General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Rs national day

Search this Thread

Old 23-07-2013, 02:50 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by T4onYB
As soon as money is involved you know the answer will be no as how else do you expect those that run the rsoc groups and club to fund their yearly pissup also known as the agm, how many paid members know they are covering that cost ? Year on year the show has got worse and now donington clearly is too big a venue for the club to fill
I dont agree with some things that go on in the rsoc but mainly what goes on in a very few local groups can be worse ! But I still paid my membership and that was my choice like your's not to re join ITS A CHOICE lol
Old 23-07-2013, 02:52 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Dunccoss
Yes I know that future have asked to join but if I remember right then future wanted a very large cut of the money and that could have put the club and its members at risk as the club needs national day to recoup money to keep the club alive each year
But if a better deal could be done then the door is always open as it could work very well for both and maybe a chat would be good as been a few years I believe since it was last spoken about
Ok, we'll be in touch then, as it could potentially be a good opportunity for us both.
Old 23-07-2013, 03:08 PM
Mk4 Lew
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I enjoyed it, the weather got better towards the end of the day. Only thing I missed out on was tormenting Pete
Old 23-07-2013, 03:39 PM
SBT83
Not Crazy, just Unwell

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord

Ok, we'll be in touch then, as it could potentially be a good opportunity for us both.
Sounds like a collaboration that would pay off for all ford fanatics alike! The way forward can't be marque specific anymore! The scene in general has to cater for a wider audience. That's why more people attend FF. because of the diversity and variety across the board. These things inspire people to go and buy spares and from traders at these shows. Young lads (and lasses) go to the shows to see what can be done and find the inspiration for their own projects. Fair enough RS owners would want a exclusive club but has been said, numbers dwindle. Everyone loves a standard RS, but for some, people want to see that RS engine in something else.

I wonder what cossie owners thought of the first person to go NA with a YB??

It's marmite! Not everyone's gonna like it, but you know what it is!!
Old 23-07-2013, 03:47 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by SBT83
Sounds like a collaboration that would pay off for all ford fanatics alike! The way forward can't be marque specific anymore! The scene in general has to cater for a wider audience. That's why more people attend FF. because of the diversity and variety across the board. These things inspire people to go and buy spares and from traders at these shows. Young lads (and lasses) go to the shows to see what can be done and find the inspiration for their own projects. Fair enough RS owners would want a exclusive club but has been said, numbers dwindle. Everyone loves a standard RS, but for some, people want to see that RS engine in something else.

I wonder what cossie owners thought of the first person to go NA with a YB??

It's marmite! Not everyone's gonna like it, but you know what it is!!
We wouldn't necessarily look to change the direction of the show - it's RSOC National Day after all. But there are things which we could bring to the table which would make the event better.
Old 23-07-2013, 04:03 PM
Dunccoss
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As soon as money is involved you know the answer will be no as how else do you expect those that run the rsoc groups and club to fund their yearly pissup also known as the agm, how many paid members know they are covering that cost ? Year on year the show has got worse and now donington clearly is too big a venue for the club to fill
If only it may have been like that in the early 90's but I can tell you things are very much tighter these days and we have cut costs down to the bone in all areas

Dan will speak with you at ford fair and see where it goes

Cheers dunc
Old 23-07-2013, 04:14 PM
SBT83
Not Crazy, just Unwell

What about bringing in the international audience? If you were to spruce the show up and advertise in FF then surely they would travel. Get all the pioneers of ford tuning there. The marketing of ND needs to be bigger. No doubt the mag can cover this. But as many of us respect the RS image, as a owner or just a general petrol head, we need to interpret that respect and image across to other petrol heads. Whether be it a vw fan, vauxhall fan etc etc. As someone who's owned both in the past I've always loved the brand. It's Iconic! We just have to our enthusiasm across.

Anyway I'm done babbling on now lol.

