General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Doubt i will be doing national day track time again....

Search this Thread

Old 21-08-2005, 09:16 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Doubt i will be doing national day track time again....

Its to expensive.....plain as....

And the amount of people who think a garaged road car is up to track action is fooking shocking.....

Maybe full noise but you get fuck all track time for the 150 quid spent...

If your car has troubles....you come in and fix it....1 lap...

3 laps group is in...

Thats the time that the novice group foooked up the whole day.....

What a farse....

Croft as i organise as track is run so much better than national day for last 2 years running.....

Sooner organise a decent track day personally and not a show.

Croft has no bollox display cause the track people pay most of the cost of the day........

The RS500 was cool but twice ? Missfire anyone ?

rant over....
Old 21-08-2005, 09:22 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

the Nat day is for everyone though,not just track etc....

Got to try and please all who attend.

Track time.....

there was a few incidents all through the day that made everyones track time get shortened.

Don't think it was as bad as Castle Combe though for track time.

Dave.
Old 21-08-2005, 09:22 PM
Glass Eye
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dingbat,,the rsoc is for all members,,not all have dedicated track toys like you and its for fun too.i am sure if you dont want to go out on the track there are plenty others who will.you looking down your nose at everyone else is a bit pot/kettle/black as you are so short everyone else does that to you
Old 21-08-2005, 09:23 PM
Clare
PassionFord Post Whore!!

The novice group had more uninterrupted sessions than the other 2 groups today Almost everytime the expert group went out it got red flagged!

I guess if you have car problems thats the luck of the draw really, not really the fault of the organisers, without car problems I thought there was quite a lot of track time today for a sessison style day.
Old 21-08-2005, 09:23 PM
The Youth.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

I was there on sat as well and that seemed far better with loads more track time and nice and relaxed and no long delays for parades.
steve
ps glad you got the car sorted in time
Old 21-08-2005, 09:25 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Almost everytime the expert group went out it got red flagged!

100% true.

Dave.
Old 21-08-2005, 09:28 PM
Redkop
Member No: 39

In six sessions of Intermediates and I did every session, I did a total of 59 miles!!! Usually its around 130 - 140 miles. The first three sessions in the morning - 21 miles only were done
Old 21-08-2005, 09:30 PM
Martin-Hadland
1st to 200 without NOS

Received 119 Likes on 80 Posts

dingy... i think you are being unfair, the day was not without it's problems but it was not bad at all. castle combe on the other hand..............

edited to say that the shite noisy transit wants crushing and some of the parade laps were a tad boring
Old 21-08-2005, 09:30 PM
Anonymous
Banned

THE RSOC is for every one...

Did everyone pay for track time they didn't get then ?

sorry but the track time is for people that pay no for people who think they are someone they are not not on the net.....

Novice group fooked up the day from the start hence my comment - rest of the day was created by people who don't know how to warm the car up and taking a road car on track.....not the best plan to ruin it for the other groups....

Funny we don't have this issue at croft init ?
Old 21-08-2005, 09:33 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by martin-reyland
dingy... i think you are being unfair, the day was not without it's problems but it was not bad at all. castle combe on the other hand..............
Easy to say when you are not on track....

Combe is a joke track time wise...

Maybe more people will come to croft where its organised properly LOL...
Old 21-08-2005, 09:35 PM
wildheart
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I was in novice and i can guarantee we got more time on track than inters and experts
Old 21-08-2005, 09:38 PM
GaryEvo
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

dingy you thought expert group was any better!!

ive now got paintwork damage on most panels of my car just because the Twat in the AM sport car couldnt loose another second of a lap time and decided when he got it all out of shape on the dirt that he try a bit of rally cross and shower my car in gravel

im sorry but theres just no need for that

im not worried about the odd stone chip and we all know what can happen when it goes wrong but every one was told in the briefing the rules!!!
Old 21-08-2005, 09:40 PM
Clare
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Dingy have you been drinking tonight?? The 9am Novice session didnt have any problems, it was the Intermediate or Expert group that dumped oil all over the track causing the first big delay.

Im sorry that not everyone is up to your standard of driving on track or indeed doesnt have a fully track prepped car, but the RS Day is also designed for people who wouldnt ordinarily get chance to do something like this.

If you wanted more track time you could have done the charity rides like Porkie did in the Sierra, in fact they were so desperate later this afternoon to get someone to replace Lees car they even asked me but as an inexperienced track driver I said no. Someone of your stature would have surely loved the chance to get out on track more and show your car off to paying guests, or would you have just moaned about that too?
Old 21-08-2005, 09:47 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Expert group LOL......

