General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

what would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 09:21 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 560 Likes on 522 Posts

Originally Posted by James @ M Developments.
That's how much the light costs, I don't want second hand shite on my car that was mint before his bin attacked it, why should I? That's just the light, what about the other damage? It's not my fault its costly to fix.
Over £700 for a headlight is damn right ridiculous! Not saying that's not how much it is don't get me wrong, just seems like madness!!
Old 01-04-2015, 09:27 PM
St3V3_C
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by gcfcos
Why not?

And yes I do know some
Said like a true racist.

lol.
Old 01-04-2015, 09:28 PM
James @ M Developments.
BANNED

BANNED

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

yeah thought so too, they are complex hids with angle eyes etc, and adaptive, the car has all the toys which is why it owes me so much

I got the price today from the dealers

Last edited by James @ M Developments.; 01-04-2015 at 09:32 PM.
Old 01-04-2015, 09:31 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by St3V3_C
Said like a true racist. lol.
What race are polish then? White same as me? I must be racist then, bugger :-(

By the way some of my best friends are white
Old 01-04-2015, 09:32 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

yeah thought so too, they are complex hids with angle eyes etc, I got the price today from the dealers
Bloody hell no wonder your pissed off!!
Old 01-04-2015, 09:36 PM
St3V3_C
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

What race are polish then? White same
White is a colour, not a race.
Old 01-04-2015, 09:38 PM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by St3V3_C
Why would you treat him any different because he's Polish?

How is the night before not complying with this?

I think it's just one of those things mate. If anything, try the council. I'd be trying to repair the light - for that money there has to be something someone can do for a mounting.
Exactly what i was thinking, in my street 99% of people put the bin out the night before with no problems.
Old 01-04-2015, 09:38 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

the simple solution is to bum his whole family
Old 01-04-2015, 09:42 PM
James @ M Developments.
BANNED

BANNED

We live not far from the prom, it gets real windy some nights and the last 2 nights have been really bad, when I went out at 2.45am to pick up the bits of car off the road I looked too see if any others had put the bins out, I purposely hadn't because of the wind, and counted 2. His being one of them. Most seemed to use a little intelligence

Last edited by James @ M Developments.; 01-04-2015 at 09:45 PM.
Old 01-04-2015, 09:52 PM
rog
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

Don't blame you for being pissed off, unfortunately I guess there is little you can do about it in terms of controlling how other people live, especially when it was unintentional but perhaps bad judgement.
It's his attitude afterwards that matters most I think, even if he can't cover the damage being remorseful is a start.
Old 01-04-2015, 10:03 PM
neilrev
Regular Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

the tags are epic! fpmsl
Old 02-04-2015, 08:23 AM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Received 106 Likes on 93 Posts

i dont have anywhere to keep our bins so they stay out the front of the house, been meaning to build a little wood hut thing to keep them in.

anyway, our bin gets blown into the road sat morning - was emptied the day before so the missus gets it and lays it down between the wall and my car.

so the wind blows it into the drivers door of my car and it then wedges against the wheel/wall leaving a 3" x 3" scrape on the door!

i threw the wife out.

ok i didnt but i was still a bit pissed off - but if it was going to cost a fair wedge of cash to fix then she would be living in the garage!

imo, get the bin, murder the guy and then put him in it, then throw the lot through his front window.

job done.

or see if you can claim off your house insurance?
Old 02-04-2015, 09:28 AM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Received 415 Likes on 308 Posts

the only chance you have is to try and claim of your house insurance and say your bin hit your car maybe ?

to try and get anything from your neighbour I think you will be pissing in the wind unfortunately
Old 02-04-2015, 09:37 AM
jaiscossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Typical attitude of most people these days, only look out for themselves. I bet if it was the other way around he would be banging your door down. Being nice gets you no where these days,
Old 02-04-2015, 10:13 AM
morcheen
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

wouldn't be be really unfortunate if his bin ended up through his windscreen one windy night
Old 02-04-2015, 10:29 AM
Caddyshack
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1,031 Likes on 944 Posts

You say you wouldn't put second hand rubbish on your car but if your car is say 1 yr old and you buy a good unit from Quarry motors from the same age of car then surely the part is no older than the one it replaces?

