General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Show cars

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 01:56 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 560 Likes on 522 Posts

Originally Posted by 3i Jim
Ignore what dickheads think dude, it's called patina. At least it's being used and isn't a trailer queen.
Cheers mate yeah it gets well used and abused but I do wash it from time to time lol!
Old 09-09-2014, 01:58 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

[QUOTE="1-PD;6518039"]reflecting on past comments as most know I am a serious ford enthusiast as all show/meet attendees know full well when they meet me, never looking down your nose at any car with a blue oval is the only way to be.[/QUOTE
Good way to be
Old 09-09-2014, 02:27 PM
Cos500
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 82 Likes on 72 Posts

One of the reasons I sold my RS500 was the arse owners club, "oh you can't drive that surely" why? "You'll de-value it"
Sure it had only done 22k from new, even had a standard ford exhaust with stickers on it.
I drove it to every show, came second mostly as my competitor in concours trailered his, even took it to the nurburgring, it's for driving and enjoying, if you can't do that what's the point?
Found a guy opening my door checking my vin plate at national day one year apparently to check it was a real one? Tosser.
I'd much rather see a car that is driven and enjoyed with a few scares on it rather than a line of polished stuff that has been removed of all character.
Even buying one it's nice to see history in the panels rather than perfect polished paint that has covered all trace, every performance car has had a fight or two.
Enjoy it mate, it's yours, your interest and passion in keeping it on the road means more than any paint job.
Old 09-09-2014, 02:36 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Cos500
One of the reasons I sold my RS500 was the arse owners club, "oh you can't drive that surely" why? "You'll de-value it" Sure it had only done 22k from new, even had a standard ford exhaust with stickers on it. I drove it to every show, came second mostly as my competitor in concours trailered his, even took it to the nurburgring, it's for driving and enjoying, if you can't do that what's the point? Found a guy opening my door checking my vin plate at national day one year apparently to check it was a real one? Tosser. I'd much rather see a car that is driven and enjoyed with a few scares on it rather than a line of polished stuff that has been removed of all character. Even buying one it's nice to see history in the panels rather than perfect polished paint that has covered all trace, every performance car has had a fight or two. Enjoy it mate, it's yours, your interest and passion in keeping it on the road means more than any paint job.
Lol yeah there's a guy in our local rs club with a black rs500, it's Absoloutely stunning, looked like a nut and bolt restoration when I saw it. Didn't stop everyone moaning that he had used the wrong colour bolts and everyone went mental when he put his beer on the sunroof. It's his bloody car lol
Old 09-09-2014, 02:55 PM
Cos500
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 82 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by gcfcos
Lol yeah there's a guy in our local rs club with a black rs500, it's Absoloutely stunning, looked like a nut and bolt restoration when I saw it. Didn't stop everyone moaning that he had used the wrong colour bolts and everyone went mental when he put his beer on the sunroof. It's his bloody car lol
Hahaha yeah the people that moan generally have never/ will never own one too just full of worthless opinions, the 500 in my opinion was pretty poor compared to a decent sapph and in no way worth what people are paying now.