General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Fair

Search this Thread

Old 18-08-2022, 09:47 AM
STeve

Received 864 Likes on 692 Posts
Default Ford Fair

Shows you how times have changed on the net, back in the day after FF had just happened PF would be filled with pictures and reports good or bad, nowadays many see it as overhyped and overpriced

Last edited by STeve; 18-08-2022 at 09:51 AM.
Old 18-08-2022, 10:12 AM
RSMK4TURBO
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 97 Likes on 94 Posts

True enough, times have changed that's a fact. I went and it was ok but not what it was years back. Current and late Ford's covered more so with less old skool but still a few. Cost is very expensive to get in or buy anything whilst on site which is putting folk off, use to be my favourite show but not anymore which is a shame because it use to have a buzz around it.
The following users liked this post:
STeve (18-08-2022)
Old 18-08-2022, 10:54 AM
haz87
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 175 Likes on 165 Posts

It was weirdly quiet this year IMO. Drove straight in (as public) without any queues at all and that was around 10:20 so hardly late.
Didn't feel there was much of an atmosphere on site. Cars wise, I knew what I was in for so I won't go through that normal PF grumble

Think the last time I went was 2012, so a decade and its definitely not what it was. I'll stick to the mixed brand shows
STeve (18-08-2022)
Old 18-08-2022, 03:31 PM
STeve

Originally Posted by RSMK4TURBO
True enough, times have changed that's a fact. I went and it was ok but not what it was years back. Current and late Ford's covered more so with less old skool but still a few. Cost is very expensive to get in or buy anything whilst on site which is putting folk off, use to be my favourite show but not anymore which is a shame because it use to have a buzz around it.
I run a FST mk2 and enjoy the car but I dont want to attend a show and see another 1000 of the sods lol or see who cars pops loudest, I have attended a a few events this year including the festival of speed and they made more of fuss in a positive way about my car than the ford events

Originally Posted by haz87
It was weirdly quiet this year IMO. Drove straight in (as public) without any queues at all and that was around 10:20 so hardly late.
Didn't feel there was much of an atmosphere on site. Cars wise, I knew what I was in for so I won't go through that normal PF grumble

Think the last time I went was 2012, so a decade and its definitely not what it was. I'll stick to the mixed brand shows
I like you no doubt do the same thesedays as I get more fun from diverse shows that dont empty your pockets
Old 18-08-2022, 06:59 PM
Turbo Zetec
Engine Machinist

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

i get the moaning. too much of the same thing etc etc. it's probably what the cortina and capri crowd were saying when we were all there in cossies and rs turbos with different wheels and underbonnet bling

I bet if you're young and own a focus or fiesta, you'd probably love it. Most of us on here are older now, so prefer the older fords which are now becoming a rarity. There were a few and i enjoyed seeing them, as well as enjoying some modern fords with different mods. It did feel a bit quiet this year i'll agree, but that could have been to do with the 30+ degree heat and complete lack of shade!
STeve (19-08-2022)
Old 18-08-2022, 09:04 PM
BIG LEE
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by RSMK4TURBO
The shows started going down hill with prices for like a stall we used to do all the rsoc stuff etc but times aint like the good old days with baileys. west midlands rs center and nomad racing a1 rallysport etc etc.. even now saying its free to have stall its all to late as most arnt interested anymore massive shame like but i guess its just how it is..
STeve (19-08-2022)
Old 19-08-2022, 07:07 AM
STeve

Originally Posted by Turbo Zetec
i get the moaning. too much of the same thing etc etc. it's probably what the cortina and capri crowd were saying when we were all there in cossies and rs turbos with different wheels and underbonnet bling

I bet if you're young and own a focus or fiesta, you'd probably love it. Most of us on here are older now, so prefer the older fords which are now becoming a rarity. There were a few and i enjoyed seeing them, as well as enjoying some modern fords with different mods. It did feel a bit quiet this year i'll agree, but that could have been to do with the 30+ degree heat and complete lack of shade!
Im mid 50s and enjoy my modded Focus ST mk2 tbh and its creature comforts like ice cold A/C, most of the cossie owners no longer drive them and are in storage waiting on values to rise even further to sell, I attended the festival of speed this year and yes its a expensive show but damn you do get a hell of a lot of things to see and do and no wonder its spread over many days as impossible to take it all in on a single day visit
Old 21-08-2022, 06:30 PM
cossynut2
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 393 Likes on 358 Posts

Originally Posted by STEVE
Im mid 50s and enjoy my modded Focus ST mk2 tbh and its creature comforts like ice cold A/C, most of the cossie owners no longer drive them and are in storage waiting on values to rise even further to sell, I attended the festival of speed this year and yes its a expensive show but damn you do get a hell of a lot of things to see and do and no wonder its spread over many days as impossible to take it all in on a single day visit
Hi Steve I have only been to 3 car shows this year , Simply Ford at Beaulieu,(My local just 10 minutes away) Classic Ford at Ardingley, West Sussex and Goodwood Festival of Speed and I have to say they were all really good. Loads of interesting cars, plenty to see and do, met some very friendly people and had a great time at all three. Ford Fair has never appealed to me as the pop bang brigade put me off!!
STeve (21-08-2022)
Old 21-08-2022, 11:39 PM
BIG LEE
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by cossynut2
Hi Steve I have only been to 3 car shows this year , Simply Ford at Beaulieu,(My local just 10 minutes away) Classic Ford at Ardingley, West Sussex and Goodwood Festival of Speed and I have to say they were all really good. Loads of interesting cars, plenty to see and do, met some very friendly people and had a great time at all three. Ford Fair has never appealed to me as the pop bang brigade put me off!!
ive never really got the (pop bang) stuff fair enough when its set up right like anti lag system or the odd time your car spits a flame out or bangs but the focus fiesta and loads local sound shit tbh any car will do it with a no box system and no back pressure but would you want to. And now its not just the younger people aswell its people with out like bmws m4s etc nd amg mercs and stuff
Old 22-08-2022, 10:40 AM
STeve

Originally Posted by cossynut2
I like beaulieu and the new forrest just a pain travelling to there from the smoke, Goodwood for me this year was off the scale with a feature packed event, expensive but good and rest of time I stick to local events and breakfast meet type ones, Sorry to say the lure of ford fair has gone as seems to be the way with all kelsey run events when money is more important than people
Old 22-08-2022, 02:40 PM
cossynut2
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 393 Likes on 358 Posts

Originally Posted by STEVE
I like beaulieu and the new forrest just a pain travelling to there from the smoke, Goodwood for me this year was off the scale with a feature packed event, expensive but good and rest of time I stick to local events and breakfast meet type ones, Sorry to say the lure of ford fair has gone as seems to be the way with all kelsey run events when money is more important than people
I do agree that Goodwood festival of Speed is without doubt the best show of the year, you certainly get your money's worth. What I love is getting so close to the cars and motorbikes in the pits and I found some of the owners very happy to have a chat and answer any questions!! I do also like to take photo's to share with others on Passionford.
STeve (23-08-2022)