General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.
View Poll Results: Is suicide the easy way out?
Yes it is!
31.75%
No its isn't, you must be a fool
68.25%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Is suicide the easy way out?

Search this Thread

Old 24-06-2004, 10:59 PM
Fozy
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is suicide the easy way out?

What dya think?

Cowardly or brave
Old 24-06-2004, 11:00 PM
Rich@rd
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I think that's the lowest thing u can do on this planet.. The people you left behind without a clue
Old 24-06-2004, 11:02 PM
RSrussell
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Do it.........

Depends on situation really, if i was hostage and locked in a room and 10 arabs were about to make a video, I would prefer to kill myself than let them have the satifaction.

But if I got problems at home and can't find a way to sort them, its being a coward IMO.
Old 24-06-2004, 11:04 PM
Nath
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope your not about yourself
Old 24-06-2004, 11:05 PM
Adam_BlackRS
Ex Ford Man

I've had 2 v.close mates try and kill themselfs.........i went fookin ape at them

Both of them regret ever trying
Old 24-06-2004, 11:09 PM
POPEYE
FAIRY CAKE

what a happy fooking post
Old 24-06-2004, 11:09 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Its the effect on the people you leave behind that makes it bad, and selfish as fuck.

If thered be no bad effects on the people you left behind, i guess its totaly your decision.

BUT thats a VERY rare situation.

BUT EVEN MORE!

And most people think "thas it, time to die" and in a few minutes/hours/days/weeks whatever, they dont think that, so itd of been a stupid idea.

So 99.9% of the time, yea, bad idea.

You cant make yourself back alive, and almost everyone who did it would regret it at some time in their future if they did, which is why you shouldnt.

Human nature tho, emotions, makes life a lot more diffucult than if we didnt have em.
Old 24-06-2004, 11:13 PM
cossiemen
Whassup

Originally Posted by Rich@rd
I think that's the lowest thing u can do on this planet.. The people you left behind without a clue
you can allways leave a message/letter
Old 24-06-2004, 11:14 PM
SPADGE
15K+ Super Poster!!

Its only football for fooks sake
Deano
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Rich@rd
Before getting on your moral high horse

Think about what that person must have been going through at the time to make them even think about ......... let alone commit suicide

For example

Man loses wife and family in car crash
Woman gets repeatedly raped
You find out you have a terminal disease

Suicide isnt clear cut so dont fucking judge it like it is
RSrussell
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by SPADGE
LMFAO
Old 24-06-2004, 11:28 PM
Keith B
Advanced PassionFord User

Definetly the cowards way out if its a normal life situation (no arabs up for a BBQ) Is something bad happens, saddle back up, find a way to deal with it and become stronger. Life aint easy for anybody.
Old 24-06-2004, 11:30 PM
vroooom ptssssh
It Wasnt Me!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ricky, pmsfl@ your siggy! jus had a proper look
Old 24-06-2004, 11:37 PM
EIL132
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by SPADGE
Old 24-06-2004, 11:52 PM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Depends on how low you feel at the time or whats drives to think about commiting suicide.Sometimes I have felt like just ending it all prhaps I have been too brave or too weak to go threw with it.

When your in a state of derpression you doint always think straight
Old 24-06-2004, 11:53 PM
Deano
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Less

When your in a state of derpression you doint always think straight
Well said
Old 25-06-2004, 12:11 AM
Andy_R
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ive had a difficult past few years suffered physicaly and mentaly as a result of a RTA to the point where I have thought that I may have been beter off not surviving. Ive suffered from both anxiety and depression and know how both thought process's and perceptions of life can lead one to believe that there is not much point in living.

However due to various forms of counciling and with the aid of medication I have learened to overcome and rationalise both irrational thoughs feelings and behaviour patterns.

I can honestly say that although depression is nasty it is the begining (with the correct help) of understanding yourself your thoughts your feelings and your baviour and how each of the three influence the other.

Coming to terms with loss is the singular most common reason for depression.
Realising gain which results from such a loss is the pathway to recovery.

HTH

Andy
Old 25-06-2004, 12:13 AM
MadMac
15K+ Super Poster!!

Right confession time people. When I was 18 I had a whole bunch of people making my life a hell, and I mean hell, couldn't walk down the street incase they saw me. My so called friends always treated me badly, my girlfriend of two years had left me after sleeping with another man while she went off to uni (she was a couple of years older than me). Me grandfather who I was very close with died, I lost my first job... well you get the idea the list went on and on.

But it came to the point where I did think whats the point in going on, I can't cope with all this emotion, and I came that close to doing it too. I nearly slit my wrists. But when it came to making that final cut god damn I couldn't do it. I mean I really couldn't do it. Knife was on my wrist ready to cut but I couldn't actually draw it along my wrist. And I chickened out. I still have the scars on my arm from when I got so furious about me not doing it I just took three chunks out of my arm with the knife.

