General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Rs national day

Search this Thread

Old 21-07-2013, 06:35 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

It might be different if petrol wasnt as dear too.
Old 21-07-2013, 06:37 PM
Drayton
who?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RSGARETHW
Rs means rs for me simple as

This could be a huge can of worms
I agree with that and I'm a member myself and have been for many years, but as most of the performance cars coming fresh from the factory these days are carrying the ST badge, means that most people wanting a new performance car with a Ford badge have only one choice.

Ford seem slow out the blocks these days to release a model with RS spec and this is all down to marketing as they want to let ST sales soar first before bringing out the top spec model.

Point being in my opinion, is this over the last 10-15 years has had an effect on the club. Surely the sensible thing is to try and incorporate the ST brand or let the RS owners club die a slow death.
Old 21-07-2013, 06:42 PM
Dubs44
Regular Contributor

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

in fairness theres nothing stopping the non rs owners putting their cars on visiting club stands so not really a valid arguement there.

having said that, i wasted 60 quid on fuel to go to nd when i probably should have turned off the m25 and gone to uxbridge instead. it was a very poor show today so i'll definately be going to uxbridge next year
Old 21-07-2013, 06:43 PM
Drayton
who?

Originally Posted by slammedorion
I only went the once, and never again...
Probably would enjoy classic ford but due to bad experience at Santa pod I'd never go again...
And it looks like I'm not the only one...

If a shows bad one year, your not gonna throw good money back at it the following year...
It's a shame... But I really think the Ford scene needs to try other venues...

I must admit Classic Ford at Santa pod has been awesome the past 2 years for me and a great day out. Don't let previous experience put you off this show next year as it's really well organised and a great turnout.
Old 21-07-2013, 06:46 PM
Basky
Advanced PassionFord User

tbh first time i,ve been in a few years? was in pits all day and went out in the afternoon
thought it was very poor tbh getting weaker by the year,never thought i,d say it but donny is to big now for national day.and the trade stands? what a joke.
Old 21-07-2013, 06:52 PM
JamesH
10K+ Poster!!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It's been a shadow of its former self for years, nothing new
Old 21-07-2013, 06:54 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Wheres all the traders??

Coombe was dead for traders - i thought it was them all saving themselves for national day but apparently thats not the case!

Are there going to be any traders at ford fair?
Old 21-07-2013, 07:01 PM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Traders won't go due to stupid pitch prices & lack of sales, you used to be able to pick up a bargin , but now it's cheaper by a long shot off pretty much anywhere you care to mention.

Added to the normal dreamers with van loads of rusty tat for astronomical prices, you can see why they don't bother!

The RSOC is disappearing up its own ass sadly.
Old 21-07-2013, 07:02 PM
T4onYB
FRS chap

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Dubs44
in fairness theres nothing stopping the non rs owners putting their cars on visiting club stands so not really a valid arguement there.

having said that, i wasted 60 quid on fuel to go to nd when i probably should have turned off the m25 and gone to uxbridge instead. it was a very poor show today so i'll definately be going to uxbridge next year
There is mate as the attitude towards non rs owners is poor so no wonder visiting car clubs dont bother as much and chose others shows, just saw 1-pds pics of uxbridge autoshow and it had more cars and traders there then ever, as for pikey scum that hang around in donny public car parks its simply a joke, next year i too will be at uxbridge in my FRS
Old 21-07-2013, 07:04 PM
Sinbad
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Internet has killed Traders at Shows and those that do attend will only go to mass attended events.
RSOC can stay exactly that but be more welcoming/encouraging towards other car clubs be them Ford or not. Japfest was packed at Donington but you are talking a complete range rather than marque.

Ford Fair has plenty of traders but a lot sell shit and I've thrown better away than some of the stuff in the auto jumble

Old 21-07-2013, 07:10 PM
Dubs44
Regular Contributor

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by T4onYB
There is mate as the attitude towards non rs owners is poor so no wonder visiting car clubs dont bother as much and chose others shows, just saw 1-pds pics of uxbridge autoshow and it had more cars and traders there then ever, as for pikey scum that hang around in donny public car parks its simply a joke, next year i too will be at uxbridge in my FRS
i take your point mate, as i'm a non rs owner myself and was less than impressed when our visiting club stand was invited to join in a parade lap at combe a few years back and i was pretty much told to bugger off by an organiser because i was driving an xr3 'rs' only' i was told. i jumped in my mates s1 only to see a bunch of racing pumas and mondeo st's on the parade lap, wtf

i was making the point that you can still go to the show as a non rs owner but agree that their attitude towards some non rs' is crap at times
Old 21-07-2013, 07:12 PM
Basky

and why punish people on track?
support vehicle -extra cost
pit pass for people who want to help -extra cost
normal track days are all free for this why do the rsoc put a charge on this?(japfest dont)
also people cant get in to pits to look because of extra charge.
they,ll be charging show and club stds hourly carpark rates shortly!!!!!
Old 21-07-2013, 07:12 PM
Karl 3dr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Fullflush
Get ready for shitstorm 5000 over whether the RSOC insurance should pay for that
Is that a dig at me?
Old 21-07-2013, 07:27 PM
shortie
Regular Contributor