My 135i had the adaptive xenons and there is a weak point on the top, both units failed, i repaired them and it was not a bodge.

I do not think this thread should drop in to a racist slur.

I would also not take it out on his property as you are then no better than him, if you truly feel that he has no morals then the best thing to do it be the better example to him.

Tiger seal round the lid would be funny to watch though!
Old 02-04-2015, 10:50 AM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

Received 237 Likes on 151 Posts

yeah I think I will struggle,
Neighbour parks on his garden, doesn't have a proper driveway with no dropped kerb, so im going to wait until his car is in there and park in front of his "entrance" until he pays, ill use my bike to go to work

I assume you wish to continue to live there. If so starting a war with a neighbour is very unwise for starters he may be far more vindictive than you & cause you more problems down the line & a lot more damage. If you have a problem you try to sort it out, if you cant sometimes in life you have to bite the bullet because life is not always fair & getting justice as you see it may come back to bite you in the bum. Don't listen to some of the herberts on this thread rise above the gutter lever of revenge if things don't go your way. Im older & far wiser than they are.
The following 3 users liked this post by Rod-Tarry:
Paul_RS (05-04-2015), RS 5tu (05-04-2015), STAFFY OWNER (05-04-2015)
Old 02-04-2015, 11:55 AM
gingeRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

i agree with rod

to me it sounds like an accident, they happen, and getting all clever about how you are so smart, and wouldn't leave it a bin out in the wind etc is pointless and a little patronising

find a second had light eventually and just foot the bill, you don't want to be at war with your neighbours, it isn't their fault the wind blew their bin. and if you cant afford it, claim from your insurance as that's what its for....assuming it doesn't count as act of god
Old 02-04-2015, 12:08 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Oh come on, why so serious?

There is always room for buggary, rape, racism and wanton vandalism.
Old 02-04-2015, 12:15 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Originally Posted by Fudgey
imo, get the bin, murder the guy and then put him in it, then throw the lot through his front window.

job done.
You've not thought this through!! think of the forensics evidence you'd leave behind!

Buy your murder weapon from a tool shop miles away with no cameras, or if you struggle to find and old school tool shop like that, a car boot off the pikeys.

Wipe the weapon and bin down with acetone to avoid DNA.

Plastic yourself up dexter style, then kill him.

Chop his body up on some plastic, bin bag it - 2 bags each - one does not want leakage....

Put the bags in his bin early hours before bin collection.

Re-acetone the weapon and chuck in a canal/lake/river. Acetone any plastics youve worn then torch them in a wheely bin behind some units. The other waste burning will help ensure a complete burn of the evidence.

Hopefully he will end up in the landfill without being discovered and it will end up being a fairly quickly closed "missing persons" case.

if the body is discovered when the bin is emptied or later on, there is no physical evidence to link you to the scene, the weapon etc is miles away and clean, and at best there is only weak circumstantial evidence against you.
Old 02-04-2015, 12:23 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 449 Likes on 397 Posts

Sounds like you've put a bit of thought in to this Warren??!!!!
Old 02-04-2015, 12:40 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Received 415 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by Psycho Warren
You've not thought this through!! think of the forensics evidence you'd leave behind!

Buy your murder weapon from a tool shop miles away with no cameras, or if you struggle to find and old school tool shop like that, a car boot off the pikeys.

Chop his body up on some plastic, bin bag it - 2 bags each - one does not want leakage....

Re-acetone the weapon and chuck in a canal/lake/river. Acetone any plastics youve worn then torch them in a wheely bin behind some units. The other waste burning will help ensure a complete burn of the evidence.

