too I asked for it to be locked by Graceland last night then asked Eagle for it to be reopened as Neil PMed me this morning saying he was wanting to respond and understandably Neil was not happy about the tone of some 3rd parties comments and I fully agreed with him.

Cam
Old 28-09-2005, 07:03 AM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

the tread shouldnt had been left to get that messy in the first place , goes past a sense of humor to borderline sick

jay
Old 28-09-2005, 07:09 AM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Cam
You mean replies from idiots like YUM , who dont know all the facts and just presume he has the means to decide who is right and who is wrong ???????

Im not saying either party is right or wrong as i dont know the facts myself so because of this i will not respond with childish remarks until i do

Paul

ps,
Sorry but i also find it hard to understand how the first post ,by Cam lasted 5 pages and 5000 views before removed ( and then only removed by Cams wishes ) and yet Neils reply was removed within hours
Seems unfair to me as 5000 people saw the Cam post and yet it has been removed i understand in normal sercumstances Neils might as well be removed but in this case i feel it should be put back so that 5000 people can see his reply as he has the right to try to explain his side .

Paul
Old 28-09-2005, 08:38 AM
Diablo

Cam[/quote]

Agreed. That was the appropriate action.
Old 28-09-2005, 08:55 AM
Jay,
Sponsor

so what is this exactly is the policy here you can make one or two look idiots but when the site is up to look like it that cant happen unreal if it was good enough for pf readers and members to see why not everyone else ,after all it was the way the sites run thats got it to here

jay
Old 28-09-2005, 08:58 AM
y
Virgin

If YOU USERS could actually keep a thread ON TOPIC like adults and not let it degenerate into threats and arguments like whinging schoolkids, then THE WEBTEAM would have no bloody need to move it to a more suitable room in the first place would we?
..............................but what you should also mention is that the web team are extremely bias to to certain people/companies etc which is also a msssive factor on what happens to the kind of threads in question!
Old 28-09-2005, 09:01 AM
Jay,
Sponsor

Originally Posted by y
..............................but what you should also mention is that the web team are extremely bias to to certain people/companies etc which is also a msssive factor on what happens to the kind of threads in question!
aint this the truth it didnt matter because it wasnt wreckin there favourite cossie shop and prob found it quite funny in a sick sort of way

jay
Old 28-09-2005, 10:26 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by y
but what you should also mention is that the web team are extremely bias to to certain people/companies etc which is also a msssive factor on what happens to the kind of threads in question!
Sorry, don't see that at all.

However, with your 4 posts, you must have seen so many more threads than me
Old 28-09-2005, 10:48 AM
Cam
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by NORTH YORKS RS SPARES
Cam
You mean replies from idiots like YUM , who dont know all the facts and just presume he has the means to decide who is right and who is wrong ???????
No not at all. The way Neil responded when he eventually did respond was taking the fucking piss and making out like what I had said was bullshit. Have you noticed that his response in this statement doesn't actually address the true issue - namely what I stated being true.

Im not saying either party is right or wrong as i dont know the facts myself so because of this i will not respond with childish remarks until i do
The situation is pretty clear now Paul but I understand you not wanting to commit to any side but the facts are -
1, Neil got the money
2, Neil spent the money
3, 10 months later I still dont have my money back
4, I think I have been more than reasonable and then to have the kind of replies I initially got from Neil.was a piss take.

ps,
Sorry but i also find it hard to understand how the first post ,by Cam lasted 5 pages and 5000 views before removed ( and then only removed by Cams wishes ) and yet Neils reply was removed within hours
Seems unfair to me as 5000 people saw the Cam post and yet it has been removed i understand in normal sercumstances Neils might as well be removed but in this case i feel it should be put back so that 5000 people can see his reply as he has the right to try to explain his side .
Paul
As Neil hasn't addressed the issue publically but rather asked questions about whether there is anyone else who has complaints of a similar nature, the effect abusive emails/pms have had that were nothing to do with me and requested other customers who were satisfied to post I dont see his statement as particularly relevent other than an attempt to change the direction to the effect its had on him.
What *should* have been stated by Neil imo is what he is planning to do to rectify the situation about the return of the money.
Old 28-09-2005, 10:52 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Stu,

IF you GENUINELY care enough about the forum to want to have an input into how its run then surely you must also care enough to contribute to how its funded, so how come you arent a gold member?

I think that mods moving things to the dummy room is a perfectly acceptable way of maintaining decorum in the general section.
Old 28-09-2005, 10:54 AM
y
Virgin

Originally Posted by RichardPON
Originally Posted by y
but what you should also mention is that the web team are extremely bias to to certain people/companies etc which is also a msssive factor on what happens to the kind of threads in question!

Well I do see it and my post count means nothing. I regularly read PF but don't really have much time or interest in posting.

The only reason I am registered is because of the recent changes which mean you can't see the main forum without being logged in.

I find it quite amusing that I know how more or less what will happened to certain threads depending who is involved!!LOL
Old 28-09-2005, 11:10 AM
Diablo

IF you GENUINELY care enough about the forum to want to have an input into how its run then surely you must also care enough to contribute to how its funded, so how come you arent a gold member?

