General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Matt Lewis

Search this Thread

Old 24-06-2014, 09:51 AM
grcossie
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

He has always sorted out, if it has been something. Also have to now, that it is another Matt Lewis (Matt Lewis Racing), never used him
Old 04-07-2014, 02:58 PM
DixieTheKid
Pick-up P100 Power!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Matt has been fair an honest to me. I've spent a lot of money with him on my build. Parts have turned up when he said they will. I've also ordered some non stock items from matt that I've had to wait for, I still have some parts to come that he specially ordered but then I knew that when I ordered them. I just bell him and he let's me know the score.

I was also in the shit with my bottom end, crack had to be ground therefore needing to change the shells and also had to change my pistons, this was on a Thursday..... He overnighted the piston directly to him and hand delivered the shells, pistons and some other bits first thing Saturday morning so I could drop them to the machine shop. Can't knock that.

Running a business is hard work, finding trustworthy, reliable and knowledgeable staff does not come easily. Mistakes happen. Nothing in this world is utopia.

Asking simple questions such as " is that in stock " or " what's the availability on that " will help you know exactly where you stand.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:23 PM
KSA-Cossie
Professional Waffler

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Matt Lewis = legend
Old 04-07-2014, 05:32 PM
YOREVOL
YOREVOL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had an issue with parts not being delivered, tbf it was during the postal strike a few years ago. spoke to him and he sorted the issue. top bloke in my humble opinion.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:25 PM
studabear
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 204 Likes on 192 Posts

Pretty sure I've had some parts from him, arp rod bolts spring to mind amongst others, service was spot on, also iirc he steered me in the right direction for parts he didn't supply.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:04 AM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by Sinbad
We operate at 2 different levels though Jay, you are business based were it needs to be prompt and correct were I am spark plugs and oil.

I like to just take the piss because he supports Wolves
Well I will say I needed some bits for nippers cossie and needed them as fast as poss this week and he seems to of changed the way he works I asked if every thing was stocked and could I have it next day and it turned up next day and a better courier service with text updates ! So most happy
Old 05-07-2014, 08:20 PM
Sinbad
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay,
Well I will say I needed some bits for nippers cossie and needed them as fast as poss this week and he seems to of changed the way he works I asked if every thing was stocked and could I have it next day and it turned up next day and a better courier service with text updates ! So most happy
He is a good lad Jay and I would guess like any business, always looking to make things better.

The things he has control over I would imagine he sorts but obviously the things he can't control, he will still get flack for

He's not the type of trader I would like to lose from the Show scene as it's so much better to deal with someone in person
Old 10-07-2014, 09:04 AM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by Sinbad
He is a good lad Jay and I would guess like any business, always looking to make things better.

The things he has control over I would imagine he sorts but obviously the things he can't control, he will still get flack for

He's not the type of trader I would like to lose from the Show scene as it's so much better to deal with someone in person
I totally agree Sin he needs to let his misses do all the phone work and leave himself to organise all the in and out shipping you cant expect a supplier to spend 4-5 hours a day on a phone and still be efficient !! its not as if most people dont see him at a show for a chat
Old 10-07-2014, 02:09 PM
Nick.W
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've used Matt loads of times over the years and from my experience can't fault him. Sound bloke too.
Old 12-07-2014, 09:14 AM
cn-racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nothing but trouble witt matt this year..
ordered some parts from him and imade it clear,that i needed the pistons asap.
it took 5-6 weeks!!! i Think he didnt had the pistons in Stock when i ordered ,like he said.
He still owe me an 4 wd oilpump!!!! the order placed 08 april.... (the sameorder as the pistons).

ebay. lots of parts bought an payed for 29 may. NOT recived yet!
answers to maybe half of my emails !!!!!!!!

Last edited by cn-racing; 12-07-2014 at 09:22 AM.
Old 12-07-2014, 09:55 AM
Sierrasideways
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 49 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by KSA-Cossie
Matt Lewis = legend
What I was going to say