General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Fuel pump fuse/removal Focus 2003

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 05:08 PM
b_kennedy
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel pump fuse/removal Focus 2003

Hi guys. I know this is in the wrong forum but I kind of need a quick answer as the car is desperately needed back on the road.

About a week ago the car cut out on the Mrs twice but she managed to restart it straight away. All has been fine since except this morning it wouldnt start.

Straight away I noticed the pump isnt buzzing on ignition. I have swapped the relay for a High Beam relay to test and still no joy. I had a quick look at fuses and all seem ok although Im not 100% which one is for the fuel pump.

I put a voltmeter on the connector block for the pump. Brown/Green and Brown wires and when the ignition is turned on it reads 12v then shortly after drops to 6v. Is this normal? Does this obviously mean fuse is ok?

Would I be right in assuming its definately a pump needed? Im not a mechanic but pretty competent under a bonnet. Is it something I can do myself as i know the tank needs to be dropped.

Many Thanks