General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

rottweiler as family pet what they like

Search this Thread

Old 26-05-2005, 05:30 PM
apples24
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rottweiler as family pet what they like

just about to move into nice 3 bed house big garden etc etc, going to get meself a doggie and am a gr8 fan of rotties

i know theres stories but all the ones ive seen are just big soppie gits lol

ive got a 3 yr old daughter and a 4 month baby

im presuming its safer to get puoppy and bring up with our family, they seem to be fairly obediant dogs and naturally have a great security presance

have you got one or ya m8s?

what to look for in puppys?

only other thing is i know there super expensive so will naturally will be vered towards the cheaper adverts
Old 26-05-2005, 05:38 PM
KSA-Cossie
Professional Waffler

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Very good loving dogs,m8 has one and it plays with both his kids its just a big softie,go for it m8.
Old 26-05-2005, 05:43 PM
EvilFranky
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Think its how they are brought up to be honest.

Had a Pitbull years ago when i was a bairn till i was about 11 years old, was cool as fuck, great with people.

But was a complete looney with other dogs, went beserk whenever another one was around, hard a nails.
Old 26-05-2005, 05:44 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get insurance on the mut as its only 7 quid a month , any probs and ya covered

also they do sweat alot and can be smelly

apart fropm that there actually good pets and if looked after and treated equal will be fine
Old 26-05-2005, 06:04 PM
Keith B
Advanced PassionFord User

Ask yourself why you want it and whether its worth the risk with your daughter around.
Old 26-05-2005, 06:05 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

As per Keith B

Golden Retrievers are excellent with children.
Old 26-05-2005, 06:06 PM
ImaRacing 501
Virgin

my rotties give more pleasure to me than 100 naked women fully greased up and ready for insertion
Old 26-05-2005, 06:08 PM
Hannah
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

my ex used to have one...... thought it looked cute until i stepped in the front door....... it went for me and had me rugby tackled to the ground

i can still hear the sound of my head hitting the concrete outside!!
Old 26-05-2005, 06:33 PM
georgie1
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

top dogs m8 i had two now one bitch and one dog and both great at the mo i got a boy one plus a staff so going m8 get urself a top dog
Old 26-05-2005, 06:47 PM
st3v3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i have one,bring your kids round my house,let them play with my bitch rottie, then decide how good,loyal,loving,placid,playful......need i go on,

I can play fight my dog till she drops and when the next door kid(7 yr old)comes round and plays with my youngest Daughter she plays with the dog also,but the dog responds in a different way,they automaticaly know the difference between playing and PLAYING.

The Rottie are very very loyal and also very clever.

I tell you, come see mine and you will see how good they really can be,

Always buy a puppy,dont let them ever jump up to you,if the dog did this in the street to another kiddy their mother or father would swear the dog was attacking them,so best not let the dog get in to the habit,As a puppy take the dogs food away from it as its eating then give it back 10-20 seconds later,this way the dog gets used to someone taking away "its" toys,food etc,

Get their hips and eye score before you but the pup,as its Ł700 plus for a one side hip operation,so Ł1500 bill potentialy(sp).

The female is more placid than the male,they are usually smaller also,but they bleed, we had ours spade so thats not a problem now,

erm cant think what else,oh yeah buy lots and lots of toys for it and the hind chews wont go amiss,saves your skirting boards and furniture.

Heres a pic of mine just to start the album

hope this helps
Old 26-05-2005, 06:47 PM
All4it

i would say with children that Yong m8 you have got to keep your eye on them at all times .. not Becouse is a rotty tho but with any dog no matter how big or small!
i have 2 rotts borth coming up to 2 years old thay can get full of them selfs at times!
but look aftter them and thay will look aftter you

Old 26-05-2005, 08:01 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

dogs are usually perfect round kids imo

i had a white gsd that died 3 weeks ago, fooking cut up aint the word

he was the best dog in the world, he would lie on the floor and elise would sit on him and he would not get up until she was off, she would pull his tail and he would just move adn sit in another corner

he was a right cunt round other dogs though, he killed in the time i had him 2 neighbours dogs, ripped the head off a fox, chewed up a squirrel ( he fooked stayed dead still for ages then pounced on the fooker to get it , he was a cleaver fooker) thats the ones i know about and have seen

hes never ever bitten anyone ever though and he is scared of people and if ya kicked off ( like when the second dogs owner poped up to have a go ) he would hide in the kitchen

infact if ya tapped on the door or used the door bell he would bark like a fooker but if ya kicked the door he shut up and hid

so apart from animals he was cool

shame hes passed away now as i really miss him but i can have another dog in here, he had to stay with my parents as he was too big for our flat and was only fair to him

i was going to get a rotti before i got a gsd but i got warned about the smell so got the next best dog i liked thats also a good pet but got a white one, best thing about big dogs is people cross the street from them, didnt help that he had to wear a mussle either

