General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

New Cossie Engine up and running at last........

Search this Thread

Old 23-07-2005, 10:14 PM
Jim Green
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default New Cossie Engine up and running at last........

Well, after basically a year, my new engine built by Karl is in the car, running sweetly, and very quite. I really took my time putting it back in to the car, and treble checked every little connection and nut and bolt. Had it out today to put some miles on it, on it's running in map, and it's fantastic. Karl has put some limits in the map, so I don't do anything too hard to the engine for the running in period. (23PSI Limit, and 5500rpm). Only booted it once and god, does it go (Even with the limits that are on the map at the moment) And oh, so smooth. Alcon clutch slipping abit, but hoping that's just down to needing some bedding in. It comes on boost so smooth, and very early, and then just gives you a nice long kick in the back (Until the clutch starts to slip)....... This is going to be a great road/track engine.

Basically low comp, fully modified head by karl, and karls cams, T38 Turbo, and all the right bits for a low lag, high torqe 420bhp.

Give me another two weeks and I'll have that thousand miles done and be back to Karl to get everything set to max.
Old 23-07-2005, 10:24 PM
Matt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mint stuff jim, glad its coming together
we wil have to see how fast you come screaming past me cos i guarantee mines on boost first