But it has given me a perspective on people that go that far. I couldn't get though it because ultimately everything going on wasn't enough to drive me to do it. These people that actually have the drive to do it are so seriously driven to do it they do. This many not make sence but try to understand what I'm trying to say.

I hear when people kill themselves and all I can remember is how I felt to nearly drive me to do it and realise that they were worse than me. And I have my scars to remind me. And to tell me how stupid I was, because no matter what the problem is, time will heal and all problems do go away. I am ashamed I came that close, but I can also understand why people can be driven that far.

Then a year later I turned 19 and it was the best fucking year of my life.
Old 25-06-2004, 12:25 AM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

MadMac jus summed it up proper then.

Life REALLY can suck cock at times, i mean REALLY.

But its swings and roundabouts and next thing you know its amazing, so ending it wouldnt of been a good idea.
Old 25-06-2004, 12:33 AM
MadMac
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by Itsmeagain
MadMac jus summed it up proper then.

Life REALLY can suck cock at times, i mean REALLY.

But its swings and roundabouts and next thing you know its amazing, so ending it wouldnt of been a good idea.
Well next time I feel that way you couldn't send that bird in you avatar over to my house and I could get my feeling out on that cleavage
Old 25-06-2004, 12:39 AM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Shel be over in Glastonbury this weekend if u wan go find her, jus look for a VERY fit 5'2 half-philipino bird called Lexi
Old 25-06-2004, 12:41 AM
MadMac
15K+ Super Poster!!

Ahhh! thats it!! Latino chicks I love em!!

Shame I'm not going to glastonbury
Old 25-06-2004, 12:43 AM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Shame she IS going to glastonbury as its been a week and im having withdrawl symptoms

Ah, il PM u...
Old 25-06-2004, 12:51 AM
Hatch
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Hard thing to say unless uve been in that situation .......luckily i havnt but know of people who have been successful in topping themselves always over women or money...............sad they have no-one to talk too about it
Old 25-06-2004, 01:12 AM
pete@RACE-SPCMOTORSPORT

i've known a couple of people that have tryed it but for the stupidest reasons,
once you sit down with someone and make them realise that its never as bad as it seems,they seem to come round.

its not like once you've done it you can change your mind.
Old 25-06-2004, 01:13 AM
MadMac
15K+ Super Poster!!

That is the first major problem, talking to someone. You can't do it then you bottle it all up and you do get to that point.
Old 25-06-2004, 05:33 AM
xr4tisam
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Only thing worse than doing it and succeeding, is doing it and botching the job. A local LTC hospital had a boy (16-17) that tried to shoot himself, and just managed to turn himself into a drooling vegetable.

If you feel like hurting yourself, SEEK HELP! Things DO get better.

Been there, done that. Not actually attempted, but felt that low.
Old 25-06-2004, 06:07 AM
Gra
PassionFord Post Whore!!

My sisters boyfried comitted suicide, and she came downstairs onemorning and found him, (he hanged himself)
she had to cut him down etc, it properly fucked her up for years, and at one point she was sectioned. she about 70-0% ok, but it will always be a worry she has a lapse when life or problems get hard or deals here a blow. I think its a cowards way out, but Richard was well depressed and I know he loved my sister to bits, but couldnt see a way past his depression, he was a qualifed doctor and had loads to live for, but just couldnt see it
Old 25-06-2004, 06:33 AM
Keith B
Advanced PassionFord User

Life is a rollercoaster, the ups & downs come when you least expect them and you never know how long either will last for. You just have to believe that every down will end at some point and then the ups will taste all the sweeter. You never really appreciate how amazing life can be without tasting the dark side of it. Your bad experiences can be amzing learning tools to imprive your life, you just have to believe it and roll with the punches.
Old 25-06-2004, 08:08 AM
cossie1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

well my old man did it (hung himself) when I was 9, it has propperly fucked me up and even now (15 years on) it still plays on my mind, In the last 15 years I have thought about doing it myself, I have tried to do it, but at the last minute I have always stopped myself ad I really don't know why I wanted to do it in the first place and also I don't know why I stopped myself either.

The rest of my family seem to have got over it and carry on as normal, but I still get down and depressed about it.
Things arn't as bad now as they were and since I have had my son (2 today) I haven't thought about trying to do it again which must be a good thing, but I do still miss my old man even If I didn't really know him.
The worst thing is I work in the motor trade in the same town that my old man used to work in, and alot of the ppl still in the trade remember him and when they meet me they all say oh are u BOB's son, and then they go on about what a top bloke me old man was, which I find quite hard to listen to and deal with.

but at the end of the day life goes on
Old 25-06-2004, 08:25 AM
MadMac
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by cossie1
and then they go on about what a top bloke me old man was, which I find quite hard to listen to and deal with.
Yeah funny how some people dont seem to take into consideration how you might feel about it. Same thing with my Grandpa, he build half the houses in my area.

Just remember matey, your not the only one thats been there and you ever get to that point again just talk to someone about it.