BTW Dan FF's the nuts, any chance of a T-shirt
Old 23-07-2013, 04:37 PM
chris cdti
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Would the likes of oulton park be a better place to hold nd and make use of the rally/ drift track along with the race track, then use the rest of the infield and paddock area for the car club stands etc and then use the out field by knickerbrook as a general car park?
Old 23-07-2013, 05:29 PM
slammedorion
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 236 Likes on 210 Posts

Love Oulton Park as a venue, been a few shows there over the years...
Old 23-07-2013, 05:35 PM
STeve

Received 867 Likes on 695 Posts

love oulton park but these places are a pain to get in and out off just like the pod
Old 23-07-2013, 05:37 PM
Sinbad
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
We wouldn't necessarily look to change the direction of the show - it's RSOC National Day after all. But there are things which we could bring to the table which would make the event better.
Old 23-07-2013, 05:46 PM
chris cdti

Originally Posted by 1-PD
love oulton park but these places are a pain to get in and out off just like the pod
True as op only has 2 main exits but if you know the local roads you can get out onto either the a49 or a54 without much bother or even the a51
Old 23-07-2013, 05:56 PM
Sinbad
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by MrCapriScort
If the show was poor, the buck stops at the organisers for not planning a decent interesting show. Sounds like it needs to appeal to a wider spectrum of Ford Nuts and dare i say general petrolheads, if you can get more people in the gate, you attract more Traders. Make the show every two years, giving more time for better planning ??
If only it was that simple mate

Paul arranged for the RS500's to come
Graham sorted out the Time Attack lads
Clayton got both models of Focus RS on track
We had 58 cars booked on track 17 short of a full house
Duncan was on the case of all the Local Groups to attend plus he has arranged a 200 car stand at discount for members at Ford Fair

We have some good people pushing to make changes for all concerned, RS and non RS attendees.

Areas that need addressing are Traders and not putting anyone on the gravel area which the 4 above are more than capable of sorting.

Old 23-07-2013, 06:21 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

a big well done to all those that made the day happen.
Old 23-07-2013, 06:23 PM
mickscossie
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

i hada brill day out on track thought it was a good day
Old 23-07-2013, 06:26 PM
BRAMMER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Oulton park don't do Sunday's which is the main reason it's never been there i think, as it's said on the RSOC that they believe many work Saturdays, well i work Sundays and have to take a day off so.......

Combe is on a Saturday right? a very successful show so why can't ND be altered?

Oulton is on 12 miles from Junction 18 M6 and 12 miles from M53 / 16miles from M56 so not totally off the beaten track

But again all dependant on venue costs
Old 23-07-2013, 06:35 PM
chris cdti

Originally Posted by BRAMMER
Oulton park don't do Sunday's which is the main reason it's never been there i think, as it's said on the RSOC that they believe many work Saturdays, well i work Sundays and have to take a day off so.......

Combe is on a Saturday right? a very successful show so why can't ND be altered?

Oulton is on 12 miles from Junction 18 M6 and 12 miles from M53 / 16miles from M56 so not totally off the beaten track

Venue cost would be a big factor as that would be passed on through ticket cost. I know they mainly have shows on a Saturday but they also have race meetings on a Sunday but track action starts around 11:30 (moaning locals and the church) So that would cause an issue for a Sunday show at op.
Old 23-07-2013, 08:30 PM
slammedorion
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 236 Likes on 210 Posts

Not directed at RS national day...
Would have been nice to have a parade lap sorted for the Orions and Mondeos at one of the big Ford events this year tbh...
Orions 30th anniversary this year
Mondeos 20th anniversary this year
Unfortunately due to not having a RS badge it was never gonna happen.
Not even a mention in a Ford mag at our national day...

Last edited by slammedorion; 23-07-2013 at 08:34 PM.
Old 23-07-2013, 08:37 PM
Sticky.
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by dave cos4x4
a big well done to all those that made the day happen.

