General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

1000 hp r33 gtr

Search this Thread

Old 25-12-2019, 07:16 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Received 259 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by scoooby slayer
Mine is through the syvecs I believe so most likely quicker than stock shifts aswell
They'd be able to program for a fast or slow shift.

Obviously the faster things are done, on cars with more power, the harder it will be on the clutches.

Without a datalog though....only guessing on times.

Although your VBox logs should give a good indication as the car will stop accelerating briefly during the shifts and it will be visible.

I do recall AndyF comparing is with JohnH's after TOTB a few years ago after both running similar times/speeds for the 1km. And the speed trace of the GTR was remarkable, in that it made Andy's sequential box look like it was taking forever with the shifts. Andy's had clear steps ( and they would be very fast shifts ), the GTR's trace was almost shiftless so to speak lol.
Old 26-12-2019, 11:24 AM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Received 415 Likes on 308 Posts

I am in contact with hks kansai service in Japan now trying to get some confirmation of the build of the car
Old 26-12-2019, 07:07 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Bit more info today from work done in the UK

When car went to redline tuning they couldn't get it to run above 1.2 bar of boost, so exhaust was removed and it ran 1.8 bar no problem

So open side exit exhausts were made and it was run at 1.8 bar and made 954 hp, tuner advised a link ECU and cas removal for more revs and boost to pass 1000 hp !

Old 26-12-2019, 07:10 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

I would advise a proper ecu ( ie Syvecs ) and crank trigger.

What exhaust was on it ? Must have been f**ked ?

And a stupid looking side exit like that is illegal for the road. Although a quick/cheap/lazy way of making an exhaust. Fine if it is only a drag car not used on the road of course.

Last edited by stevieturbo; 26-12-2019 at 07:14 PM.
Old 26-12-2019, 07:30 PM
Mark Shead
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 223 Likes on 193 Posts

https://www.rigolimotorsports.com/nissan-gtr-rbking
Interersting one.

Mark
Old 26-12-2019, 07:49 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Stick a powerglide in anything and they seem to go mega fast lol.

Seems so odd for a 2 speed transmission !
Old 26-12-2019, 07:54 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
I would advise a proper ecu ( ie Syvecs ) and crank trigger.

What exhaust was on it ? Must have been f**ked ?

And a stupid looking side exit like that is illegal for the road. Although a quick/cheap/lazy way of making an exhaust. Fine if it is only a drag car not used on the road of course.

I don't know what exhaust was on it, but 2 gt32s running into a 3" if that's what it was I guess was asking to much

I don't think the side exit there would be illegal, but to loud no doubt, but nothing a couple of baffle caps wouldn't solve for mot

Or a full 4" or even 5" exhaust making with one box wouldn't be to much bother, I do love the side exit though and only really want the car for racing if I get it

Maps been checked and all good as is, but for more boost or rpm will need new ECU, main thing I'd want is geartronics flatshift fitting before anything else

Last edited by scoooby slayer; 26-12-2019 at 07:56 PM.
Old 26-12-2019, 07:58 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Stick a powerglide in anything and they seem to go mega fast lol.

Seems so odd for a 2 speed transmission !
Are those powerglides a 2 speed auto with a torque convertor ?
Old 26-12-2019, 07:59 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Mark Shead

Jesus 192 mph in the 1/4 mile that is bonkers, and with a 2 speed gearbox
Old 26-12-2019, 08:00 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Legally any exhaust must exit behind the cabin, it must have at least one silencer, and must not exit to the kerbside. And with the age of that car....cats etc.
And that's not even getting into the grey area of noise lol or going too deep into construction and use.

From a road use point of view, there is absolutely nothing legal about that exhaust. But it serves their purpose if there was an issue with the previous exhaust and they needed a quick/easy fix.

If the car already has a sequential gearbox, then any decent ecu will cover the flat shift, it doesnt need geartronics.
Old 26-12-2019, 08:02 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Are those powerglides a 2 speed auto with a torque convertor ?
Yes. But that's what seems to make them go so fast.

Strange really.

Even on Street Outlaws, although most are on 3 speeds, likes of Chucks car is a PG.

