General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Dartford Crossing tolls and fines

Search this Thread

Old 29-07-2016, 01:23 PM
XRT_si
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts

It automatically comes out mate.
The following users liked this post:
Fast Guy (29-07-2016)
Old 29-07-2016, 04:07 PM
Fil
ELASTIC BAND

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast Guy
Question, I have an account set up, but went through out of hours last time. Do I need to make some sort of payment on line or does it automatically come out of my account?
what do you mean " out of hours" if 10pm to 6am, acount or not its free.
Old 02-08-2016, 12:28 PM
martysmartie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 103 Likes on 101 Posts

On another note and for those who commute via the tunnel, what is the journey like?

Martin
Old 02-08-2016, 02:08 PM
Fil
ELASTIC BAND

Originally Posted by martysmartie
On another note and for those who commute via the tunnel, what is the journey like?

Martin
at a guess its dog shit!

i use the tunnel alot out of peak rush hour and its pot luck to getting a decent run through!
Old 02-08-2016, 04:32 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

LOL @ "It's a fucking joke having to pay within a day!" - err, you used to have to stop and pay at time of crossing, so 24hrs is a LOT longer!

And yes, the original toll charges were to pay for it's construction. Once that was paid for, they put the charges up and told everyone it's to pay for it's upkeep. Then it was sold it to a French company to run and maintain it, who made the non-stop conversion/upgrade, so naturally they (the French company) want the motorists to pay for that (and make some profit too of course). No doubt something else will happen in the future to prolong it's money-making potential, and the prices will no doubt go up too.

As for double backs when you'd made a mistake. Yes, you could do that when it was manned. Explain to the operator that you'd made a mistake and needed to go through and turn round - done it myself, twice Was told to go to the roundabout, come back and go through the same booth, and both times I didn't have to pay.

Only been over it once since it went non-stop and it was quicker I'll give it that. That was with a company Dart tag so I've no experience of the pay or fine situation
Old 04-08-2016, 11:13 AM
martysmartie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Fil
at a guess its dog shit!

i use the tunnel alot out of peak rush hour and its pot luck to getting a decent run through!
Just declined (regrettably) a job over your side (Ford), but not for this reason, but it was a consideration.

When I went for the interview I had no issue, which was early morning, but guess I was lucky.

I guess it has got better, now the booths have gone.

Martin
Old 04-08-2016, 12:50 PM
XRT_si
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts

The bridge in the mornings is virtually always no bother. The tunnel is the evenings is virtually always fucked.

After using it everyday for 4 years or so, I've now resorted to using the Blackwall Tunnel, as at least I don't have to pay £70 a month to sit in traffic that way!
Old 04-08-2016, 04:44 PM
Fil
ELASTIC BAND

Originally Posted by martysmartie
Just declined (regrettably) a job over your side (Ford), but not for this reason, but it was a consideration.

When I went for the interview I had no issue, which was early morning, but guess I was lucky.

I guess it has got better, now the booths have gone.

Martin

the bridge side is better without the booths, but coming. back tunnel side seems to be just as hit and miss as when you the booths?
Old 05-08-2016, 11:23 AM
martysmartie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by XRT_si
The bridge in the mornings is virtually always no bother. The tunnel is the evenings is virtually always fucked.

After using it everyday for 4 years or so, I've now resorted to using the Blackwall Tunnel, as at least I don't have to pay £70 a month to sit in traffic that way!
I get the train to where I am now, but always drove prior to that and thought back to when I used to sit in traffic. I guessed coming back would be worse, as everyone is there at the same time, where as going you can leave at an earlier time.

Martin
Old 05-08-2016, 01:52 PM
Fil
ELASTIC BAND

avoid it right now if you can!

http://m.essexchronicle.co.uk/m25-da...ail/story.html