General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

New car to the fleet Twizy

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2019, 09:10 PM
mk1turboestate
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 73 Likes on 68 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Caddyshack
It’s how to take her phot without getting caught!

No cctv?
Old 07-07-2019, 11:09 PM
visa_broke

Received 330 Likes on 309 Posts

Not a bad idea, maybe a torque fill until the turbo is at full boost?
By the time you get it back the internal combustion engine might be obsolete

It’s how to take her phot without getting caught!
as above, pics or she's a moose
Old 08-07-2019, 09:46 AM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

Well I could have guessed you wouldn’t approve, Jay.

It is a small snippet of the future.

LOL my misses is going on about a electric car as she only does around 3k a year and thinks itll save money but im not convinced that the tech is ready yet lol
Old 09-07-2019, 08:46 AM
XRT_si
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts

Interesting, I'm looking at buying a BMW i3 Rex soon. I've driven one before for a week and loved it and seem to make a lot of sense as I drive 20 miles through town each day.
Old 09-07-2019, 11:01 AM
Caddyshack
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1,032 Likes on 945 Posts

Originally Posted by XRT_si
Interesting, I'm looking at buying a BMW i3 Rex soon. I've driven one before for a week and loved it and seem to make a lot of sense as I drive 20 miles through town each day.
My friend has over 10 cars and he mainly drives his i3 rex. He did not bother with the larger battery as he gets around 100 miles and is covered by the REX if he runs out...he finds it beneficial to make the rex kick in as the fuel goes off in a relatively short time if not used up.

He said his is around 170bhp and beats most cars from 0-30 / 0-40.

The twiz is great in town as you can nip through traffic that would normally mean waiting for the other cars to pass.
Old 09-07-2019, 11:11 AM
XRT_si
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts

My friend has over 10 cars and he mainly drives his i3 rex. He did not bother with the larger battery as he gets around 100 miles and is covered by the REX if he runs out...he finds it beneficial to make the rex kick in as the fuel goes off in a relatively short time if not used up.

He said his is around 170bhp and beats most cars from 0-30 / 0-40.

The twiz is great in town as you can nip through traffic that would normally mean waiting for the other cars to pass.
Good to hear. I had an i3 on test when they first came out and went to the press launch where they were putting them up against E92 BMW M3s for acceleration tests. The i3 would win (in well-selected tests, of course).

I'd be half tempted by a Twizzy to be honest (did have a quick look on ebay at them!), but fighting London traffic I don't think they have the road presence for the kind of defensive driving you need to do going through the Blackwall Tunnel etc...

Cool little thing though!

Last edited by XRT_si; 09-07-2019 at 11:21 AM.
Old 09-07-2019, 11:14 AM
Caddyshack
10K+ Poster!!

Yes, London traffic is far more aggressive. You could certainly nip through gaps in the Twiz but it might get a bit scary at times. I think I would have a very lairy wrap at least.
Old 09-07-2019, 10:25 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Yes, London traffic is far more aggressive. You could certainly nip through gaps in the Twiz but it might get a bit scary at times. I think I would have a very lairy wrap at least.

Tbh In my mind this is ok with a 50 mile total journey if you have another car to take up the slack if transport is needed as you have said Toby and in all seriousness it would be great if people used this type of vehicle if they only do short journeys but many drop kids off ect and and then go on to commute to work ect so I think these are more of a gimmick and a tesla is a much better option and for me I am going to wait to see what the actual real world running costs charging ect before i jump in but for me at the momoent our 2018 kuga tdci actual works out a more of a cost effective choice compared to the costs of a full electric car atm but I am very interested in this tech
Old 10-07-2019, 08:04 PM
Caddyshack
10K+ Poster!!

Very true, Jay. I am doing around 100 miles a week in it and it only takes a short charge so should be peanuts. Would be useless as an only car though. As you say a turbo diesel family car makes much more sense.

the problem with the Tesla is that is an expensive car, what would it be worth in 5 - 7 yrs, I fear they may be throw away like phones and laptops.

i fitted the power box today, it can now do 70 mph and accelerates much faster, it does eat the battery but you can set the regen so it feels like hard braking so you can up the range that way.
Old 10-07-2019, 11:33 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Very true, Jay. I am doing around 100 miles a week in it and it only takes a short charge so should be peanuts. Would be useless as an only car though. As you say a turbo diesel family car makes much more sense.

the problem with the Tesla is that is an expensive car, what would it be worth in 5 - 7 yrs, I fear they may be throw away like phones and laptops.

i fitted the power box today, it can now do 70 mph and accelerates much faster, it does eat the battery but you can set the regen so it feels like hard braking so you can up the range that way.

