General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

speed camera locations are going on the MAP

Search this Thread

Old 27-06-2005, 01:31 PM
Combi_Chris
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default speed camera locations are going on the MAP

In their latest road atlas, kinda harks back to the early days of the AA when patrolmen would warn members of Policemen ahead by not saluting them!

The AA has defended its decision to put the location of thousands of speed cameras in its new road atlas of Britain.

The group said its decision had the backing of the police and was being done in the interests of road safety.

But the move was criticised by environmental transport group Transport 2000, which said indicating camera locations would help speeding motorists escape detection.

The new atlas shows the locations of 3,000 fixed speed cameras and around 3,000 mobile speedtrap spots.

AA spokeswoman Nicola Atkinson said today: "We have done this because we believe people should know where the cameras are for safety reasons.

"Cameras are put in places where there have been four fatalities or serious injuries in three years and people should be aware of these accident blackspots.''

She went on: "We are doing this with the backing of the police. We are not really doing anything new, as people can obtain information about camera sites from both the police and the Department for Transport.''

Transport 2000 spokesman Steve Hounsham said: "This is irresponsible in the extreme.

"The only people interested in the location of speed cameras are those who like breaking speed limits but want to know when they need to put their foot on the brake to escape being caught.

"The AA is helping those motorists who want to break the law escape detection. This is like publishing the position of all police stations in a special atlas for car thieves.''
Old 27-06-2005, 01:33 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only people interested in the location of speed cameras are those who like breaking speed limits but want to know when they need to put their foot on the brake to escape being caught.
Yep, thats me
Old 27-06-2005, 01:36 PM
St3V3_C
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Re: speed camera locations are going on the MAP

Originally Posted by Combi_Chris

Transport 2000 dickhead Steve Hounsham said: "This is irresponsible in the extreme.

Fair play to the AA for doing something they knew would get them grief from these tree hugging fairies
Old 27-06-2005, 01:37 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Any cock stuffed up the arse of transport2000 is a cock i would willingly suck
Old 27-06-2005, 01:38 PM
St3V3_C
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

right.....
Old 27-06-2005, 01:51 PM
andy_st200
PassionFord Post Troll

bit pointless in some ways as their probably camera locations from a good six months ago and so well out of date already

dont know why these people are moaning though the lists of camera is available on the internet already , published by the police
Old 27-06-2005, 02:25 PM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

Transport 2000 will complain about anything that doesn't penalise drivers. I don't see how it's a bad thing that drivers will know when to slow down in accident blackspots or avoid them all together because there's a speed camera there.
Old 27-06-2005, 04:08 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Transport 2000 are a bunch of lentil eating, car hating do good wankers.

You can obtain camera site info from the camera partnerships anyway. If these are blackspots and have camera's then why not have them on a map. Means motorists will know to take extra special care at these locations. Remember the camera's aren't about obtaining cash they are about saving lives.

I always slow for a Gatso, then promptly speed up.
Old 27-06-2005, 04:32 PM
Rich_w
Proven Legendary Status

Transport 2000 are funded by Public Transport companies. Therefore they arent really independent are they.
Old 27-06-2005, 04:40 PM
Snowy_Astra
Advanced PassionFord User

Haha, good job twice. Well done AA
Old 27-06-2005, 04:44 PM
Snowy_Astra
Advanced PassionFord User

LMFAO at this

This is like publishing the position of all police stations in a special atlas for car thieves
Yeah, its called the 'yellow pages' you fucking retard
Old 27-06-2005, 05:42 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Have a look at the Transport 2000 website and see the state of most of them. www.transport2000.com

I think most of them are total cnuts to the motorist as they are all in need of a right good shag. Lookin like that though it's a slim chance. Can't they just fuck off and do something usefull. Hope my tax pounds aren't funding these tossers

