General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Anembo Engineering any good?

Search this Thread

Old 26-02-2020, 04:59 PM
burnzy
burnzy

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Anembo Engineering any good?

I want to buy these

https://anemboengineering.co.uk/focu...n-key-inserts/

they are only m8 studs, just wanted to see if these guys have an ok reputation, better than spending £40 for just the studs from ford.
Old 26-02-2020, 05:31 PM
COLEYST200
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 144 Likes on 133 Posts

There stuff is very good but to 100% wot Rong with the standard ones
Old 26-02-2020, 05:58 PM
burnzy
burnzy

Fatigued now I think mate, I snapped one trying to tighten it up with just normal pressure on a 1/4” ratchet.

also the nuts are working loose, and it’s quite common apparently.

I've got one snapped stud so may aswell do the lot and change the gasket.

i think I can do it all from above on the mk4 Mondeo I may be lucky and remove all the studs whilst keeping everything in place, slide the new gasket in then install new studs, as long as they all come out ok that is.

only downside is not being able to clean mating surfaces but I’ll take the chance.
Old 26-02-2020, 06:02 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Received 415 Likes on 308 Posts

Gotta get it clean pal one way or another or your wasting your time, when we did the Humber V8 there was only a small gap but snuck in there with Stanley blade scraper, screwdriver and sandpaper around a thin file, bit fiddly but got it, we had no choice as engine gotta come out to get manifolds out FFS lol
Old 26-02-2020, 06:26 PM
burnzy
burnzy

I know your right so I’m not going to argue 🤣🤣 I may be able to pull the turbo away with a plastic wedge and get in with a Stanley blade to be fair. I don’t know how much movement is in the oil and water lines though 🥴 or even if there is a brace 🤣🤦🏻‍♂️

My b5 S4 needs the engine removing to take the manifolds off, the manifolds are twin walled to help with heat, but the inner skin cracks and comes loose on the early ones, not only does it sound like a skeleton masturbating but the rattling bits can break up and destroy the turbos.

so I found the rattling section with a stethoscope, and managed to drill the outer skin, tap it to m6 and insert a bolt to hold the loose bit down, it worked loose a couple of time’s so I welded it down, it then lasted until I eventually took the engine out 🤣
Old 26-02-2020, 07:34 PM
Caddyshack
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1,031 Likes on 944 Posts

Anembo are good
Old 26-02-2020, 07:51 PM
burnzy
burnzy

I had a google earlier and seen their stuff being sold on MSD’s website, so knew it was ok 👍 just ordered the kit anyway.
Old 26-02-2020, 07:54 PM
Jackstrath
Part of the Furniture

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I recently bought some wheel spacers for my focus rs mk1, told they had the cut outs for the abs sensor, which they did... but sadly they wernt deep enough and had to take the grinder to them anyway. Not a massive issue, but when the spacers were nearly £50 vs fords at £25, its not something i expected to take my grinder to to sort. otherwise lovely bits of kit but yeh a little disappointed.
Old 27-02-2020, 06:48 AM
cossynut2
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 398 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by Jackstrath
I recently bought some wheel spacers for my focus rs mk1, told they had the cut outs for the abs sensor, which they did... but sadly they wernt deep enough and had to take the grinder to them anyway. Not a massive issue, but when the spacers were nearly £50 vs fords at £25, its not something i expected to take my grinder to to sort. otherwise lovely bits of kit but yeh a little disappointed.
Unfortunately a lot of stuff which is advertised as a straight forward easy fit sometimes requires further modification to actually fit properly. In your case surely if the wheel spacers had been test fitted to a Focus RS mk 1 the problem would have been obvious.i would not have been happy either to have to take a grinder to brand new products!
Old 27-02-2020, 07:10 AM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Received 415 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by Jackstrath

That is a worrying sign as it proves the product has had zero testing, as if it had they would know it wouldn't fit !!!!
Old 27-02-2020, 08:19 PM
Jackstrath
Part of the Furniture

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They said sorry, and blamed the tool for getting pushed back in the machine. I guess its plausible but in this day and age slack tools shouldn't really be an excuse. on the other side of it the spacer is lovely presented so its clearly went through some debur stage where i thought they would of at lease ran a depth gauge/vernier to check spec/tolerances, but hey, that might be my engineering side coming out as everything we do oil and gas related involves a million measurements haha