I got no track time in the morning........did 7 laps.......
Old 21-08-2005, 09:50 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by Clare
Dingy have you been drinking tonight?? The 9am Novice session didnt have any problems, it was the Intermediate or Expert group that dumped oil all over the track causing the first big delay.

Im sorry that not everyone is up to your standard of driving on track or indeed doesnt have a fully track prepped car, but the RS Day is also designed for people who wouldnt ordinarily get chance to do something like this.

If you wanted more track time you could have done the charity rides like Porkie did in the Sierra, in fact they were so desperate later this afternoon to get someone to replace Lees car they even asked me but as an inexperienced track driver I said no. Someone of your stature would have surely loved the chance to get out on track more and show your car off to paying guests, or would you have just moaned about that too?
Not really...

But my car had no engine on wednesday so last thing I wanna do is risk passengers.
Old 21-08-2005, 09:51 PM
alan rainbow
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

saturdays track time was good only 2 stopages all day and no lost time i dont think i would do sunday as there seems alot of messing about and not meny sessions
Old 21-08-2005, 09:55 PM
Jim Green
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Dingy, stop dripping. It's a day for everyone. If you want to do a full track day event, then accept that National Day isn't the best day to do it. Come down to one of our track days at Goodwood, and you'll have more time on track than you can handle. We alway come up north for track days, but rarely do we see you come down south. Try it and you'll be surprised just how good it is down here.

As for your car, it look superb dings, and a credit too you. Absolutely beautiful and went as good as it looked. Sorry I never got chance for a chat, but I could see you we're busy, and wanted to see it on track again, so didn't interrupt you.

On a serious note, consider coming to one of the Goodwood track days, accom is free (My Place) complete with workshop for preparing it the night before. I'll even leave the cossie in the drive way and you can have the garage for the night...... And you'll have me to contend with on track, complete with slicks.....
Old 21-08-2005, 09:55 PM
M Brian
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I very much noticed what the guy in the AM sport fiesta was doing...

track day not full race

every time he cut the corner. with debris flying everywhere - looked good but not really worth it.

dingy timed a lap@1.23 how do you normally do?
Old 21-08-2005, 09:56 PM
Redkop

Originally Posted by Clare
In all fairness Clare, you have to 'know' that they wanted people to do charity rides, wasn't made widely known.... was it?
Old 21-08-2005, 09:58 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Dingy the shole point of the Track action at Nat day is for the members to take thier RS on track for a bit of experience and enjoyment. If you want to play MR schumacher then you should go to a proper track day elsewhere where its not a show...its just track... As said above Nat day is for everyone....

As u say,,,rant over
Old 21-08-2005, 10:01 PM
Redkop

Sorry but I think we that were done out of track time and after paying Ł150 inc support vehicle and getting only 59 track miles done isn't on. Some of the driving today was appalling and cars not being prepared for track spoilt it. Cars overtaking on redlights and on bends... when the briefing explicitly said not to. If I saw red lights and flags why didn't others?
Old 21-08-2005, 10:10 PM
Ryan
15K+ Super Poster!!

must say dingy, i wasnt even on track and felt sorry for alot of people today as they hardly got much time at all, but i guess thats just the way things are some times.

apparantly saturday was an awesome day for track time.

agree about the f1 transit, pointless, it wasnt quick so why put it out.

touring cars were proper fun to watch, nice to see how quick a 500bhp car can go when in the right hands
Old 21-08-2005, 10:12 PM
900ss
RWD Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll stick to me Ł99 track days thanks
Old 21-08-2005, 10:19 PM
Eagle
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

so does your rant include all the wannabe race drivers .. thats think its really clever to overtake on a yellow let alone overtaking on corners .. its a day of enjoyment .. not for certain people to who think their car is the be all and end all if you want to be competative then go and do it properly

saturday was bloody good at least 9 outings and getting better each time out

i agree with alot of comments on here .. how many times did people push their cars too far so they fell off???? i for one got bored with all the red lights and i deffo agree with martin on the transit.. why 2 lots of f1 cars???

i would have loved to take people out in my car .. it was running bloody well today ..

all in all i loved it ... managed to get a 'B' sticker and kept changing over from that to 'C' got loads in the afternoon...

was totally ignored by clare ... worse as she was in the next garage
Old 21-08-2005, 10:23 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Dingy - I just fookin KNEW you'd be whinging about this as soon as you got back!

First off, the novice sessions were the ones with the most track time out of everyone - I know, because I was in it! Every one of the 6 sessions I did bar one made it to the chequered flag.

The standard was noticeably poorer than in previous years, but I don't think it was down to poor organistaion - it was down to some shocking driving in places.

