General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Solicitor or Lawyer?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 05:24 PM
Billabong
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And i for one have enterpretued your statement of capable citizens as those that go to further education are more suitable in decision making than those with experince gained within a job

Then you interpreted my statement wrongly, and read an awful lot into it that wasn't there. Unfortunately, people do not neccessarily get certain opportunities to be the best in their field if they do not have a degree - I don't make it that way, society & the workplace does.

If all of todays youth decided to say no to further education, do you really think this country would still lead the way in certain fields in 10/20 years time?

Do I think you need a degree to be able to do a job? NO

Do a hell of a lot of employers use a degree as a way of candidate selection (especially for senior roles)? YES

....and unfortunately, that means some very capable people do not even get a chance to do that job in companies like that, purely because they don't have that magical piece of paper.

I can also add, that most people at the company where I work, perform job roles that have very little - if anything at all, to do with the actual degree they obtained.....go figure.
Old 03-08-2005, 05:32 PM
Racey
PassionFord Post Whore!!

well it looks like quite a few people on this thread have read things in the wrong way then.

such as Anna's quote was not that EVERYONE trying to gain a degree is a sponger, and likewise with how I read you quote regarding "capable" beings.

to be honest, the people that have been in power, that are in power and i'm 110% sure those who will be in power will fook this country up anyway

aswell as those in law, as you see many threads on this site asking WTF is this country coming to with our justice system

right i'm off to have a giggle with those capable of such a task (thats a joke by the way)
Old 03-08-2005, 05:34 PM
Billabong
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Racey, I don't have a degree - doesn't make me any less capable Don't worry, I'm often misunderstood.
Old 03-08-2005, 05:41 PM
Racey
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Billabong
Racey, I don't have a degree - doesn't make me any less capable Don't worry, I'm often misunderstood.
welcome to my world