General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

ST220 please help

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 04:05 PM
dampy
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ST220 please help

Hi please help Bought the car 2 days ago and was running fine started it the day after no worries put it in my garage as it wasn't insured So trying to sort the insurance today I thought I would start it up and listen to the beautiful engine noise for a bit before I get it out tomorrow Tried to start it and auto lights come on and nothing one fire then dead,tried it about 3 times thinking the battery mustn't have enough power was going to take it off and charge it but I turned the lights off auto and tried again and after a couple of seconds it started Although a bit lumpy like a bit of a misfire and the revs went up to about 1500, after a couple of minutes it seemed ok so I stopped the engine and just to see if there was much power in the battery I tried to start it again It fired for about 15 seconds before it started and it was nearly cutting out when it did so I had to rev it to stop it stalling Hoping it was a one off I stopped the engine again and tried to start it and the same thing happened again about 15 seconds again before it started and when it did was about to cut out again so had to rev it to keep it going And when I was revving it there seemed to be loads of smoke coming out of the exhausts and it sounded like the air filter or something was choking like it was trying to suck air but couldn't if you know what I mean? When I was putting my foot on the throttle it wasn't revving instantly it fealt like it was choking then revving and :censored: smoke out the exhausts and feeling lumpy? Does anybody have any clues what could be wrong? Please help Cheers
Old 05-02-2015, 06:50 PM
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Hi and welcome,
I'm sorry you're having issues with your car. Unfortunately I can't help with those I'm afraid but if you need any help with your insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.
Old 05-02-2015, 07:08 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 561 Likes on 523 Posts

Is it black smoke? If so could be overfueling, a guess without plugging it in but could be coolant temp sensor fault or cold start. Best to get it plugged in to find the fault though to be fair