good luck and as said about the food and jumping up, teach em to jump when ya tell em and the food is deffo important as kids tent to wind animals up and most dogs dont play with food

i used to get sampson to sit when i took food from him and also trained him to drop food when i told him and also he never ate food when walking him outside OR took food from peoples hands

oh and when ya catch ya dog drinking out pf a cup dont laugh, tell the fooker off or they keep doing it

we had to have tall slim cups cause mu dogs only fault was he liked coffee

sorry for rant but any adivce then bell me

also look at getting a dog from a charity if ya can then ya rehouse a dog and ya will fell a sence of achivement ( also its cheaper as i know ya a skin flint )

my dog used to be on animal hospital as he had epelpsy(SP) and they got a hoooooge picture of him on there wall that leads to the operating rooms, they loved him as he was soo cool and he caused such a head ache for all the other animals but the vets never got bitten by him ever

, im getting all sad and soppy
Old 26-05-2005, 08:04 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

heres a few of my mut

Old 26-05-2005, 08:15 PM
georgie1
PassionFord Post Troll

ere mine

this one is my boy

and this was my girl

Old 26-05-2005, 09:47 PM
saff_cossie
PassionFord Post Troll

Spent yesterday evening at my mates place who has one. Worked in his garage all night and the only annoying thing with it was pestering us for crisps. He play fights with it and it always backs down but he trained it well from a young age.

For instance he tried to remove a jubilee clip from the dogs mouth and as the dog understood "no biting" and "drop" he could retrieve it.

Have known that dog for 2 and a bit years and the key is "TRAINING" IMO.
Old 26-05-2005, 10:17 PM
Adrian
PassionFord Post Whore!!

My niece with her mate bud.

She was 2 when that pic was taken. Great dog with her and my nephew when he was under 1 yo. Not so great with my other nephew though as he was allergic to his coat so he had to go . They now got a newfoundland.

As said above, its all in the training. And I remember the amount of shit she used to give him and all he done in return was licked her face.
Old 26-05-2005, 10:28 PM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

I used to have a rottie - he was brill!
Good family pet & guard dog - really good temprement with my nieces & nephews who were kids at the time.
He lived for 12 years - miss him big time
Old 27-05-2005, 09:35 AM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

we had one at uni the biggest soppiest dog ever but a great pet.

It was my mates dog and that spent more time at our uni house and in the uni bar that where it was supposed to live.

lovely dog.
Old 27-05-2005, 09:47 AM
zvhturbo
PassionFord Post Troll

Got a rottie, they are the softest yet hardest dog ever.

He would never hert his family and will defend his family and property to the death.

Stop thinking and just get one, they are great dogs.
Old 27-05-2005, 01:33 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

We had 1 at the scrapyard when i worked there, big daft dopey git.
It WAS Frank's pet but didnt like his daughter (possible jealousy) so it would be good as gold then suddenly turn on you, thats why we used it at the scrappers as a guard dog.

We ended up selling him to another scrappers and the guy came back 2 days later asking if we would take him back as he kept going for people

Get a rescue dog, faithful little bleeders them, they must know youve done em a favour by gettin em, weve a mongrel (its mum was a rite slag as you cant tell what she is) and had her from 6 week old, she's had kids kick her, pull her whiskers, sit on her the lot and loves it, soft little git she is
Old 27-05-2005, 05:42 PM
Keith B

Well its your choice - I wouldnt want to risk my daughter jsut to look hard and Rotty's are such a chav accessory. If it ever did have a go at you or your little daughter I'd fancy my chances with the mild mannered Lab rather than the 9 stone muscle bound dog from hell.
Old 27-05-2005, 05:42 PM
apples24
Banned

ok rottie it is so......

BOY OR GIRL ??
Old 27-05-2005, 05:50 PM
georgie1
PassionFord Post Troll

i would say a girl as they r more loving and a bit smaller but saying that my boy one is just as loving as my girl one was but it alot more bigger and more stubbom
Old 27-05-2005, 06:03 PM
Barry_GTi

AWESOME pets mate, as above the key is get it young and spend a LOT of time training and the benefits will be huge. If it's your first I would say a Bitch aswell.

Old 27-05-2005, 06:10 PM
apples24
Banned

had 2 labs already bless them, both went within few months of eachother at around 12 yrs old loved em to bits

its not about looking hard but the security i have to admit is a little benificial, im more however concerened as a loving loya obidiant pet

just love rotties there just soooo big and cuddly
Old 27-05-2005, 06:15 PM
Barry_GTi

I would advise you get another at some point aswell though, mine loved having a partner(my white boxer).

She was so cool, if I went out and the ex-wife was in alone she'd sit by the door until I returned then she'd sit by my side all night.... we left the house doors open at night and she would come through to our room to check on us periodically throug the night...... so protective, loyal, cuddly, brave, obedient, smart, everything.

She eat a fuckin' shit load though hehehehe