General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Show cars

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 06:54 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 560 Likes on 522 Posts
Default Show cars

Hello guys, well it's show season again and I've got the Cossie up and running and a load of work done ready for the season. Only thing is it has a few bodywork/paint issues and it's not the tidyest around but I love it all the same. I remember last year all I got at every show and from my local rs group is when u gonna paint it? Oh some of the panels look a little faded! Oh who painted that. Now it's over £2k for a respray and we just had a baby 9 months ago so no money for now so I'm just keeping her mechanicly trim so I can still use it as it's an ongoing driving project but I don't think people get it? I'm getting that fed up I'm thinking of not going to any shows with it this year untill it gets painted. Plus the rs club constantly seem to ridicule it. What ever happened to rolling projects? There was a time when u always saw cars half in primer and half done but looked so cool as u knew what it was gonna look like. The thing is I never get to use the car unless I'm going to a show so that's the only place I can take it but it's obviously not a show car perse. Does anyone else have this problem with narrow minded people?
Old 03-05-2014, 07:06 PM
Smudge374
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi mate, my car is a normal every day car like yours too! It has it's blemishes however it's my car and I enjoy it. Let everyone else get on with it, not everyone has the spare cash especially when kids are involved, I know having two myself. Keep her tidy and on the road, that's the main thing. As long as you enjoy her then who cares what anyone else thinks! If they are that bothered then they should stick their hands in their pockets and pay for a re spray for you. If not they should shut up and walk on by!

Just my thoughts. Hope your having a great bank holiday weekend!

Smudge.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:10 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Lol cheers mate, feel a bit better after reading that! I was thinking of bare metal finish to really piss everyone off lol
Old 03-05-2014, 07:56 PM
j6kyt
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont worry about what others say i had exactly the same thing with my escos when i was a club member comments like "oh theres a small dent in you door" i used to say so what its bought and and paid for and im not afraid of using it. fuck em its you car and if you happy with it thats good enough in my book.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:23 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by j6kyt
dont worry about what others say i had exactly the same thing with my escos when i was a club member comments like "oh theres a small dent in you door" i used to say so what its bought and and paid for and im not afraid of using it. fuck em its you car and if you happy with it thats good enough in my book.
Lol true mate, I never wanted to join the Rsoc but my mate convinced me and I enjoyed it for a while going to the shows etc untill they started about my car. I might just knock the Rsoc on the head, though there usefull for getting on the show stands
Old 03-05-2014, 08:28 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Oh well it's only a car lol
Old 03-05-2014, 08:32 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Dont worry about it. When I first bought my cossie a few of the panels were a different colour but I still showed it. In fact I did more shows in it when it was rough than I do know.

Last year I took my saff to central day and the cossie had scabby arches.

Fook what other people think. At least you use yours and its not a trailer queen.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:44 PM
imnoteasy

It's normally the people with crap cars or haven't got an rs that have a dig

Use it and enjoy it, mines quite tatty but I'll still use it and who cars what they say, it's only words
Old 03-05-2014, 08:46 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

True mate. She used to be used in the snow, rain and sleet lol but it's always been waxoyled and never been welded, just dodgy paintwork. Most of the guys in my local Rsoc don't even drive there cars, the last couple of meets since the season has been back on everyone just turns up to the meets in there daily drivers and I'm like wtf lol :-(
Old 03-05-2014, 11:15 PM
pedroS2RST
Part of the Furniture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you ever thought you might just be overly sensitive about the car? Sometimes when things are said they aren't meant as a criticism at all

I found myself being the same when I had my S2 but learnt not to take things so personally. It's only a car at the end of the day.

If people are being genuinely wide, then they can go and fook themselves!
Old 04-05-2014, 07:33 AM
STeve

Received 867 Likes on 695 Posts

most of us involved in the show scene know what your saying all too well and to some of us as silly as it may sound the car becomes like a family member, all I can say is if you feel the people you hang round with in the show scene are not the best in terms of being a actual friends there is plenty out there like us here on PF who simply welcome any enthusiastic ford owners with zero pressure
Old 04-05-2014, 03:02 PM
TOOTALL
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Fuck them.
Next time someone makes a comment on the paint or whatever, just tell them you are running it into the ground and you intend to put the engine through their front window.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:29 PM
Sinbad
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Seriously mate, if its getting you down that much then you are running with the wrong people bud.

Every Group in the Country has someone like what you have explained and every normal person thinks "shut up dickhead" enjoy your car, run with people who are normal and enjoy yourself.

