Old 03-08-2016, 05:55 PM
tiny2white
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dave cos4x4
After a call to need2insure i have now an insurance to cover the cost of my car should anything happen however i had to pay more to cover this.

If you are paying a low preimium please ask why as your car may only be insured for xxxx amount, pay a bit more and it will cover you for a few thousand more ect....

It will not be the ' going rate' its insured for but for the preimium you are paying for so please ask and pay the right money so you get paid the right money.
That's very much the case with any insurance, although I think you are missing the point.......

If my car was sorn and parked on my drive and was hit by a 3rd party......... I would be paid MARKET VALUE.

The incident was a no fault accident with video evidence to prove and as I have said the insurance ombudsman has stated that MY INSURANCE should have been working on my behalf and obtaining market value.

So as you rightly say...... If I had been claiming against my own insurance, I would have only expect up to the schedule value. And I guess the fact that once I handled the claim myself direct with the 3rd party's insurer I obtained MARKET VALUE....... my point is proven that as quick as these people take your money, they also wash their hands of you when it comes to doing what you paid them to do.

Be careful of paying for agreed values with additional on your premium, because if that agreed value is greater than the MARKET VALUE......... Guess which one they will pay!