General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Question about Ebay/paypal

Search this Thread

Old 15-08-2005, 03:54 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts
Default Question about Ebay/paypal

Just sold my first item thru ebay...i normally just buy. It sold this morning and the person has payed thru paypal. I got an email from ebay saying the item was sold, i clicked on my item and it said it has been payed thru paypal. So i checked paypal and the money is there....thing is paypal have not emailed me to tell me i have received a payment.

This combined with the fact the user has no feedback and being my first sale im just making sure im ok to ship the item??

Lee..
Old 15-08-2005, 04:07 PM
S2martin
Ex Full Price gold member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wait until you have the money withdrawn and in your hand mate, as my pal lost over £700 worth of stuff like this, after the delivery (ended up being an empty house that he waited in ) the fella with the paypal account claimed he was hacked so paypal removed the funds directly and my mate had no comeback whatsoever so lost all of it

HTH

Martin
Old 15-08-2005, 04:13 PM
FordFans
PassionFord Regular

Make sure that in your Paypal profile that the correct email address for IPN's (Instant Payment Notifications) are set up correctly, if the money is in your Paypal account then you have been paid, it just may be the case there is no email address set up for Paypal to send you confirmation of it.
Old 15-08-2005, 04:35 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

cheers u two, but so different replies i still dont know wot to do
Old 15-08-2005, 04:39 PM
GrimmeRS2K
Advanced PassionFord User

just transfer the money straight away, i leave mine till i get to 100 quid, under 50 quid u will get another charge on top

i turned over 4.5k in 10 months this year all through paypal, not a single problem
Old 15-08-2005, 04:41 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

yeah i transfered the cash, but takes 5 days or more it says. Do i ship after that or before? If the buyer had loads feedback i wouldnt be bothered!
Old 15-08-2005, 04:47 PM
GrimmeRS2K
Advanced PassionFord User

i never wait, regardless of feedback, only because ive never had a problem, but if its over 300 quid for a single item, i would wait till it goes into your bank,

at the moment paypal have been quite quick in transfers, they done mine last week in 3 days
Old 15-08-2005, 04:47 PM
S2martin
Ex Full Price gold member

well my mate was with a new ebayer so i personaly would tell him as he is new to ebay he will have to wait until funds are cleared into your account (bank) then you will send the package

Martin
Old 15-08-2005, 05:21 PM
FordFans
PassionFord Regular

I've used Paypal for my business and turned over a lot of money without a single problem, I also use it at work for stuff sold through work so have plenty of experience with Paypal.

I will say that any funds that go into your own Paypal account from other users are pretty much legitimate as it can come from one or more of three sources from the buyer, funds already in Paypal from say other stuff already paid through Paypal by other users, bank account, or credit card, all of which sources go through fairly stringent security checks, so cannot really be claimed back instantly by the purchaser once you have been paid, as there is no option to cancel a payment, once made it is final, so feel free to send the goods with confidence as soon as the payment is made.

Through work we sell items worth many hundreds of pounds, a user can pay us by Paypal, and we send the goods out the same day no probs.
Old 15-08-2005, 08:06 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

cheers again! I reckon ill send em!
Old 15-08-2005, 09:05 PM
gurnE
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Personally if it's someone in this country I'd ask for a landline number you can phone him on to alleviate your worries then send item.

Old 15-08-2005, 10:12 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

i have mailed him Gurn
Old 15-08-2005, 10:59 PM
THEYGOTMETOO
CUNT!

Location: BLUE PILL or RED PILL ... All I offer is the truth, nothing more, nothing less. You choose.

Paypal is exceptionally dodgy, I've had a payment "bounce" 2 months on because Paypal has decided it's a fraudulent transaction (which it turned out it wasn't), i've also had no end of problems with genuine fraudsters .... Please send to my brother who lives in Russia, Nigeria, some other crappy country, etc. Which is the reason I do not except paypal unless I have dealt with the person before.

If someone decides to complain about something to PayPal it`s 99.9% guaranteed Paypal will give them a refund and you will loose money.

If you want to see how safe your money is with Paypal have a look at http://paypalsucks.com/ for a very accurate insight in to what PayPal are really like.