Just noticed they have removed their mobile numbers since their attack on Top Gear
Old 27-06-2005, 06:11 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

who to fook are these geeks

71% are for speed cameras, strange nobody has asked me in this poll

how can a camera save a life , ok it keeps speeds down, so do speed bumps too

heres a funny one where i live theres speed bumps all over but just 2 weeks ago they was put outside a school , thy use em round here to stop using back roads as short cuts to save time, thats what there here for

im not gonna comment on speed cameras as its already been said, but again why aint the outside schools, why are they located where deaths are already taken place , you can not say speed is a cause of a death , some people can drive fast and not hit anyone, speed will kill em but driver error caused the crash

fook me are they geeky people

wounder if we could all join em and then gate crash at one of there partys round a camp fire, take all there money and bus passes and drug em up then get em all locked up where they belong
Old 27-06-2005, 06:16 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Here's a good one on the humps thing. My village had not seen any accidents in the 28 years I'd lived there. Some of the residents started flapping about speeding cars . The council put speed bumps in. In the 6 months they have been in there have been 4 serious accidents. If I were to play using Transport2000's and the other anti speed groups rules I would say that these bumps caused the accidents as there were none before hand .

The road is quieter as well now as people drive round the outskirts rather than through to avoid the bumps
Old 27-06-2005, 06:26 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

The road is quieter as well now as people drive round the outskirts rather than through to avoid the bumps
thats the reason for em as round here it encourages congestion, also the roads that are no exit anymore ( that i drive though anyway ), the zebra crossings replaced wioth traffic lights, NOW THEY ARE BOTTLE NECKING THE OPPOSITE SIDE TP THE BUS LANE TO ALLOW PARKING ON A RED ROUTE BUT YOU CANT DRIVE DOWN WHEN ENFORCED AS THEY HAVE EXTENDED THE PAVEMENT SO YOU LOOSE ANOTHER LANE

then ya got the parking restrictions, the speed cameras, the council now use contract companys to clamp and tow cars with no tax and the contractors are a local breakers yard

my car no longer displays a valid tgax disc as i got fed up of the illegal tickets and they tried to clamp me for not displaying it

THEN i still gotta go court on the 20th for dangerous driving, if i new what i done i would have got me moneys worth and run the tree hugging wanker over and showed him what dangerous driving is

oh and where can i complain about the fucking buses using the bus stop outside my house as a bus stand with the engine running at 3am , the buses are causing noise polution in my flat, making me need to turn my tv up, thats when ya dont add the drunken chavs waiting for a fooking buss fighting and chucking bottles of WKD at cars or breaking the bus stop signs making broken glass on the floor

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

im gonna live in a volcano
Old 27-06-2005, 06:27 PM
frog
0-60 in 17 seconds (eek)

The group said its decision had the backing of the police and was being done in the interests of road safety.
"Cameras are put in places where there have been four fatalities or serious injuries in three years and people should be aware of these accident blackspots.''
At least someone's got the message, cameras are there to SLOW PEOPLE DOWN

"The only people interested in the location of speed cameras are those who like breaking speed limits but want to know when they need to put their foot on the brake to escape being caught."
So anyone flying through a camera gets a fine, the point this guy is missing is that the driver went through AN ACCIDENT BLACKSPOT at speed, and that is what is dangerous and what cameras should try to stop (as per first quote).

A camera that caught someone failed to do its job imo
Old 27-06-2005, 06:32 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

A camera that caught someone failed to do its job

sooooo true, just like when ya keep arresting a person for rape, if hes let out and does it again theres no deterant, the fact that more and more people are being done for speeding is showing its not fooking working

if ya nmever nick a person its working but when that happens the take it out and relocate it to a place where it gains more fines
Old 27-06-2005, 06:38 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by frog
A camera that caught someone failed to do its job imo
Exactly the arguement I use at work with the numpties that put the fookers up
Old 28-06-2005, 08:05 AM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Rich_w
Transport 2000 are funded by Public Transport companies. Therefore they arent really independent are they.
Very interesting, always good to know someones motive.
Old 28-06-2005, 11:57 AM
safflad
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

bought one of them maps from bp garage other day 1.99 bloody bargain
Old 28-06-2005, 12:06 PM
mattbibs
PassionFord Post Whore!!

thing that annoys me about cameras is that i spend more time looking at my speedo when going through them than watching the road! very fooking clever in an accident blackspot isnt it!