No doubt well get a post in a few weeks saying ford fair was crap.....same layout, too hot etc....
Old 23-07-2013, 09:24 PM
wildheart
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mickscossie
i hada brill day out on track thought it was a good day
Thanks to you I now want a 4.4 diff
Old 23-07-2013, 09:27 PM
Karl 3dr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Oulton would suit me perfect cos it's on my doorstep lol.

I personally don't see that the problem with nd lies with the rsoc, but more with Donington, for me it's never been the same since it was dug up and the infield sections stopped being used, I used to like having a wander round there to see the visiting clubs etc, it seems too compact now
Old 23-07-2013, 09:51 PM
Miller 3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I think it should be at Brands Hatch, but I would say that as its 20mins from me lol
Old 24-07-2013, 06:40 AM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Sadly this is an issue that always has and always will be said by a few who cant think of anything constructive to say

If this was the case im sure someone would have evidance of this in the last 20 plus years , but quess what , it has never been proven ,, does that tell us somthing

Its easy to slate the people who try there very best innthere spare time for FREE , i wonder if those who say such things would be willing to do the same ???
Old 24-07-2013, 06:43 AM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Why should we change the day from a sunday when we never have had any complaints that its on a sunday

I do understand you work sundays mate , but i know you understand you are a minority as most work sat rather than sun

Another issues is most tracks are owned by the same company , and they want stupid prices plus always want a cut of the gate aslo , this makes it a simple no no as we wouldnt turn over enough to make it possible
Old 24-07-2013, 06:47 AM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by Sinbad
If only it was that simple mate

Paul arranged for the RS500's to come
Graham sorted out the Time Attack lads
Clayton got both models of Focus RS on track
We had 58 cars booked on track 17 short of a full house
Duncan was on the case of all the Local Groups to attend plus he has arranged a 200 car stand at discount for members at Ford Fair

We have some good people pushing to make changes for all concerned, RS and non RS attendees.

Areas that need addressing are Traders and not putting anyone on the gravel area which the 4 above are more than capable of sorting.

Thanks Sin

there are some new faces on the committee this year and we are ALL working to bring the club forward and we ALL have some ideas for next year

BUT, we need poractive people to help us and tell us what we need to do to make it better

Just saying " its crap " wont help , tell us what you would like to see and do

But remember we are the RSOC and we dont want to turn it into a max power show , we have to protect the brand as well as invite others , but we must maintain its the RSOC national day
Old 24-07-2013, 07:01 AM
STeve

if the RSOC takes positive turn for the better paul which is proven I too would be happy at that progress and push rsoc events more for those on passionford to attend, as we are not model specific on here we must cater for all fords which is why classic ford and ford fair are our priority shows and always will be, as you well know most members of the rsoc are also heavy users of pf so it would be be better for everyone if we could work together for one goal in support of the Ford Brand which in turn supports your club, totally get the criteria for your events is RS themed as it should be but to make non RS clubs more welcomed rather than being treated in a different way will help your clubs profile no end, as the old boys club & snobby factor needs to be removed for all to see.
Old 24-07-2013, 07:46 AM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

if the RSOC takes positive turn for the better paul which is proven I too would be happy at that progress and push rsoc events more for those on passionford to attend, as we are not model specific on here we must cater for all fords which is why classic ford and ford fair are our priority shows and always will be, as you well know most members of the rsoc are also heavy users of pf so it would be be better for everyone if we could work together for one goal in support of the Ford Brand which in turn supports your club, totally get the criteria for your events is RS themed as it should be but to make non RS clubs more welcomed rather than being treated in a different way will help your clubs profile no end, as the old boys club & snobby factor needs to be removed for all to see.
ALL other clubs / groups are welcome mate and always will be

What people forget is that the rsoc is a club with paying members

FF and PF arnt so everyone is equal as they all pay the same , an entrance ticket

Now im not saying that the RSOC doesnt think everyone is equal as a human being , but what im trying to say is that loacation , positions and priorities are always with the paying members first as this is THERE CLUB and they pay to keep it going ,

