General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Aussie Fords, import to UK?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 11:17 AM
Andreas
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aussie Fords, import to UK?

Getting really tempted in getting a Ford Falcon XR6T, been looking into it since Performance Ford did a test with it. Still a student though so until I get a proper job its still just a dream.

Anyway, I was reading some reviews on the FPV version and found this quote well picky.

"Further detracting from the Typhoon's urban credentials is turbo lag. In gentle cruising there is little to complain about but call for some urgent shove below 2000 rpm and there is a noticeable delay."

Jesus, they complain about turbo lag below 2000rpm with a 4 litre turbo engine. The tested version produce 400+ lb/f from early 2000 rpm so it beats me how they could complain about lag below 2000 revs. They would hate the cossie thats for sure.

Whats involved in importing a used car from Australia to England? Is it pretty straightforward? I guess there is an issue getting hold of spares too so perhaps not the most practical car to own over here in Europe?

/Andreas
Old 08-08-2005, 11:28 AM
Fil
ELASTIC BAND

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts

been looking into it since Performance Ford did a test with it.
So what info have you found out?

Im at a point of the old xr4x4's rusting away, and want an XR6, same as you since it was in performance ford, have found out a bit of info, still waiting on what Tax ill need to pay etc.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:31 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

someone at ford fair was handing at leaflets on vehicles they import

35K or so it was for a V8 turbo one
Old 08-08-2005, 12:07 PM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

the Straight 6 turbo is a must.. 1000bhp is capable from one of these!!
Old 08-08-2005, 02:34 PM
Andreas
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Fil
been looking into it since Performance Ford did a test with it.
So what info have you found out?

Im at a point of the old xr4x4's rusting away, and want an XR6, same as you since it was in performance ford, have found out a bit of info, still waiting on what Tax ill need to pay etc.
I actually dont know much at all. I live in Sweden but would probably have to import it/buy it from the UK as I guess its impossible to import straight to Sweden due our strict rules.

Trying to read up on it on their forums but its still quite a long way before I could buy one. Need to get a proper life first instead of being a student.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:49 PM
saff_cossie
PassionFord Post Troll

Here if you need me

Phil - can't remember who you are on MSN as I have about fifty people whose name isnt like their email so if say Hi next time you are on.

Had a tour of the FPV factory here in Melbourne and what they showed us was awesome.
Old 15-07-2011, 04:03 PM
falconman
Virgin

Hello one and all just joined the forum great to see the Falcon get a mention.I am the proud owner of a 2002 xr6 st not a turbo version but does she go, built like a brick you know what.
will get some phots uploaded soon starting a web site soon for us falcon owners in the uk and the couple in europe
Old 15-07-2011, 08:17 PM
Bloomers
Cornish Fasty

two of the guys in cornwall rsoc have imported mk2 escs recently, i suppose the process would be the same

pm mike77cos on here
Old 15-07-2011, 08:23 PM
RC4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

andreas buy a e60 m5 from england (16£k ) now 507 bhp on tap (högerstyrd) CONVERT TO LHD (30000KR) INSTEAD you know it makes sense
englishman in arvika