I took issue with the administration of the forum. How exactly will my Ł20 contribution impact that?
Old 28-09-2005, 11:14 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by y
Originally Posted by y

I don't really have much interest in posting.
ROFL - do you REALLY want me to continue?
Old 28-09-2005, 11:31 AM
Clare
PassionFord Post Whore!!

From an outsiders point of view....... its my understanding that a post will only be locked / moved etc...

1) If the author requests it
2) If the people / company it is in reference to request it
3) If it jeopardises the legal integrity of PF
4) The content causes offence ie: racial

Im sure had Neil put in a request to one of the Mods then the post would have been dealt with much earlier on rather than letting it go on to 5 pages.
Blaming the Admin team for not acting sooner isn't on, they aren't mind readers.

Ps: I hope CAM sees his money sometime soon, I know whats its like to trust someone with a large sum of money then see nothing in return
Old 28-09-2005, 11:44 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

jaycos,
so what is this exactly is the policy here you can make one or two look idiots but when the site is up to look like it that cant happen unreal
Do you want to try that again without the beer?

y,
Example?

Diablo,
I took issue with the administration of the forum. How exactly will my Ł20 contribution impact that?
I expect Rich's point was, if you were a gold member you could still read it. I expect the only reason your annoyed is that you cant see whats going on and you feel left out. Otherwise, who cares what room its in?
Old 28-09-2005, 11:50 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Originally Posted by Clare
1) If the author requests it
2) If the people / company it is in reference to request it
3) If it jeopardises the legal integrity of PF
4) The content causes offence ie: racial
5)
If it becomes a heated argument and people "Spit their dummy" it will then be sent to the aproppriately titled room which was opened after a particularly messy Topic some months ago that left me searching for a solution that retained teh forums freedom of speech but didnt upset the members who dont wish to see it at the top of general discuss for days. It is IMO a perfect solution and as far as im concerned, only Gold Members need the right to be able to view it as they are the reason the forum exists and thus, in my eyes have somewhat more say in what topics they can and cannot view than a user who merely uses PF as a free forum for their enjoyment and pleasure.

Hope this helps... and if not, try; http://www.odeon.co.uk
Thats where i am whilst you lot argue and insult each other
Old 28-09-2005, 11:52 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by y

Totally agree
Old 28-09-2005, 11:59 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Can we please have an example of this bias?
Old 28-09-2005, 12:11 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

[quote="Stu @ M Developments"]
jaycos,
so what is this exactly is the policy here you can make one or two look idiots but when the site is up to look like it that cant happen unreal
Do you want to try that again without the beer?

well its simple its ok to make individuals look bad and becomes a free for all but as soon as its linked somewhere else oh no that cant happen .

also if pf is a site for ford enthusiasts does it make a diff if you have paid 20.00 made 1 or 60.000 posts
and if y is a true user name does he need to explain his knowledge of the forums . you can see most of the time when a thread is started by the first replies that its goin tits up or not

this post is my own opinion oh and i dont drink stu just having my say in future ill spell everthing out so theres no misunderstanding

jay
Old 28-09-2005, 12:16 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

jaycos,
well its simple its ok to make individuals look bad and becomes a free for all but as soon as its linked somewhere else oh no that cant happen .
Absolute rubbish. Go and look in teh dummy room and show me just ONE SINGLE example of external linking being the reason the topic is in there. I will hang about here for your reply.

jaycos,
as soon as its linked somewhere else oh no that cant happen .
Are you saying you think that more damage should have been done to peoples reputations by allowing links to teh whole world and maybe even an advert in teh sun? You would then be happier? Nice.

jaycos,
also if pf is a site for ford enthusiasts does it make a diff if you have paid 20.00 made 1 or 60.000 posts
It makes a difference as the folk who choose to fund its existence get access to certain rooms and benefits in return for their support. The dummy room is one of them.

jaycos,
in future ill spell everthing out so theres no misunderstanding
If you did spell it out the rest of us would have been able to understand it Jay. I wasnt being funny, i genuinely couldnt understand your post and couldnt glean a question from the words.
Old 28-09-2005, 12:46 PM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

ATleast Stu gives uis the cnace to deate such topics,there many websites where you wouldnt ven get the chance to do so.

Plus members would have instant bans.

Stu and the webteam cant please everyone,so some feel one or two of the webteam may not be the best.

But if everyone could be pleased all the time this bb not be what it is today.

Ohj yeah I got a post count of 24000+ but people treat the same as if I have 12 posts or my total.

Not many websites are as freindly as this one on the whole
Old 28-09-2005, 12:47 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Originally Posted by y
Originally Posted by y

I don't really have much interest in posting.
ROFL - do you REALLY want me to continue?
this is what i mean stu why do people have to bully or make them look stupid this what u get when you do post , so what do you do on when you want to post on here do it with your guard up waiting for some clever person to rip it apart .

im saying stu that the cam thread should have gone before it went out of control it seemed to be ok to stay there as long as a person was gettin shafted but as soon as it was linked to another forum thats different bcause it ruins pf and ur stature, personal deals should stay that way and if when its finished the court rules niel pays then fine but it aint finished so what did it achieve and what is it going to

jay

Quick Reply: RE: CARWISE STATEMENT - WHY HAS THIS BEEN MOVED