Our club went to n/d today as a visiting car club & as the same as last year we was put on gravel now our cars are just as nice/valuable as the ones in the rsoc so why not put us on tarmac/grass the other side of the track which wasn't being used at all, as for the show it was good to meet up with friends.
Next year uxbridge show for us
Old 21-07-2013, 07:36 PM
Twins
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 118 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by Basky
and why punish people on track?
support vehicle -extra cost
pit pass for people who want to help -extra cost
normal track days are all free for this why do the rsoc put a charge on this?(japfest dont)
also people cant get in to pits to look because of extra charge.
they,ll be charging show and club stds hourly carpark rates shortly!!!!!
Totally agree there ,would have loved a look round the pits, but the usual gaurds on the gates not letting you in, unless you pay more money,er I paid once to get in the poxy show,i could count 20 people I know of that did not even take their rs cars

Last edited by Twins; 21-07-2013 at 07:37 PM.
Old 21-07-2013, 07:37 PM
T4onYB
FRS chap

Originally Posted by shortie
Our club went to n/d today as a visiting car club & as the same as last year we was put on gravel now our cars are just as nice/valuable as the ones in the rsoc so why not put us on tarmac/grass the other side of the track which wasn't being used at all, as for the show it was good to meet up with friends.
Next year uxbridge show for us
Nice to feel valued eh?, costs £5 per car at uxbridge and passengers are free and today i did £80 in fuel had scum key my frs in public car park and then got mugged for entrance fee only to find no traders and loads of unhappy attendees at nat day

Last edited by T4onYB; 21-07-2013 at 07:43 PM.
Old 21-07-2013, 07:41 PM
Karl 3dr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

We went to a local classic car show in Middlewich instead today and had a great day, free to get in if you're showing your car, friendly atmosphere etc, had a great day
Old 21-07-2013, 07:56 PM
shortie
Regular Contributor

Nice to feel valued eh?, costs £5 per car at uxbridge and passengers are free and today i did £80 in fuel had scum key my frs in public car park and then got mugged for entrance fee only to find no traders and loads of unhappy attendees at nat day
Sorry to hear about your car fella apparently there was some pikeys in transits riding round the car park same shit as always at N/D
Old 21-07-2013, 08:00 PM
slammedorion
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 236 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Karl 3dr
We went to a local classic car show in Middlewich instead today and had a great day, free to get in if you're showing your car, friendly atmosphere etc, had a great day

You going Oulton Park Aug bank holiday?
Another freebie for anyone showing?

That's what a lot of the bigger shows are missing now, a good atmosphere...More and more are doing their local shows, as it's keeping costs down.

Never mind, saved the best til last... Fordfair soon...
Old 21-07-2013, 08:03 PM
Twins
15K+ Super Poster!!

Bloody hell mate not good to get your car keyed that's why if im not on a stand there the car does not go there
Old 21-07-2013, 08:14 PM
mercury grey minter
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by Twins
Bloody hell mate not good to get your car keyed that's why if im not on a stand there the car does not go there
Yes I noticed there was no bailey stand.I used to prefer nd to ford fair but after today's debacle ,I'm looking forward to ford fair..Infact from now on ford fair is the only ford show I,ll go to.

P.s .. Thanks to the pit security for accidentally leaving the side gate open and unattended for over 10 minutes allowing me free access to the pits and great viewing point.
Old 21-07-2013, 08:19 PM
T4onYB
FRS chap

Its a very deep scratch from tailgate to front wing, gonna need a side respray at least, but at least my frs is frozen white
Old 21-07-2013, 08:22 PM
Twins
15K+ Super Poster!!

Its a very deep scratch from tailgate to front wing, gonna need a side respray at least, but at least my frs is frozen white
wankers mate
Old 21-07-2013, 08:23 PM
Dan cosworth 4x4
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Guess I'm biased living in Notts, only 10 minutes for me to get there so I would be Crazy not to go. If it was over an hours drive (Silverstone) I certainly wouldn't take the cossie! Maybe go in the daily driver. I would say it was similar to last year apart from the weather being worse... Best thing about Donnington tho has to be the circuit, which is the best in the country..Maybe they could introduce a rolling road shoot out or something to keep interest. I plan to keep my cossie for many years to come and hope that national interest doesnt decline.

Last edited by Dan cosworth 4x4; 21-07-2013 at 08:30 PM.
Old 21-07-2013, 08:32 PM
AJC
10K+ Poster!!