As for you son! Top man!
Old 25-06-2004, 09:05 AM
Cola
PassionFord Post Whore!!

PMS: @ Spadge

I've had a few people close to me do it and I think of it as a very selfish act. Someone related to me commited suicide and her 'note' was just a list of blame. A VERY cruel thing to do. There's always help.

That said I can totally understand euthanasia (can't eb arsed to look up the spelling!)
Old 25-06-2004, 09:13 AM
Kev.H
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I have had some strange traumas in my life friends dying etc but I do also have experience of suicide so im gonna tell you my story !

MyAuntie had a stroke about 10 yrs ago went to bed one evening with a headache and then bang her life changed for ever from then on she kinda gave up life her marriage fell apart to my uncle etc etc then about 5 years ago she killed herself ( i can remember my mum phoning me to tell me I was at work and just sat there in shock for the rest of the afternoon) afterwardsI found out she had tried before with pills but failed and before she had done it I would of said it is the cowards way out BUT

Wendy killed her self by walking into a park pouring petrol all over herself and setting her self a light ( i pity the dog walker who found her ) There are many ways to kill yourself and most are just people crying for help IMO. I have spent alot of time contemplating how bad does life have to get to do that in such a way as you know it cant and will not fail to end your life she had 2 children all be it teenagers then and a mothers love for their children is second to none so just how low to you have to be to give that all up ??? Give up the chance to see your parents and friends again give up the chance to see whatever you enjoy fuck it give up the chance to see the sun rise etc. It scares the crap out of me to think I will not see tommorrow

It is IMO not a cowards way out a decision like that is not an easy one life is short and offers you many experiences to give up your shot at it because you cant face or dont want to live it is a terrible thing !
Old 25-06-2004, 12:04 PM
Fozy

Spadge you loon

Its interesting to see the reponses on this one. By the way, I'm in no sad state and certainly ain't gonna do it, but thanks for the phone call Ant to check i'm still alive.
Old 25-06-2004, 12:42 PM
zoso11

I dont wanna go into it to much but has anyone ever been in that state of mind, has anyone every been that low, hated themselves so much. Im not arsed or embarrased to say i suffered from depression for 3 years and was on citalopram 30mg which is pretty bad medication.. And suprisngly it was only up to about march taht i started to get better, so even while ive been on here ive been as i was..

Yes there where lots of times and attempts, and in all honesty its the easy way out, its not cowardlt, but to be in the position to make a decision to continue or end your life is one that can only be made when you have had completely enough.

Yes the better option is happiness and help from where its needed, but its often not received, and the nhs counciling service is a shambles.. mots of them dont ever contact ppl back aftewr the 2 months cooling off period.

Its a subject where you really need to have experianced it to have a better opinion!
Old 25-06-2004, 01:01 PM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

life is hard.

suicide is not a cowards way - just different to other peoples way
Old 25-06-2004, 01:02 PM
timster

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I suffered from depression for nearly three years through work-related stress.Went down the counselling route and tablets but the best therapy I found was my TRUE mates(found out who were genuine and who was not).Some people don't want to mention it like a dirty word but until you go through it and thats the important part getting through it you can relate better to the Illnes.Only now gone back to my trade and i'd say i'm about 75% there
Old 25-06-2004, 01:05 PM
Stu_H
Regular Contributor

my father commited suicide just before my 21st birthday and a few months before his grandson was to be born.

i remember my mum and dad were splitting up (my dad used to just sit in his chair and drink lager / whiskey etc which i admit must not have been much life for my mum) - he did have a good job (builder, plumber etc) and was always up for work on time and worked stoopidly long hours

i helped him in getting a hot hatch (was a pug 1.9gti) and helped him to sort his alarm out. Glad I spent a lot of time with him.

had a phone call off my mum to say my dad had gone missing, took the car and gone. left his briefcase, mobile and his glasses on the chair. Just thought he had gone to clear his head.

couple of days later, I come back home to find my grandad there and he said "theyve found your dad. he's dead." I was just in shock for weeks and weeks, but i did go to see him at the morgue. i was 2 minds whether to or not, but I thought I would regret it for not seeing him one last time. Still dont know if I did the right thing and maybe should have remembered him from the last time i saw him.

apparetly, he piped from the exhaust system somewhere into the air vents, drove as far as he could and just pulled over and left car running. a man walking his dog found him the next morning. i feel for this guy too

i asked him out for a pint when we were out driving one hot day just before the tragic happening, dont know why I did, but glad i did because that was the only beer I was ever to have with my old man

R.I.P. Dad
Old 25-06-2004, 01:08 PM
warleydaddy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Fookin Hell Stu,thats terrible!!!!!

Really feel for ya mate,id HATE for anything like that 2 happen to me or any1 close to me,infact for ir to hapen to ANY1!!!!

Feel for ya big man!!

Pete...

Quick Reply: Is suicide the easy way out?