Yes, I know I span twice, but to be fair, I simply started the car up again, and the sessions continued without incident. I saw one "expert session" have one driver plough straight on at the very first corner on the out lap into the gravel - session over.

Also didn't help that we had to wait, as always for that fookin transit, those dull F1 cars, and a bunch of paraders all pottling round the track. 500 display was very cool, but why did we need to see everything twice?

I definitely don't agree that you should have to have a track prepped car! I did two National Day track days in my old 330 road saff, and they were great fun!
Old 21-08-2005, 10:38 PM
Dan
20K+ Super Poster.

edited to say that the shite noisy transit wants crushing and some of the parade laps were a tad boring

Totally agree, was a waste of time last year, suprised they did it agian this year!
Old 21-08-2005, 10:49 PM
cossies4eva
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Default Re: Doubt i will be doing national day track time again....

Originally Posted by dingy
Its to expensive.....plain as....

And the amount of people who think a garaged road car is up to track action is fooking shocking.....

Maybe full noise but you get fuck all track time for the 150 quid spent...

If your car has troubles....you come in and fix it....1 lap...

3 laps group is in...

Thats the time that the novice group foooked up the whole day.....

What a farse....

Croft as i organise as track is run so much better than national day for last 2 years running.....

Sooner organise a decent track day personally and not a show.

Croft has no bollox display cause the track people pay most of the cost of the day........

The RS500 was cool but twice ? Missfire anyone ?

rant over....
ah your just pissed off because your fastest lap time of the day was a 1:23 and then gareth lloyd pissed over you down the straight and into the bottom corner
Old 21-08-2005, 10:57 PM
NUTS RuS
15K+ Super Poster!!

The shorter the better for me lol

Seeing your own car being ragged to death all day whilst your just watching from the pit lane is scary Fair play to Sketch - he never put a foot wrong
Old 21-08-2005, 10:59 PM
M Brian
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by NUTS RuS
The shorter the better for me lol :cry:

Seeing your own car being ragged to death all day whilst your just watching from the pit lane is scary :DD: Fair play to Sketch - he never put a foot wrong :clap: :clap: :top:
although in the same light richard longman I bet felt a tad bad...

wounder
Old 21-08-2005, 11:30 PM
NUTS RuS
15K+ Super Poster!!

I wondered what had happened to it Melv
Old 22-08-2005, 08:33 AM
AndyRST
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Melv that picture looks like a whole in the block ?? Is that what happened to it on the parade lap ?
Old 22-08-2005, 08:41 AM
Daveyboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Shame you dont think you'll do national day again Ding... guess i'll have to hunt you down at another show , cos fook me your car is AWESOME! only got a couple of laps in, but im still smiling now
Old 22-08-2005, 08:42 AM
M Brian
PassionFord Post Whore!!

yep unforuntately... yep nice big hole in the block where number 1 let go.

the guy that owns it (dan I think) seemed to be taking it in his stride was more worried about richard.
Old 22-08-2005, 08:53 AM
Cola
PassionFord Post Whore!!

lol @ That

There did seem to be a whole lot of hold ups. I guess it goes that if you want some serious track time do Saturday, if you just want everyone to see you at Nat Day do Sunday and be prepared for a wait!
Old 22-08-2005, 10:34 AM
John Laverick
PassionFord Post Troll

Can't be arsed to read the whole thread but Dingy I can remeber you saying EXACTLY the same thing last year!!!

If you don't like it then DON'T DO IT
Old 22-08-2005, 10:36 AM
Anonymous
Banned

You are paying to be part of the show, not for serious track action i guess Dingy?

Shame if you dont go out again next year, your car looked great going round
Old 22-08-2005, 10:43 AM
Karl
Norris Motorsport

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can't believe the datapost S1 did'nt have steel rods fitted!! Mad to think how inferior the engine is in every way compared o the likes of Oli's and Tim's! How time has improved our engines!!
Old 22-08-2005, 10:46 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by Karl
Can't believe the datapost S1 did'nt have steel rods fitted!! Mad to think how inferior the engine is in every way compared o the likes of Oli's and Tim's! How time has improved our engines!!
Same when you look at the old RS500's and compare them to MADrods i guess.

He has more power, more reliabley, more drivabley and gets decent economy too.

shows how much times have moved on in terms of turbos and management, as the basic engine spec is probably not actually that vastly different in the grand scheme of things!
Old 22-08-2005, 11:02 AM
cossiecrew
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Dan

Totally agree, was a waste of time last year, suprised they did it agian this year!
i also agree wants crushing

Quick Reply: Doubt i will be doing national day track time again....