Such a tiny little gearbox, relatively cheap to build, but go so fast and can hold a ton of power. That said, a lot of people say they dont work so well in heavy cars for some reason.
Old 26-12-2019, 08:10 PM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

Received 435 Likes on 393 Posts

You starting your own fast and furious garage collection
Old 26-12-2019, 08:14 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Legally any exhaust must exit behind the cabin, it must have at least one silencer, and must not exit to the kerbside. And with the age of that car....cats etc.
And that's not even getting into the grey area of noise lol or going too deep into construction and use.

From a road use point of view, there is absolutely nothing legal about that exhaust. But it serves their purpose if there was an issue with the previous exhaust and they needed a quick/easy fix.

If the car already has a sequential gearbox, then any decent ecu will cover the flat shift, it doesnt need geartronics.

I didn't know that ? Il have to have a read up on link and see if they've got it.
Will it be as good as the geartronics though ? I just need the ignition cut so I can flat shift flat out
Old 26-12-2019, 08:17 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

I didn't know that ? Il have to have a read up on link and see if they've got it.
Will it be as good as the geartronics though ? I just need the ignition cut so I can flat shift flat out
if setup correctly, probably better. Geartronics is very good though although I've never used it. But as ultimately the geartronics has no control over the engine at all....and the ecu has all the control....it makes sense to have the ecu doing all of the work, rather than having to interface with an external controller.
With the right ecu of course.

And flat shifting with a sequential is more than just an ignition cut. It a sequence of controlled events to reduce power to allow the shift, and then ramp power back in once it has confirmed the shift is complete. All to ensure smooth safe operation that is both fast, and safe for the transmission
Old 26-12-2019, 08:39 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

if setup correctly, probably better. Geartronics is very good though although I've never used it. But as ultimately the geartronics has no control over the engine at all....and the ecu has all the control....it makes sense to have the ecu doing all of the work, rather than having to interface with an external controller.
With the right ecu of course.

And flat shifting with a sequential is more than just an ignition cut. It a sequence of controlled events to reduce power to allow the shift, and then ramp power back in once it has confirmed the shift is complete. All to ensure smooth safe operation that is both fast, and safe for the transmission

The geartronics is just a timed ignition cut/retard when shifting so I've read
I suppose if a link can do it then might be best option to put money towards a link and do fiat shift through that, then get trigger and go for 2.2 bar 1100 hp ish
Old 26-12-2019, 08:41 PM
Mark Shead
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Link is a average Ecu just sold cheap so now popular. If changing Ecu in that spec car I would be on a high end Ecu.

Mark
Old 26-12-2019, 08:42 PM
Mark Shead
PassionFord Post Whore!!

The geartronics is just a timed ignition cut/retard when shifting so I've read
I suppose if a link can do it then might be best option to put money towards a link and do fiat shift through that, then get trigger and go for 2.2 bar 1100 hp ish
You want a next gear stable set up for flat shift rather than timed.

Mark
Old 26-12-2019, 10:32 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

I would not be choosing Link. Hence I said a proper ecu.

And as Mark says, it needs a proper closed loop setup. The box should have a gear position sensor, so it will know when it is in gear etc, so any power reductions or restorations will be based on this. Not some guesswork timings.

Last edited by stevieturbo; 26-12-2019 at 10:36 PM.
Old 26-12-2019, 10:37 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Mark Shead
Link is a average Ecu just sold cheap so now popular. If changing Ecu in that spec car I would be on a high end Ecu.

Mark

I've had a look they do the emtron ECU plug and play for r33 gtr, what's cost of one of those mark ?
Is boost control built into the ecu ? And can they do sequential flatshift without alot of extra associated cost ?

I'm just looking at the Dyno plot now and it's the waviest one I've ever seen, I don't know if it's varieing boost or ignition causing it or if there's anything else causing it, I know redline were happy with it though so I assume it's safe as it is
Old 26-12-2019, 10:41 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

I would not be choosing Link. Hence I said a proper ecu.

And as Mark says, it needs a proper closed loop setup. The box should have a gear position sensor, so it will know when it is in gear etc, so any power reductions or restorations will be based on this. Not some guesswork timings.
Defo has that in a video I've seen of it there's a digital display inside that shows which gear it's in
The geartronics is listed as a closed loop design but I doubt it could do it through an old fcon ECU, I could be wrong though it might do it, but I do know the crude method they don't like but will do is interuption of coils
Old 26-12-2019, 10:50 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

As long as your box has a gear position sensor, which it should, and there is a load cell on the shift mech somewhere....then any decent ecu will be able to accommodate your needs correctly.