Everyone else is very welcome and we love to have them , but they must understand why prime spots and hospitality is with them first as they pay for it

Yes other clubs money does help , and is very much somthing the club needs to be able to grow , but members are members

The new committee are always willing to listern to ANY ideas to make the club bigger and better and if we can do things with other clubs / groups for a better show etc then lets sort it

The RSOC doesnt want to be a rival with anyone , we all want the same things , a great scene where we can all get together and have fun and show our hard work to everyone

Please remember tho we are a club with paying members and we have to justify what there fees pay for and we cant offer none members the same as members as that isnt fair and not how any club with paying members can possibly run

Last edited by Mr RS500; 24-07-2013 at 07:52 AM.
Old 24-07-2013, 07:58 AM
STeve

thanks for the reply paul and of course I understand your reasoning fully and respect it, a bit of lateral thinking could be applied on a event by event basis though may help, for instance if a local group takes 4 cars to a rs event spending lets say Ł80 on tickets and then I take a passionford stand of 50 cars spending Ł1000 I would hope that scenario would be looked at thinking we should not really stick those guys in a bad spot, I get on well with many people within your club and consider quite a few good friends, I'm simply throwing my hat like Dan into the ring with a offer of help to raise the profile back to where it should be
Old 24-07-2013, 08:08 AM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

You wrote some decent posts there Paul.

Hopefully the new layout in the club may change a few things that other people were not happy with and may get them back in the club.

Would a smaller/ cheaper venue be a better option?
Old 24-07-2013, 08:33 AM
Mk4 Lew
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I think the show was great, but I have only been for the last two years, so I have no idea what it used to be like.

I really enjoyed it, and loved all the RS500 Touring cars! ( well done Paul! )

Wouldn't it be easier to notify the RSOC Comittee of any complaints?

Now less complaining and more photo threads!
Old 24-07-2013, 08:58 AM
STeve

Originally Posted by Mk4 Lew

Wouldn't it be easier to notify the RSOC Comittee of any complaints?
lewis they know and are fully aware of all that goes on here as most of them are users of pf too
Old 24-07-2013, 09:08 AM
Madgit
Works and plays on track

I still believe it's down to lack of cars. Proper old school stuff seems very thin on the ground, over the last few years. If there aren't many cars to look at, it's not much of a show is it?
Old 24-07-2013, 09:13 AM
Mk4 Lew
PassionFord Post Whore!!

But surely Steve, up people complain directly to the Comittee, there will me more affect then somebody telling them there's another complaint thread on Passionford?
Old 24-07-2013, 09:15 AM
SBT83
Not Crazy, just Unwell

Like Paul said, nothing should take away from RSOC members and the show! That is the theme and what it's all about!

But like 1-PD said, another group paying for there own stand at the show can't hurt RSOC members or the show! The club gets a income from outside, pf members get to go and show there fords. More people will attend maybe more traders too! It's a win win!

PF could be affiliated club??? See what others think about the possibility
Old 24-07-2013, 10:33 AM
Cossy Mike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 60 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by North Yorks RS Spares

The new committee are always willing to listern to ANY ideas to make the club bigger and better

Please remember tho we are a club with paying members and we have to justify what there fees pay for and we cant offer none members the same as members as that isnt fair and not how any club with paying members can possibly run
Can you spare a few minutes and respond to my views please as earlier in the thread?
Old 24-07-2013, 10:34 AM
STeve

Originally Posted by Mk4 Lew
But surely Steve, up people complain directly to the Comittee, there will me more affect then somebody telling them there's another complaint thread on Passionford?
paul has highlighted change in the committee and us as enthusiasts can only hope its a move for the better as the committee in past years and I do mean years long before you even started using forums were fully aware and have been reported to them directly in the past and nothing has happened and judging by the replys on here most think this is the last throw of the dice in hope things do get changed for the better before its too late

many times I wish PF were a club as I would work as hard as possible to make us number 1 but its never going to happen, so best I can do is make sure all our stands at shows are well attended and organised
Old 24-07-2013, 10:46 AM
Jay,
Sponsor

No because rs owners is a actual club and pf is owned by a huge advertising company that make good money and there based in the states !

