General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adrian flux my cossie insurers in liquidation

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 05:55 PM
tiny2white
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dave cos4x4
After a call to need2insure i have now an insurance to cover the cost of my car should anything happen however i had to pay more to cover this.

If you are paying a low preimium please ask why as your car may only be insured for xxxx amount, pay a bit more and it will cover you for a few thousand more ect....

It will not be the ' going rate' its insured for but for the preimium you are paying for so please ask and pay the right money so you get paid the right money.
That's very much the case with any insurance, although I think you are missing the point.......

If my car was sorn and parked on my drive and was hit by a 3rd party......... I would be paid MARKET VALUE.

The incident was a no fault accident with video evidence to prove and as I have said the insurance ombudsman has stated that MY INSURANCE should have been working on my behalf and obtaining market value.

So as you rightly say...... If I had been claiming against my own insurance, I would have only expect up to the schedule value. And I guess the fact that once I handled the claim myself direct with the 3rd party's insurer I obtained MARKET VALUE....... my point is proven that as quick as these people take your money, they also wash their hands of you when it comes to doing what you paid them to do.

Be careful of paying for agreed values with additional on your premium, because if that agreed value is greater than the MARKET VALUE......... Guess which one they will pay!
Old 03-08-2016, 06:16 PM
tony66
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts
Default insurance

when you come to insure some cars-an example being my current 2006 rs4-the figure that pops up in the value box for insurance is around half what they go for[iirc shows 8k they go for around 16k]-same with my previous sti widetrack-figure is around half the going rate for a car worth having
dunno who values their cars or provides the data but i wouldnt mind buying cars for the money they value them at...
Old 05-08-2016, 08:19 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Received 258 Likes on 237 Posts

Bottom line....all insurers and their agents are robbing criminal bastards, largely because they're so heavily supported and encouraged by robbing criminal bastards in government which creates such a dirty scummy corrupt system.

What have the insurance ombudsman said about it all ?

How did you pay ? I guess if via credit card you could maybe pursue a refund there ? Although surely your contract is with Flux who arranged the whole thing and accepted any monies from you for it ?
So they would....should be liable for any refunds etc ?
Old 05-08-2016, 08:19 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Received 258 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by Vacuman
Is there not the same as ATOL (holiday protection) for the motor insurance business? An organisation that the insurance companies have to pay into (as insurance) in case one goes bust?

No way in 2016 should there be a situation where, through no fault of their own, drivers are at risk of being involved in potentially massive claims against them personally whilst a letter is in the post telling them their cover has vanished.
Absolutely...but everything about car insurance is so fucking corrupt it isnt funny.
Old 05-08-2016, 11:17 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 560 Likes on 522 Posts

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
Absolutely...but everything about car insurance is so fucking corrupt it isnt funny.
I said this in another thread but got ridiculed from people claiming that car insurance was great :-(
Old 06-08-2016, 02:16 PM
Carlos-Titx
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 103 Likes on 86 Posts

In instances like this the broker should be the ones to pay out for their customers. You know, the ones they make profits from?

Typical flux eh.

Another few reasons in this thread to add to the list to never use them again.
Old 06-08-2016, 02:27 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

in anything else you buy your contract of sale is with the person you paid your money to not their suppliers so they shouldn't be able to pass the buck but insurance is a snidey game so I would expect the customer will be the one out of pocket.
Old 06-08-2016, 02:42 PM
Carlos-Titx
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 103 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by fuzzy
in anything else you buy your contract of sale is with the person you paid your money to not their suppliers so they shouldn't be able to pass the buck but insurance is a snidey game so I would expect the customer will be the one out of pocket.
It's outright theft in my opinion and ran by dishonest cunts.

Thankfully I've only had to deal with it once and I did that my self. My broker didn't even know till everything was settled, fixed and paid for.
Had a bit of a shit on but no doubt because I didn't use a solicitor that they get paid by to get cases.
Old 08-08-2016, 07:25 PM
dingla rs
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Iv just done the bathrooms an heating in the flux's new shooting estate well his son anyway
My cosworth is insured by then too not heard out tho