There are other options for detecting shift status, but that would be the best

Likewise, any decent ecu will have all the boost control options you'd ever need. Syvecs will easily do it as it does on your GTR.

Or of course Mark could sort the Emtron side of things
Old 27-12-2019, 07:57 AM
Mark Shead
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I've had a look they do the emtron ECU plug and play for r33 gtr, what's cost of one of those mark ?
Is boost control built into the ecu ? And can they do sequential flatshift without alot of extra associated cost ?

I'm just looking at the Dyno plot now and it's the waviest one I've ever seen, I don't know if it's varieing boost or ignition causing it or if there's anything else causing it, I know redline were happy with it though so I assume it's safe as it is
It does everything you would want it to do.
cost I can’t put on here as not a trader.

Mark
Old 30-12-2019, 08:23 AM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Kansai service don't know the car, I'm trying to find a contact detail for R G F now, it's not a deal breaker but just nice to know for certain the origin of the tuning of the car.

After Paul @ JDM garage supplying me the supra and the so called pro built engine being fucked from day one it makes one a little paranoid of the unknown
Old 30-12-2019, 10:05 AM
stevieturbo
C**t

Tuning is the easy thing to fix.

The actual build is what needs to be right in the first place.

All too many adverts make big claims about what either is supposed to be in a car, or the owner has some misguided perception is in a car they have.

Certainly coming from largely a Subaru background....the amount of complete and utter bullshit you see really defies belief, but somehow the owners must actually believe the BS they write about their cars and what the engines etc are supposed to be.
Even in the most simplistic terms....more often than not their sooper dooper "forged" engine.....is a fucking bog standard engine with different pistons. Yet because it cost a lot to repair as there's a lot of labour etc, they think it's some unburstable work of art. Errr...no...it's still a standard engine lol
Old 30-12-2019, 10:21 AM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Tuning is the easy thing to fix.

The actual build is what needs to be right in the first place.

All too many adverts make big claims about what either is supposed to be in a car, or the owner has some misguided perception is in a car they have.

Certainly coming from largely a Subaru background....the amount of complete and utter bullshit you see really defies belief, but somehow the owners must actually believe the BS they write about their cars and what the engines etc are supposed to be.
Even in the most simplistic terms....more often than not their sooper dooper "forged" engine.....is a fucking bog standard engine with different pistons. Yet because it cost a lot to repair as there's a lot of labour etc, they think it's some unburstable work of art. Errr...no...it's still a standard engine lol

By tuning I ment the build of it buddy, but yeah I hear what your saying with all the fucktards about.

I've had one UK build Jap the supra and that had all the parts but was fucked !
My last r33 was Jap built and the motor was real good.

I'm fairly sure the motor is definitely special on this one to be spooling 2 gt30 hydrids for full boost at 5750 rpm and go on to make 954 hp at 1.8 bar
Some big cams and decent head work would be needed to pull that I'm sure, but would be nice just to get some feedback from the builder and tuner of it
Old 30-12-2019, 10:34 AM
stevieturbo
C**t

Proper history is everything for sure. Very hard to trace though if you don't know the car personally, or those involved with the build.
Old 30-12-2019, 01:31 PM
XRT_si
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts

I know matt j Hollinger sequential box shifts faster than my r35, I just cant remember the figures il go and try find the thread
Andyy Forest told me his R35 DCT conversion changed gear quicker than his previous sequential set up - I'll dig out the figures.
Old 30-12-2019, 03:42 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by XRT_si
Andyy Forest told me his R35 DCT conversion changed gear quicker than his previous sequential set up - I'll dig out the figures.
Thatd be great cheers mate, I hope there's not to much in it or I might have to abandon the idea and use my r35 lol

Maybe I could do a go fund me page for an albins transmission lmfao
Old 30-12-2019, 03:47 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Proper history is everything for sure. Very hard to trace though if you don't know the car personally, or those involved with the build.
It is mate, I know it's not kansai service or auto select, waiting on a contact detail for Kanazawa hiroyuki the owner of R G F, and have also contacted mines.

I've been doing a lot of Japanese translating the last few days lol

Half wish I hadnt seen it now as I've got a serious hard on for an old skyline with a sequential and a hoofing pair of gt30s hanging off it ffs lol
7000 rpm full bore launch with a trailer ready to take all the bits home
Old 30-12-2019, 03:53 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

The twins would put me off it. A single would make more sense, and be a damn sight easier to work with.
Old 30-12-2019, 05:04 PM
XRT_si
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts

It is mate, I know it's not kansai service or auto select, waiting on a contact detail for Kanazawa hiroyuki the owner of R G F, and have also contacted mines.

