General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

What a night ive had!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 22-07-2005, 10:37 PM
warleydaddy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What a night ive had!!!!

Had a shockin day at work,was in at 7,worked like a fuckin DOG!!!!!!!

So went to the pub after work with all my new work mates (only been there 3 weeks)

Came out of the pub,and my mate (whos the boss) was in front of me on his MINT,modded gsx 750!!

RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He`s had the bike MOT`d today,2new tyres,and a rear wheel bearing. (£234)!!!

I took him up to the garage to pick it up,and followed him to meet the rest of the guys at the pub..When we got there,he said "the bike dont feel right Pete" asked why,said "brakes feel funny,and tyres dont feel right",i said its just cus htere new,ul be ok..Bare in mind he`s a HARD CORE biker 20yrs+ ridding experiance..

Anyway,weve had a drink "shandy" (im VERY anti-drink driving) so weve both cum out the pub,200yards up the rd,we turned right,then the bike just GOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing he could of done,AT ALL!!!!!!!

Cut a long story short,Coppers cum,cudnt give a fuck cus there "wasnt another car invloved,and asked us to hurry up as we were blocking the rd"

So a ambulance took Martin to the Hospital,and i had a look at the bike,and where they had put the new tyre on,they had (for some fuckin reason) took the break pipe off the caliper,hadnt done it up,and while it was parked up, had leeked brake fluid over the back tyre,and obviousley threw him off!!!!

Only just back form the hospital,and the poor fuckers broke his coller bone,fractured his arm!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im WELL pissed off,but what can i do......

Pete...
Old 22-07-2005, 10:41 PM
rabmc
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ahhh man thats a shame whats he saying about it all ? just lucky it wasn`t more serious or going faster Who done the work to it
Old 22-07-2005, 10:43 PM
Nicole
PassionFord Post Troll

That's pretty fookin shocking hun, i would be going down to the garage and having words, maybe he can put a claim in against them...i don't really know about stuff like this, but you must be able to do something

Hope your freind has a speedy recovery
Old 22-07-2005, 10:46 PM
markk
10K+ Poster!!

Received 105 Likes on 97 Posts

pictures and lots of them - you will need them for the court case pal ! fookin crap bastards - i hate pisspot garages - and the majority of bike garages are the worst believe me - ive tried more local bike shops than i care to remember trying to get quality workmanship - fookin shite
Old 22-07-2005, 11:23 PM
TIFF
Chasing Radders

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Shit news that Pete
Old 22-07-2005, 11:53 PM
Billabong
PassionFord Post Whore!!

As per Nicole, professional negligence springs to mind. May be difficult to prove though - engineers report? Or might be worth asking a Police biker / accident investiagtor for advice, they may help?

Hope your mate is okay in time.
Old 23-07-2005, 12:17 AM
Cossiep
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

I agree with all the above comments ESPECIALLY ''professional negligence''. However, I am a qualified motorbike instructor/ examiner at all levels and one thing I stress to all my students is to check you bike over pre-ride on a regular basis. Sounds very prim and proper I know and I myself don't do it as regulary as I should but when your bikes been in for work this is the sort of thing that can happen but glad to hear he's ok and like people have said lucky he didn't discover this at higher speed. Take care out there
Old 23-07-2005, 12:31 AM
Dan
20K+ Super Poster.

Hate to say it but by the sound of things they will just ignore your mates case as they will say stupid shit like 'He could have tampered with it after it left our garage'

You know, the usual shit to get out of paying!

Wounder tho mate!
Old 23-07-2005, 12:44 AM
Cossiep
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Just reading this again, to replace a rear tyre you do not need to remove the rear brake hose (as I'm sure you and your friend know) this in my mind VERY MUCH constitutes professional negligence (as long as you can conclusively prove that it was the cuase of the off). If a shop has what can only be described as''unneccessarily tampered'' with your machine during a routine maintenance procedure then you've got a case. How can they defend themselves when they have done something to the bike which this procedure didn't warrant at all. If he has a recipt which states for eg ''change 1 number rear tyre'' then take it to court as it is a fooking disgrace to the motorcycle industry
Old 23-07-2005, 06:14 AM
warleydaddy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Cossiep
Just reading this again, to replace a rear tyre you do not need to remove the rear brake hose (as I'm sure you and your friend know) this in my mind VERY MUCH constitutes professional negligence (as long as you can conclusively prove that it was the cuase of the off). If a shop has what can only be described as''unneccessarily tampered'' with your machine during a routine maintenance procedure then you've got a case. How can they defend themselves when they have done something to the bike which this procedure didn't warrant at all. If he has a recipt which states for eg ''change 1 number rear tyre'' then take it to court as it is a fooking disgrace to the motorcycle industry
THis is the thing...I said to him,(as the pair of you both know),yeh the calipers got to come off,but WHY DID THEY HAVE TO UNDO THE BRAKE PIPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I understand sayin,check your bike before a ride etc etc.but i can PROMISE you,mart is 1 of the best/safest riders out there!!!NO 1,could of got the bike back,when it went..We can even prove how fast he waas going,cus the speedo broke,and is now stck,he was doing 17mph!!!!!!!!

Im going to see him later,and im DEFFINATLEY going to the garage with a few mates Monday morning to have a fuckin work!!!!!

Pete...
Old 23-07-2005, 06:29 AM
RstNut
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by markk
pictures and lots of them - you will need them for the court case pal ! fookin crap bastards - i hate pisspot garages - and the majority of bike garages are the worst believe me - ive tried more local bike shops than i care to remember trying to get quality workmanship - fookin shite
So its not just me that thinks all bike garages are tossers....
Old 23-07-2005, 09:29 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

thats shite news mate

but i'll bet you wont get far with the garage they'll always find a way out

chop
Old 23-07-2005, 09:38 AM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

DON'T go wading into the garage shouting your mouth off ffs, just take lots of pictures, get a proffesional independant expert to do a report, then persue it throught the propper channels, if you go in and sound off, you will a) piss them off and give them a good reason to tell your mate to fook off, and b) give them advance warning to get their story sriaght.
If you go through the correct procedures, they wont have a leg to stand on, and also contact the citizens advice beureax (spl?) for customer rights info
Old 23-07-2005, 10:58 AM
RSCAT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

good grief, as posted, get the digi camera out straight away.