Old 04-05-2014, 06:44 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Originally Posted by 1-PD
most of us involved in the show scene know what your saying all too well and to some of us as silly as it may sound the car becomes like a family member, all I can say is if you feel the people you hang round with in the show scene are not the best in terms of being a actual friends there is plenty out there like us here on PF who simply welcome any enthusiastic ford owners with zero pressure
Defo agree Steve. My saff is like a family member. Ive told the wife that if we need to sell it to help move house I would. But she wouldnt let me sell it lol. I knew a lad who had loads of fords, they were all fooked but he would go to me to ford shows and slate most of the cars. I don't see this lad anymore
Old 04-05-2014, 06:50 PM
Maxwell
Irregular Poster

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

I would rather have a patchwork quilt/multicoloured car, than some of the shite that is shown, that is gleaming back at you, covered in tacky bling and the wrong choice of modifications!!!
Old 04-05-2014, 07:03 PM
gingeRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

When I park my frs up next to some of the others at shows with its stonechips cracked bumper and lack of polish it looks a bit sad.

When I can rag it at a track day all day, drive it home, pick up the family, do the shopping and it starts for me for work at 6am the next day, I'm happy with it.

I have a 2 year old so understand the money isn't there when they are small, just be grateful to have one, and consider it a long term project
Old 04-05-2014, 07:10 PM
RSmark84
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

They are old cars, All cars are deisgned to be used! Mine is no way near perfect buy looks good, And thats what matters, The end of the day paint and bodywork can be sorted.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:21 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by gcfcos
Hello guys, well it's show season again and I've got the Cossie up and running and a load of work done ready for the season. Only thing is it has a few bodywork/paint issues and it's not the tidyest around but I love it all the same. I remember last year all I got at every show and from my local rs group is when u gonna paint it? Oh some of the panels look a little faded! Oh who painted that. Now it's over £2k for a respray and we just had a baby 9 months ago so no money for now so I'm just keeping her mechanicly trim so I can still use it as it's an ongoing driving project but I don't think people get it? I'm getting that fed up I'm thinking of not going to any shows with it this year untill it gets painted. Plus the rs club constantly seem to ridicule it. What ever happened to rolling projects? There was a time when u always saw cars half in primer and half done but looked so cool as u knew what it was gonna look like. The thing is I never get to use the car unless I'm going to a show so that's the only place I can take it but it's obviously not a show car perse. Does anyone else have this problem with narrow minded people?
Originally Posted by 1-PD
Originally Posted by Sinbad
Seriously mate, if its getting you down that much then you are running with the wrong people bud.

Every Group in the Country has someone like what you have explained and every normal person thinks "shut up dickhead" enjoy your car, run with people who are normal and enjoy yourself.

Sin and Steve say it all really and tbh I only look around a show like last nights ace cafe or classic ford as theres old rare stuff to see but for me and I know Sin and steve think the same its a great social to meet others from around the country ! There was a few purists that used to hate seeing jb fletch's saff on stands as it was a well used car but all used to love to see it and he was always nice to see with kirsty ! So fuck any prick that says different you will be welcome on a pf stand
Old 04-05-2014, 08:31 PM
Turboboy67

Who are these people then mate ?, I've always said it's never about the car in my eyes and it doesn't matter how much or little money you have, I will always treat people the same way.

I think you certainly add something to our group and it's always great to see you at the local meets.

Don't give up on the local group mate, I at least still love you
Old 07-08-2014, 10:51 AM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Turboboy67
Who are these people then mate ?, I've always said it's never about the car in my eyes and it doesn't matter how much or little money you have, I will always treat people the same way. I think you certainly add something to our group and it's always great to see you at the local meets. Don't give up on the local group mate, I at least still love you
Lol cheers mate who's turbo boy though lol?
Old 07-08-2014, 10:52 AM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by TOOTALL
Fuck them. Next time someone makes a comment on the paint or whatever, just tell them you are running it into the ground and you intend to put the engine through their front window.
That made me crack up lol!
Old 07-08-2014, 10:53 AM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Jay,
Sin and Steve say it all really and tbh I only look around a show like last nights ace cafe or classic ford as theres old rare stuff to see but for me and I know Sin and steve think the same its a great social to meet others from around the country ! There was a few purists that used to hate seeing jb fletch's saff on stands as it was a well used car but all used to love to see it and he was always nice to see with kirsty ! So fuck any prick that says different you will be welcome on a pf stand
Cheers buddy
Old 07-08-2014, 11:39 AM
Minirotty
Lucifer II - 666

Received 303 Likes on 197 Posts

My Pikey Van winds some people right up

My track car will be gleaming when it's finished, but wont stay gleaming for long as it'll get ragged to fuck, but I don't tend to get people saying shit to me as everyone knows I'll tell ya to fuck off to ya face
Old 07-08-2014, 12:02 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Minirotty
My Pikey Van winds some people right up My track car will be gleaming when it's finished, but wont stay gleaming for long as it'll get ragged to fuck, but I don't tend to get people saying shit to me as everyone knows I'll tell ya to fuck off to ya face
Lol
Old 07-08-2014, 12:20 PM
costina
Live long and prosper!!