Hopefully he will end up in the landfill without being discovered and it will end up being a fairly quickly closed "missing persons" case.

if the body is discovered when the bin is emptied or later on, there is no physical evidence to link you to the scene, the weapon etc is miles away and clean, and at best there is only weak circumstantial evidence against you.

to late, the motive is in this thread the bin incident lol
Old 02-04-2015, 12:53 PM
tony66
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts
Default morals

ill find him a solution for his bin next week, I'm gonna grip fill the fucker to the pavement.

He is polish, i don't think they have any morals at all tbh.
you cant tar one race with the same brush james... lots of poles are really car daft and enthusiasts-but imho this was going to happen now and again with the wheelie bin rules and unreliable unpredictable collection times-council own the bin,the bin damaged your property when it was being used as required-its been really windy where i live and streets end up a real mess
in your shoes i would contact the council-they wont be helpful but you can go from there
Old 02-04-2015, 12:58 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Originally Posted by RichieST
Sounds like you've put a bit of thought in to this Warren??!!!!
I've got plans for most things in my head. You never know when your nieghbour might become a threat and need eliminating.
Originally Posted by scoooby slayer
to late, the motive is in this thread the bin incident lol
still weak at best.

"He whinged on the internet" is what most would see and laugh it off.
Old 02-04-2015, 02:11 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Received 106 Likes on 93 Posts

I can just imagine you gaffer-taped head to toe in plastic sheeting trying to entice your neighbours round for a coffee...
Old 02-04-2015, 03:13 PM
Nash
Cake lover!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

1 bag of post crete and 5ltrs of water poured into his bin, wont have to worry about it blowing over again.
Old 02-04-2015, 04:07 PM
TimC
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Am I the only person that thinks James is being a bit of childish knob here?

If its bin collection day surely the bin goes to the front of the drive otherwise it wont get emptied, windy weather or not?

As somebody else posted, this would come down to an "act of God". Yeah its not your fault, but its hardly your neighbours fault either. You are just going to have to take it on the chin and move on.
Old 02-04-2015, 04:27 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I think I'd be gutted if it happened to me but some of them polish guys are muscle bound skin head nutters, I used to work with a couple and some of the things I saw them do like pick up an engine on they own and shit like that I used to think I ain't messing with that Fooker!!
Old 02-04-2015, 04:27 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Fudgey
I can just imagine you gaffer-taped head to toe in plastic sheeting trying to entice your neighbours round for a coffee...
Like on snatch lol
Old 02-04-2015, 05:08 PM
cossiestu
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 150 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by neilrev
the tags are epic! fpmsl
...including the usual Kosman bumming something!?

We're having a similar issue with our neighbours and a fence blowing down...

Good luck with it, hope you get it sorted somehow...
Old 02-04-2015, 05:09 PM
n8935f

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your bin was blown by the wind into the neighbours car would you pay him £1000 for repair ? The neighbour didn't do it, the wind did.
Old 02-04-2015, 05:40 PM
James @ M Developments.
BANNED

BANNED

I would go halfs with him, seems the only amicable thing to do given the circumstances.

To not get a sorry just feels a little below the belt to me, fair enough he didn't cause the damage himself, but did I ?
Yet I'm the one left with a bill for £1k to fix the damage he could have prevented.
He could easily have put the bin out in the morning when the wind had dropped off like I did, he starts work after me and his mrs sits at home all day claiming benefits,
Even if he had asked me and said "hey I'm not putting my bin out because of the wind and it will be 2ft from your cars can you do it for me in the morning" I would have happily done so. He knows I'm a petrol head and love my cars and often chats while I'm out cleaning them etc.

If I was trying to be unfair to him I would be asking him to pay for a pair of lights plus the repair to the wing and bumper, as I don't like lights looking odd replacing one can often make the car look shite. I will probably go this route and buy a pair to keep things tip top, but that's up to me and I'm not expecting that from him but I do expect something.