I've been doing a lot of Japanese translating the last few days lol

Half wish I hadnt seen it now as I've got a serious hard on for an old skyline with a sequential and a hoofing pair of gt30s hanging off it ffs lol
7000 rpm full bore launch with a trailer ready to take all the bits home
Fair play!

Agree with Steve that I'd rather it was a single on Syvecs for simplicity.

I found my old R32 GT-R a little boring, but it was low power.

I'm looking to sell my BMW and buy something new to play with, but not sure what yet.
Old 30-12-2019, 05:54 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by XRT_si
Fair play!

Agree with Steve that I'd rather it was a single on Syvecs for simplicity.

I found my old R32 GT-R a little boring, but it was low power.

I'm looking to sell my BMW and buy something new to play with, but not sure what yet.

What power was your 32 ? Had loads of fun in mine at 580 hp
Old 30-12-2019, 06:04 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

The twins would put me off it. A single would make more sense, and be a damn sight easier to work with.
It would be easier with a big single but once set up right should atill be good on twins it's certainly making the power on a Dyno dynamics aswell, my R32 was on twins and was fine wot but did shuffle abit at light throttle but that was on afms not map sensor, that's only twins I've had but being fcon map sensor there shouldn't be any shuffle with this one I believe

and I just like it 2 hoofin turbos filling the left side under bonnet lol
Old 30-12-2019, 08:11 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Viewing and test drive provisionally booked, needs to be a dry day it's on Mickey Thompson et streets all round lol
Old 30-12-2019, 09:13 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

I see it has one of those tiny SARD type fuel pressure regs...I utterly despise those pieces of shit !

And as much as someone has put a lot of effort into that fuel system in the boot....I do not see aluminium hardline pipes as a good or reliable options. I had issues with mine pinholing for no reason. I would never use that type of pipe again.
It's also a massively convoluted route to get fuel from what appears to be the surge tank, and into the fuel pumps via the filters. IMO a poor layout for a functional reliable setup, even it it almost looks pretty.

A cell/surge with a couple of in-tank pumps would remove a lot of that bullshit and offer a good safety/functionality improvement.

It would be interesting to know what is in-tank supplying all that above too.
Old 30-12-2019, 09:14 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

This is the first I actually looked at the photos...

And what are all the pop rivets for ??? Surely they arent holding the chassis legs etc on ?

http://www.harlow-jap-autos.co.uk/HJA195.057.JPG
Old 30-12-2019, 09:16 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

They do actually pass through and into where the chassis legs should be spot welded ?

Surely nobody could be as stupid as to drill all the spot welds and rivet them instead ?

I would have a serious look at that. As structurally and legally for any MOT....surely that has to be a massive red flag ?
Old 31-12-2019, 12:20 AM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

They do actually pass through and into where the chassis legs should be spot welded ?

Surely nobody could be as stupid as to drill all the spot welds and rivet them instead ?

I would have a serious look at that. As structurally and legally for any MOT....surely that has to be a massive red flag ?
Ive seen a few Jap cars like this pop rivetted on the Seams between the spot welds, I guess it's there alternative to seam welding for some reason
I got a close up pic it's defo between spot welds, but I will still have to check with an mot guy I know if it will be an issue

​​​​​​Fuel system in boot will be a 300 lph pump in tank filling boot tank, it's how alot of them have looked from years ago

It's a car built and tuned 10 years ago in somebody's collection that's the story that goes with it

I hadn't thought about legalitys though I'm glad you mentioned it I will ask my mate TMRW what he thinks about it for mot purposes
Old 31-12-2019, 12:25 AM
stevieturbo
C**t

Those rivets are madness

Every single one breaking through rust protection !!! I guess the tester can see that it isnt some sort of weird repair....but it's just bizarre anyone would do such a thing to a car deliberately, and for no real good reason.
Old 31-12-2019, 12:36 AM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Those rivets are madness

Every single one breaking through rust protection !!! I guess the tester can see that it isnt some sort of weird repair....but it's just bizarre anyone would do such a thing to a car deliberately, and for no real good reason.

The Japs think it stiffens the shell like seam welding that's the info I've read about it

Quick Reply: 1000 hp r33 gtr