Received 83 Likes on 73 Posts

I knew as soon as I'd open PF I'd see a thread slating ND.
Old 21-07-2013, 08:34 PM
T4onYB
FRS chap

Originally Posted by Dan cosworth 4x4
Guess I'm biased living in Notts, only 10 minutes for me to get there so I would be Crazy not to go. If it was over an hours drive (Silverstone) I certainly wouldn't take the cossie! Maybe go in the daily driver. I would say it was similar to last year apart from the weather being worse... Best thing about Donnington tho has to be the circuit, which is the best in the country..Maybe they could introduce a rolling road shoot out or something to keep interest. I plan to keep my cossie for many years to come and hope that national interest does decline.
Dont think anyone will knock your passion but the days of the rsoc filling donny are now long gone and as people get less money to spend on their cars what club has the highest membership fees? No prizes for guessing that one
, the rsoc would be better off at oulton park or simply have rs central show as nat day as its busier and has traders too
Old 21-07-2013, 08:35 PM
dingla rs
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

We headed down from up north in convoy
Camped over had a great nite got in for free
To show so canny complain ,
Old 21-07-2013, 08:50 PM
botters
competant bodger

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

i been going national day for 10 years now and yes its getting smaller but its always a show that i enjoy and today was no different
Old 21-07-2013, 09:00 PM
Karl 3dr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

You going Oulton Park Aug bank holiday?
Another freebie for anyone showing?

That's what a lot of the bigger shows are missing now, a good atmosphere...More and more are doing their local shows, as it's keeping costs down.

Never mind, saved the best til last... Fordfair soon...
Didn't know about the Oulton Park show tbh mate, if I can get on a stand then I wouldn't mind going.

To me Donnington has never been the same since they dug it up for the F1 changes, I used to enjoy it when there was the infield part, it just seems too small now
Old 21-07-2013, 09:06 PM
slammedorion
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Karl 3dr
Didn't know about the Oulton Park show tbh mate, if I can get on a stand then I wouldn't mind going.

To me Donnington has never been the same since they dug it up for the F1 changes, I used to enjoy it when there was the infield part, it just seems too small now

Pop on Cheshire forum mate...
Old 21-07-2013, 09:08 PM
slammedorion
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by AJC
I knew as soon as I'd open PF I'd see a thread slating ND.
I thought I'd try the 4G out while I was there lol...
They don't do themselves any favours, the layout was virtually the same as last year...
Old 21-07-2013, 10:12 PM
BRAMMER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I always look forward to shows as i don't do many, i used to prefer ND over others but i'm sorry to say it was poor today.

I think next year i'll opt for Combe over ND - sorry to jump ship but poor poor show, when regional days over take then theirs a big issue.
Old 21-07-2013, 10:21 PM
Fullflush

Received 93 Likes on 79 Posts

Karl totally not a dig at all, really sorry if it came over like that.

I've no opinion either way on the issue, I just insta-recalled the huge debate from last time.
Old 21-07-2013, 10:38 PM
stevenebm
post whore

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I think people forget how old these cars are and there isn't going to be the turn outs of yester years.its also not a cheap day out for people travelling the other side of the country with fuel.entry fees then food etc etc.
Old 21-07-2013, 11:14 PM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

About an hour ago i was kicking myself for forgetting all about ND and ended up missing it - after reading most of these posts i'm glad i never went now, sounds like a lot of people were disappointed.
Old 22-07-2013, 05:50 AM
Karl 3dr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Fullflush
Karl totally not a dig at all, really sorry if it came over like that.

I've no opinion either way on the issue, I just insta-recalled the huge debate from last time.
Ok mate, sorry I just saw it and instantly went on the defensive lol, sorry.

Shame to see that touring car in that state :-(
Old 22-07-2013, 05:51 AM
Karl 3dr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Pop on Cheshire forum mate...
Will do mate, I've never been to oulton park lol
Old 22-07-2013, 06:05 AM
Billy_RS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts

I went to ND in 2005 maybe? Had all the rs500's on track, traders, sun was out, loads of cars on show an track.... It was a wicked show.

Then went to one at rockingham which was ok I suppose

Haven't been again and glad really as it would of cost £80 in the saff at least and by all reports was a poor show.

Rsoc needs a revamp I think. They should organise next years one with not only with RS owners in mind but the general public too. Get as many cars on show, reduce track prices and gate prices, get every trader possible, huge auto jumble, 0-60 time attack, rolling road machine, rides for kids, (bouncy castle etc) ford WRC stand, raffles, show and shine, concourse, rallycross cars, maybe get some of Scandinavian cossies over to go on track, burnout competion for fun....... The list goes on

There's only so much repetitiveness people can put up with. If they keep it the same old boring show, then we will be looking at the end of the RS show scene sooner than we would like.
Old 22-07-2013, 06:07 AM
Rs(555)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Really don't know the answer to nantional day !!

But due to money ,less cars etc etc ..
The show was shite !!
Sorry
I know it must of took alot of hard work to organise ,and I am not having a dig at anyone !

Everybody seemed to take there own food , which was good !

£5.50 for sausage and chips ( yea right )
Old 22-07-2013, 06:16 AM
XR4iSilver
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Sinbad
Internet has killed Traders at Shows
so why is ford fair traders so big price = return !

Quick Reply: Rs national day