It's a similar case to kids playing football in the street, if one hit a car and damaged it do you just take it on the chin and forget about it, or have a word with the kids and parents of the kid who caused the damage? I would be getting the parents to foot the bill but they didn't kick the ball

Last edited by James @ M Developments.; 02-04-2015 at 05:44 PM.
Old 02-04-2015, 05:48 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

I feel your pain mate, the fat child popping benefit grabbing bint at the end of my street has door dinked both my cars in the last couple of days. Her and her numerous kids just throw the doors open without a care. And there's always crap on the floor where the McDonalds wrappers and fruit shoot bottles have fallen from the car and she's just left it.

Anyone want to bum her for me as I'm not touching it
Old 02-04-2015, 05:52 PM
roybacer
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same last winter but the other way round.

My bin went over in the wind and put a massive dent in the back door of the neighbours 5 series.

Luckily (for me) he was VERY reasonable, despite me offering to pay (which although gutting to pay for it, I didn't see why it should cost him any money) he only took a contribution towards it (£100 I think from memory) and he took care of the rest.

From then on I've ALWAYS left the bins on their "back" so they cant blow over again, it gets some strange looks sometimes but if it stops it happening again who cares....

Name:  IMG_3066_zpswca25e91.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  486.9 KB

(Ignore the rainbow numbers on the bin lol - that was the mrs)

In my opinion, he should certainly pay towards the damage, but all depends on how well you get on with him and if it could cause you issues in the future?
The following users liked this post:
Paul_RS (05-04-2015)
Old 02-04-2015, 05:56 PM
James @ M Developments.
BANNED

BANNED

We have always got on really well, not pals but certainly friendly enough to chat, that's why I find it strange how he has reacted to it,
Even to the point my mrs was giving him and his mrs help when they had there first child as they didn't have a clue what to do, she went out of her way to help them and gave them loads of stuff she had spare to help

Last edited by James @ M Developments.; 02-04-2015 at 05:58 PM.
Old 02-04-2015, 06:09 PM
CrOwSoN15
Ben

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

Oh fuck mate why didn't u say that before? Defo throw the bin through the cunts back window and then slowly start ruining his life. I'd tie the fucker to a chair untill I got his PIN number and draw the £1000 out, that may take a few days as cashpoints only dish out a certain amount a day
Name:  ef02b4af17582f7a6170122891c468b7be9ea23b0285b06fb6db56ed06b08fe3_zpslane5djw.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  40.8 KB
Old 02-04-2015, 06:16 PM
CrOwSoN15
Ben

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Psycho Warren

Y'know that thread about not wanting to employ someone with past mental issues...
Old 02-04-2015, 06:30 PM
Caddyshack
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1,031 Likes on 944 Posts

Originally Posted by CrOwSoN15
Y'know that thread about not wanting to employ someone with past mental issues...
Lol....
Old 02-04-2015, 06:59 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by CrOwSoN15
Lol awesome
Old 02-04-2015, 07:04 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Lol quality I'm only pissing about really, it's such a shame as James obviously got on with the bloke well to talk to and like he said his missus helped them out with baby etc, it's such a shame when money's involved it ruins everything. There's no way on earth Id be able to find a grand but I'd at least offer to help somehow or say I'll pay half but it'll have to be in monthly £100 installments or something. Mind you I'll be honest a daily driver to me has always just been a hunk of metal to get you around as they've always been old shitters but I took the Cossie to work the other saturday for a run and on way home I stopped at our local co op to get some lunch (fat bastard pies) and when I came out some dozy bint in the passenger side of a ford transit minibus talking loud on the phone had her door open resting against my Cossie with her foot resting on the door handle so pushing it into my cAr!! I went fookin mad, called her all sorts and then as I turned the car round I noticed the mini bus was full of massive rugby players. Full boost out of the car park then!!!! Could have ended badly lol