General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

rolling roads how to tell wich is more spot on with bhp

Search this Thread

Old 25-03-2005, 02:37 PM
MadMac
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GARETH T
Best dynos I have ever seen are the chassis dynos. You take the front wheels off, bolt and adaptor plate in place and hook the hubs upto a dyno.

thats a hud dyno,,, a chassis dyno is what we all call rolling road
Fair play I stand corrected Means everyone at college have the wrong name for em then always new my lectures knew less than they were letting on.
Old 25-03-2005, 02:38 PM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird
Sounds you have a loose keyway and it's allowing the cam timing to swing, which would explain why it feels as flat as a fart. This is quite serious and needs to be sorted sooner rather than later. You need to take it somewhere that knows Cossies inside out (such as Harvey at SCS 01733 576 614) for a proper diagnosis though.
good guess mate

crank keyway is always worth a look,, sometimes if fitted wrong this can move,, ending up with less ignition advance
Old 25-03-2005, 02:40 PM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MadMac
Originally Posted by GARETH T
Best dynos I have ever seen are the chassis dynos. You take the front wheels off, bolt and adaptor plate in place and hook the hubs upto a dyno.

thats a hud dyno,,, a chassis dyno is what we all call rolling road
Fair play I stand corrected Means everyone at college have the wrong name for em then always new my lectures knew less than they were letting on.
dont worry mate,, i had too tell my lectura how to use crimpers,, and i aint joking

heres a company that make dynos
http://www.dyno.com.au/home.htm
Old 25-03-2005, 11:41 PM
abdr500
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

could some one brake it down for me the wood raf key is all in and bolted up pisstons are at the top and cam arrows are pointing at one another rotar arm pointing at the rime mark of the housing and bottom pull lined up to the lug beside the groves if the key came loose the pisston will not be at the top and rottorm arm would be out off line but ive cheaked it all and seems all spot on .its funny whent down to a mate s place were hes got a few cossys and it wasnt doing it and got back to mine and started doing it agine his answer was its dry weather now and your car isnt aresing out no more and geting traction were as befor it would spin the wheels and be on 7 000 rpm befor you no it coz it was damp but no its dry and needs alot more to get it to step out