General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

What do Ford bother with warrenty ??? Coolent Leak

Search this Thread

Old 25-07-2005, 04:43 PM
Kev.H
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do Ford bother with warrenty ??? Coolent Leak

FFS I have a small colent leak and Im due to drive to the Cotswolds tomorrow for a couple of days break So I pop up Fords and say

Me : can someone just have a look at my car to check this leak
Lady : No you will have to book it in
Me: But im off on holiday tomorrow
Lady : You can leave it here and we might look at it today but orobably tomorrow
Me: ? Er I just said im using the car to go on a long drive on holiday tomorrow please can someone just look at it to tell me if it will be ok...
Lady : You will have to book it in !
Me: ok Friday then but if something happens in the mean time Ive reported it and its your problem yes ?
Lady : Mumble mumble no reply If something happen you will just have to get toed in

I mean WTF I could fix it myself but its not the point

No wonder Ford are in such trouble Im glad they no longer make RS's because frankly they havent a clue on service or what customers expect

So Im taking the car cos the leak is very slight havent lost any water just got pink crap around the hose that goes into the engine block thingy but if it overheats it overheats feck I wont know cos some dumb arse removed the temp gauge and put a boost gauge in instead
Old 25-07-2005, 04:45 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where in the cotswolds are you going mate?
Old 25-07-2005, 04:46 PM
Kev.H
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Itsmeagain
Upper Slaughter why ?
Old 25-07-2005, 04:52 PM
peteh
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Maybe a bit more notice next time?
Old 25-07-2005, 04:53 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

And for the other point of view.

Kev H : My cars leaking come and fix it now under warranty
Lady: So you're telling me, you are so much more important than all of our other customers that we should drop everything just for little old you?
Kev H : Yeah

Just to let you know, The "holiday" excuse gets used by every man and his dog. Along with the "need the car for work" The trade simply doesnt hear it anymore

Just book it in for when you return. And if it breaks down in the meantime thats what the warranties for. But do keep an eye on the level whilst you're away.

Honestly! Some people! Drama into a Crisis
Old 25-07-2005, 04:55 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Originally Posted by Kev.H
Upper Slaughter why ?
Aah, just near Stow, went thru there yesterday.

Nah, just I live in Cheltenham, about 20mins away, and always round that way, so just interesting!

Tons of countryside toursity places round that way, Wildlife Park, Farm Park, Bird Land, Model Village, Roman Villas, Big fuckoff hills, tons of places to walk, all that shit, plenty to keep you occupied
Old 25-07-2005, 04:59 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

Bird Land, Model Village,
Steve Sorry to be the one to tell you.

Those arent what you think they are.

Or even worse maybe you do know what those places are
Old 25-07-2005, 05:03 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

PMSL, never thought of them like that

No, they both the clean versions of above , in a very posh pretty but overpriced tourist village near where he staying.

I have been there! Got pics of me somewhere in the model village when i was about 5

If he does want hookers tho check the local paper, the Echo, average of about 12 brothels advertising in there last time i checked, when we had that "what town has the most hookers" type thread months back
Old 25-07-2005, 05:04 PM
Kev.H
PassionFord Post Whore!!

itsmeagain its meant to be very nice round that way looking foward to it edited to add not going to any fecking bird or model things just chilling

Richw Ford honestly dont give a toss there after sales is terrible I found Honda warrenty and service hugely better put money on they would of fixed it there and then The Ford service centre is now full of women who know fuck all about cars but look pretty
Old 25-07-2005, 05:11 PM
Jamz
Advanced PassionFord User

I'm sure if they had someone available at the time they would have looked at it there and then.
Old 25-07-2005, 05:44 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I work for a manufacturer and get really fed up when people confuse their local dealer with the car-maker.

Ford only own one garage in the UK and I'm willing to bet that isn't he one you were at, so your complaint isn't about Ford, it is about an agent. If you report your experience to Ford (the maker) their after-sales Zone Manager will record it for discussion at his next dealer review. Enough complaints can get the dealer into bother.

And now that anyone is allowed to sell any cars without making any provision to repair them, we can start moaning about the cheap car we bought in Tesco when they don't know how or where to fix it.

I'm in a bad mood after listening to a guy whine at me all day about the nearest dealer being 100 miles away - so why pick that f@*%ing car????
Old 25-07-2005, 05:53 PM
Gra
PassionFord Post Whore!!

The Ford service centre is now full of women who know fuck all about cars but look pretty
better than the renault garage i went to, full of women who knew fook all but we fookin huuuuge
Old 25-07-2005, 06:00 PM
Katie

PMSL, never thought of them like that

No, they both the clean versions of above , in a very posh pretty but overpriced tourist village near where he staying.

I have been there! Got pics of me somewhere in the model village when i was about 5

If he does want hookers tho check the local paper, the Echo, average of about 12 brothels advertising in there last time i checked, when we had that "what town has the most hookers" type thread months back
You mean Burton on the Water or something like that?
Ive been to birdland and that model village....all I can remember down that way was going in every fucking antiques shop mum could locate
Old 25-07-2005, 06:03 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

Originally Posted by The Knife
I work for a manufacturer and get really fed up when people confuse their local dealer with the car-maker.

Ford only own one garage in the UK and I'm willing to bet that isn't he one you were at, so your complaint isn't about Ford, it is about an agent. If you report your experience to Ford (the maker) their after-sales Zone Manager will record it for discussion at his next dealer review. Enough complaints can get the dealer into bother.

And now that anyone is allowed to sell any cars without making any provision to repair them, we can start moaning about the cheap car we bought in Tesco when they don't know how or where to fix it.

I'm in a bad mood after listening to a guy whine at me all day about the nearest dealer being 100 miles away - so why pick that f@*%ing car????
Well Ive worked on both sides. Manufacturer and Dealer. If the manufacturer didnt build products down to a cost. Half these problems wouldnt occur.

And secondly. Complaints.
Ive worked for a premium German car manufacturer in the past. And the complaints come from the fact the customer expects the impossible. They rock in with no appointment. And want a courtesy car, And they want it done yesterday and for free. Depsite the fact their warranty ran out when they failed to have the car serviced at all in the past 3 years. So they complain to the head office of a the company. And then when they are told WHY they cant have it. They complain to CAB, Watchdog and Top Gear. And all the time the Head Office squeezes the dealer into giving stuff away free "to help soothe things over" Did you know that the Ford Dealers near me have a higher Labour rate than Merc, BMW, Audi and VW? But then you hear about poor customer satisfaction at these companies and how they wished it was just like Honda?

Cant fooking win
Old 25-07-2005, 06:05 PM
TurboTuffy
Regular Contributor

Fords own a lot more than 1 garage in the uk now and the service is bloody terrible
Old 25-07-2005, 06:12 PM
DOO
PassionFord Post Whore!!

TBH your lucky mate if they look at it tomorrow are place got about 2 week waiting list