Received 371 Likes on 346 Posts

Most clubs who slate your car usually had RS is in the title. Steve and i had a similar conversation at ff. Its about sharing a interest and enjoying your car whatever you drive....

Last edited by costina; 07-08-2014 at 12:21 PM.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:55 PM
RobedST24
Regular Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by costina
Most clubs who slate your car usually had RS is in the title. Steve and i had a similar conversation at ff. Its about sharing a interest and enjoying your car whatever you drive....
I must have had the shediest car on stand at ford fair and had a similar convo with Steve about u all that I spoke to made me feel very welcome
Old 07-08-2014, 01:31 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by costina
This is true
Old 07-08-2014, 04:57 PM
costina
Live long and prosper!!

Received 371 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by RobedST24
I must have had the shediest car on stand at ford fair and had a similar convo with Steve about u all that I spoke to made me feel very welcome

RS clubs are getting too look at me look what I got as opposed to just enjoying the cars for what they are.

I like clubs with all types of fords it makes for interesting conversation. Passionford stand was great with a perfect mix of cars and a great bunch of people

Paul
Old 07-08-2014, 05:15 PM
RobedST24
Regular Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Arrrrr rite I don't have any dealings with rs clubs as I don't own 1 so wouldn't know but I do know passionford is very friendly
Old 07-08-2014, 05:32 PM
Fullflush

Received 93 Likes on 79 Posts

Tell them next time they pull you on it they might have a point and you are thinking of scrapping the shell and putting the running gear in a Saxo. They will cry then
Old 07-08-2014, 06:43 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

The RS owners club have got a lot better attitude now to what they did have and I can totally understand why they want just RS's on there stands its the bloody Rs owners club And the by product of this is the likes of PF get a very interesting stand for all to see ! The thing that made me lol was the st owners parking in colours My mate Roy who owns autobharn a fag I mean vag specailist said to me " I see some pics of FordFair looked a great show but wtf was going on with the ST lot parking in colour's there more queer than the vag lot " I couldnt park like that in a uniformed fashion its just fuckin sad
Old 07-08-2014, 06:49 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Fullflush
Tell them next time they pull you on it they might have a point and you are thinking of scrapping the shell and putting the running gear in a Saxo. They will cry then
I did turn up one night and purposely reversed it (fairly gently) into one of the bins in the pub car park and turned it off hot, went and got a drink and used my sunroof as a drinks tray all night. That got them talking lol!
Old 07-08-2014, 06:53 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

" I see some pics of FordFair looked a great show but wtf was going on with the ST lot parking in colour's there more queer than the vag lot " I couldnt park like that in a uniformed fashion its just fuckin sad
Lol the first show I turned up to with them they were having an almighty row about how to park the cars. After 15 minutes of my car idling I'd had enough and just parked the fucker in a space on the field next to everyone else lol! The older guy who runs the club stormed off to his car and sat there with his arms crossed and a grumpy face. Funniest shit I've ever seen
Old 07-08-2014, 06:59 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Originally Posted by gcfcos
Lol the first show I turned up to with them they were having an almighty row about how to park the cars. After 15 minutes of my car idling I'd had enough and just parked the fucker in a space on the field next to everyone else lol! The older guy who runs the club stormed off to his car and sat there with his arms crossed and a grumpy face. Funniest shit I've ever seen
Fucking Tosser's simple Yes you have to park right to make room for everyone and park to a fashion that pleases the eye but in colours
Old 07-08-2014, 07:01 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Just to add maybe they should park them in build order too
Old 07-08-2014, 07:01 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Fucking Tosser's simple Yes you have to park right to make room for everyone and park to a fashion that pleases the eye but in colours
Yeah that's all I was originally trying to say about ford fair, or any ford show for that matter, there is so much of it that u really appreciate the older stuff when u see it so suppose they may be doing us a favour lol! It's nice seeing stuff like the orion club I saw last time, u never see orions, I like the nostalgic feel u get when I look at the types of car u used to own
Old 07-08-2014, 07:14 PM
Fullflush

Received 93 Likes on 79 Posts

LOL at reversing into a bin.

If you were handy with the spanners I'd buy some odd coloured doors and put them on.

I love pissing people off..... I need to buy a cossie and join the club
Old 09-09-2014, 12:15 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Fullflush
LOL at reversing into a bin. If you were handy with the spanners I'd buy some odd coloured doors and put them on. I love pissing people off..... I need to buy a cossie and join the club
Lol if I was rich I'd bare metal the fucker
Old 09-09-2014, 12:34 PM
3i Jim
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 118 Likes on 93 Posts

Ignore what dickheads think dude, it's called patina. At least it's being used and isn't a trailer queen.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:53 PM
STeve

Received 867 Likes on 695 Posts

reflecting on past comments as most know I am a serious ford enthusiast as all show/meet attendees know full well when they meet me, never looking down your nose at any car with a blue oval is the only way to be.

Quick Reply: Show cars