That's cool that its using kinetic energy to boost battery efficiency I think this needs looking into more . I'm glad you see my point with value of a expensive vehicle dropping so quickly so by the time the math is done fossle fuel still wins but the electric car still fascinates me .

What I do like about electric cars is the instant torque
Old 11-07-2019, 10:52 AM
Caddyshack
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Jay,
That's cool that its using kinetic energy to boost battery efficiency I think this needs looking into more . I'm glad you see my point with value of a expensive vehicle dropping so quickly so by the time the math is done fossle fuel still wins but the electric car still fascinates me .

What I do like about electric cars is the instant torque

Yes, the depreciation and then what to do with all the buggered batteries seems to mean fossil fuel is the way to go until we go hydrogen or something else. I think the government love elec as they can produce it in the UK and tax the crap out of us and control us. We have been to war over oil production and it is odd how Iraq was attacked at just the same time as they tried to de-couple the price of a barrel of oil from the US Dollar!!!! If we drop the reliance on oil then the UK is stronger. They did it with diesel and then taxed it when we converted, the same will happen with elec...even if it becomes a scrappage tax.

I hope that manufacturers make hyper clean petrol engine and light weight cars to save the IC engine.

The torque is great on elec and as a torque fill coupled to petrol it works but the weight and cost probably negates the benefit.

My mate has an I3 bm, 170 bhp, loads of torque and a motorbike engine purely to range extend, it is not coupled to the drive train, it just produces electricity. That seems a way to go but why not have cars on scalextric tracks>?
Old 12-07-2019, 02:49 AM
visa_broke

yes as far as I know I thought 5 years and the batteries are pretty much on there way out. I see them every day (apparently elon musk was in town today) as I can look out of work and see the Tesla plant if I wanted to.

Me & my wife looked into getting one a few years ago but too many unknowns with battery and resale values as we don't keep cars that long.

Always freaks me out seeing the solid front and no air vents
Old 12-07-2019, 08:46 AM
Caddyshack
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by visa_broke
yes as far as I know I thought 5 years and the batteries are pretty much on there way out. I see them every day (apparently elon musk was in town today) as I can look out of work and see the Tesla plant if I wanted to.

Me & my wife looked into getting one a few years ago but too many unknowns with battery and resale values as we don't keep cars that long.

Always freaks me out seeing the solid front and no air vents

My battery is leased with a guarantee that it will not fall below 75% of the original spec and if it does they will replace the battery OR I believe I can break the contract at that point and put in my own. It is actually a quick job to swap out the battery on my car and could easily be done in a couple of hours. So far it seems to be doing well and it has done 10,000 miles now over 6+ yrs.
Old 14-07-2019, 02:47 PM
visa_broke

I may have missed them but where did you post the maid pictures
Old 15-07-2019, 01:27 PM
Caddyshack
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by visa_broke
I may have missed them but where did you post the maid pictures
Lol.

I nearly snapped a pic the other day but could you imagine getting caught?...explain that one. I did tease her once that I was going to post her pics on "Rate my cleaner" !

Dropped the Twizy off for wrapping today...38 miles was a bit scary on the A3 dual carriage way when it got down to 5 miles left in range! I got there JUST.
Old 17-07-2019, 06:03 PM
Caddyshack
10K+ Poster!!

Well it is far more subtle now...that’ll keep it hidden

Old 17-07-2019, 10:06 PM
STEVEST24
ST by Name and by Nature

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Good choice with the camo, works a treat, was too matt black before, but now it blends nicely, also clever didn't do it all camo as possibly be too much, so as they say less sometimes is more!
The following users liked this post:
Caddyshack (18-07-2019)
Old 18-07-2019, 08:23 AM
Caddyshack
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by STEVEST24
Good choice with the camo, works a treat, was too matt black before, but now it blends nicely, also clever didn't do it all camo as possibly be too much, so as they say less sometimes is more!
Thanks mate, glad you like it