General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

To all going to Castle Combe tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Old 22-04-2005, 06:19 PM
andyescos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To all going to Castle Combe tomorrow!

Hi all, not wanting to put a dampener on things, but, Five years ago tomorrow I put my Moonstone 3 door through a tyre wall at Castle Combe(it was all repaired, better than new infact, but that aint the point!)
The feeling you get when you crash on a track day is one of the most awefull feelings ever, I was physically sick.
So ,what is the point to my ramblings? FFS all of ya going on the track take care, Castle Combe is such a wide track with not much around ya to make you realise how quick you're actually going, It's very easy to crash there and destroy your pride and joy.
I thought I was the worlds greatest driver, all the croud were cheering me and my sideways ability(how I managed 2 laps amazes me, I should of crashed on the first, and it was raining, anyone remember it?)
So, learn the track and be carefull, don't do what I did and think you're McRae, it's just not worth it, there'll be a fair few smashes tomorrow, make sur it's none of ya!
Above all though, have a great day!
Andy