I don't think the RS owners club should ever loose it identity like paul say's over time it will become more like a mg owners club so smaller yes but still rs branded !

I think as long as visiting car clubs/forum can still attend rs shows then that's all good
Old 24-07-2013, 10:47 AM
Jim S
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Location: Yarm (Teesside) previously from Fyvie (Aberdeenshire)

Originally Posted by slammedorion
There was a lot of space down the trade section IMO, visiting car clubs was empty, and very spaced out... Never get the carpark bit next to visiting clubs?
There were 193 cars booked in for the visiting car clubs stand, most of them turned up and they were given 4x6m per car. For info about 90 of the cars were ST's...!..!

Yes it would also be nice to not be parked on rough gravel but unless it gets covered it tarmac then there won't be much choice. The visiting car clubs used to complain when they were put in the in field as they didn't feel part of the show.

The carpark next to the visiting car clubs is the paddock parking and is really just a place to park you car inside the venue rather than leave it outside. Yes it would be nice if it was all laid out to show off nice RS's or other interesting cars with the not so interesting parked at the back but that would mean finding another volunteer to set it up on the Saturday and look after it on the Sunday morning from 6am till about 11am.

-------------------------------

The poor weather certainly didn't help but the show is put on for RSOC members (and the public) and if you want it to be a really great show then why not ask for some space at next years show to put on some fantastic display. I did notice that there was no "Passionford" stand like there has been in the past.

I spent about 18 hrs at the circuit on Sat/Sun helping out and my wife did about 8hrs and I look at as trying to put something back into the club rather that just taking out all the time.

Last edited by Jim S; 24-07-2013 at 10:55 AM.
Old 24-07-2013, 10:48 AM
SBT83
Not Crazy, just Unwell

many times I wish PF were a club as I would work as hard as possible to make us number 1 but its never going to happen, so best I can do is make sure all our stands at shows are well attended and organised
I have no doubt at all you would Steve. If any one could you could! But still, if we as a community could contribute to ND under RSOC go ahead, it would be the closest thing to a PF show (and club) as possible. Plus if Dan would Put it in The mag, surely it would be amazing!

I know your passion for fords, as mines the same. We are all working together for the greater good of the scene. No doubt plenty of us would give some time to help out, I'm willing.

RSOC could let us have a small section that wouldn't take away the limelight. If they're willing to make ND a growing show that is.
Old 24-07-2013, 10:58 AM
Jay,
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jim S
There were 193 cars booked in for the visiting car clubs stand, most of them turned up and they were given 4x6m per car. For info about 90 of the cars were ST's...!..!

Yes it would also be nice to not be parked on rough gravel but unless it gets covered it tarmac then there won't be much choice. The visiting car clubs used to complain when they were put in the in field as they didn't feel part of the show.

The carpark next to the visiting car clubs is the paddock parking and is really just a place to park you car inside the venue rather than leave it outside. Yes it would be nice if it was all laid out to show off nice RS's or other interesting cars with the not so interesting parked at the back but that would mean finding another volunteer to set it up on the Saturday and look after it on the Sunday morning from 6am till about 11am.

-------------------------------

The poor weather certainly didn't help but the show is put on for RSOC members (and the public) and if you want it to be a really great show then why not ask for some space at next years show to put on some fantastic display. I did notice that there was no "Passionford" stand like there has been in the past.

I spent about 18 hrs at the circuit on Sat/Sun helping out and my wife did about 8hrs and I look at as trying to put something back into the club rather that just taking out all the time.

Jim

Good reply Jim Also if there was a smaller attendance ND is smack bang in the middle of 2 great shows combe and fordfair so not everyone can afford to do all 3 in that space of time so maybe some will miss either one show

Quick Reply: Rs national day