General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Focus Misbehaving

Search this Thread

Old 22-04-2021, 06:23 PM
JimboM
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Focus Misbehaving

Hi

I’ve got a recurring fault with my Focus and hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Vehicle is a 58 plate Focus 1.8 Tdci Style Estate with 95k on the clock. It starts and pulls away fine but as soon as I accelerate a bit harder the Engine Malfunction warning flashes up and the little red ‘i’ is lit on the dash. It’s not going into limp mode (or at least I can rev past 3,000rpm) but power does seem to be a bit down. Occasionally the orange engine warning light lights up as well and this will stay illuminated each time the engine is started until I clear it manually.

I’ve plugged in a generic OBD reader which shows no codes, but Forscan reports

PCM Module
P010F-F1 Mass or volume air flow sensor A/B Correlation
P0299-F1 Turbocharger/supercharger underboost

OBDII Module
P010F-C Mass or volume air flow sensor A/B Correlation

From that the MAF sensor would appear to be the first place to check\replace - I'll obviously give it a look over but is there any sort of testing or voltages I could check for to see if it's working properly.

Also I know DTC codes can often give a misleading indication of the fault so is this the most likely culprit or should I be looking elsewhere?

Thanks
Old 26-05-2021, 07:07 AM
hakils
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Focus Misbehaving

Misconduct and Arrangements Youngsters' conduct can be both puzzling and baffling. In any case, there are 7 normal reasons why kids get into mischief. In this class, you will find out about the various reasons, how to disentangle the purpose for the conduct to comprehend the explanation and heaps of devices and procedures for managing each purpose for the misconduct so you can kill it going ahead. snaptube vidmate
Old 27-05-2021, 08:37 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Have you had the sensor out and used some brake cleaner to clean it. My mondeo diesel donkey has done this before. The car hesitates then the engine light comes on.